03-09-2012 02:45 PM
212 ... 56789
tools
    Try downloading Cyanogen 7.1.1 straight through rom manager. That version installed for me without any issues.

Also, if any of you are having issues watching flash video on the web with Cyanogen, downgrading flash, as discussed here fixed it for me: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/2...video-problem/

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    11-24-2011 01:11 AM
    When Nexus becomes available can this build "fool" Verizon into providing the ability to have My Verizon and NFL Mobile or will we have to wait for CM9 for that?
    11-24-2011 07:57 AM
    When Nexus becomes available can this build "fool" Verizon into providing the ability to have My Verizon and NFL Mobile or will we have to wait for CM9 for that?
    AOSP roms are missing a Verizon specific file that let's it register with its network to get those apps to login. Sorry I forgot what its called. I remember trying to install it but didn't work. Ive only had sense roms work
    11-24-2011 09:10 AM
    This ROM is by far the best I've ever used. Been running it for a few days coming from sense ROMs, and it blew me away. Only thing missing is NFL mobile, and it doesn't really matter because the video is garbage to begin with. Good luck getting anyone to pay for that next year Verizon.
    OmahaPlaya likes this.
    11-24-2011 11:13 AM
    I haven't really missed NFL Mobile since I went to CM7 on my phone. Can't wait till CM9 or something for the 'bolt that can run ICS.
    11-25-2011 05:35 PM
    Can someone tell me why the TB doesnt have a final build from Cyanagen? I was just curious. It's doesn't have the device listed on their website.
    11-25-2011 05:44 PM
    So recently I've been having some problems with data drop while browsing. Earlier in the thread it was suggested to update the radios for this problem. My current ones are ancient: 1.39.00.0627r and 0.01.69.0625r. Should i just grab the latest radios, or is there a particular combo that works great with this ROM?
    12-03-2011 12:13 AM
    The latest radios are a good choice so give them a try.

Sent using Tapatalk
    12-03-2011 12:32 AM
    So, I've been running CM7 on the Thunderbolt for a couple weeks, now. Recently, I noticed an issue, though... When someone is calling me, my screen doesn't turn on for me to accept the call. I have to press the volume button on the side to wake the screen up (which also mutes the ringtone), and then answer.

Thing is, when I first installed CM7, I didn't have this problem. I *do* remember a few days ago, though, that I was playing around with the settings, and found that there were different options for the "answer call" style (how you answer the call, i.e. sliding the answer bubble to the middle of the screen, etc.), and I changed the setting from the default. I'm wondering if this is causing the problem. Thing is, now I can't find this setting anywhere, so I don't know how to change it back to test it...
    12-03-2011 08:58 AM
    So, I've been running CM7 on the Thunderbolt for a couple weeks, now. Recently, I noticed an issue, though... When someone is calling me, my screen doesn't turn on for me to accept the call. I have to press the volume button on the side to wake the screen up (which also mutes the ringtone), and then answer.

Thing is, when I first installed CM7, I didn't have this problem. I *do* remember a few days ago, though, that I was playing around with the settings, and found that there were different options for the "answer call" style (how you answer the call, i.e. sliding the answer bubble to the middle of the screen, etc.), and I changed the setting from the default. I'm wondering if this is causing the problem. Thing is, now I can't find this setting anywhere, so I don't know how to change it back to test it...
    Menu Button>Settings>CyanogenMod Settings>Lockscreen>Style Options>Incoming Call Style
    12-03-2011 12:29 PM
    Been running this ROM since AUGUST and I have to say it's freakin' awesome. Great battery life, speedy, and very few bugs.

A few of note:

-General not receiving/being able to send phone calls/mms "I didn't get your call" or "I never got that text"

-Small lag occasionally when scrolling through screens or opening the app drawer

-Occasional drops in data

-GPS for weather sometimes telling me I'm somewhere in eastern Europe

Those are actually all I can think of, but this is really an awesome ROM.
    12-04-2011 01:21 AM
    For the GPS have you tried this fix
    [FIX - Confirmed] Aosp network location fix - RootzWiki

Also have you tried the latest build:
    [Rom] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7 2.3.7 Builds [Updated 11/14/11 06:00 Pm Est] - RootzWiki

Might fix some of your other issues too
    12-05-2011 01:23 PM
    one stupid question, where is the market on this rom? i installed the rom i dont see the market anywhere to install my apps
    12-09-2011 06:04 PM
    one stupid question, where is the market on this rom? i installed the rom i dont see the market anywhere to install my apps
    you have to search for "gAPPS.apk". That has it in it.

gAPPS link. This is the one I used.
    panitsos likes this.
    12-09-2011 06:21 PM
    thanks but i went back to bamf rom , i dont understand why we would have to search and install for something like that on a rom when it should of been put in there in the first place, isnt it common sense? ty any way
    12-10-2011 12:47 PM
    thanks but i went back to bamf rom , i dont understand why we would have to search and install for something like that on a rom when it should of been put in there in the first place, isnt it common sense? ty any way
    Common sense... maybe... but once you know the history.... CyanogenMod was told by Google they could not include the Google Apps in it's ROM... that is why in the OP post on RootzWiki it always has a link to GAPPS... it's always been there and if you want to use CyanogenMod ROM you will need to flash the GAPPS, and it can be done right after you flash that very small CM7 file.
    12-10-2011 02:33 PM
    Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I get gtalk with video up and running on CM?

12-11-2011 06:35 PM
    Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I get gtalk with video up and running on CM?

Go to goo-inside.me - gapps downloads... download and flash the gapps-gb-20110828-newtalk-signed.zip file.... I believe that is suppose to fix the issue... at least that is what I've heard... I don't use gtalk.
    jackmei2 and cubez like this.
    12-11-2011 06:50 PM
    Go to goo-inside.me - gapps downloads... download and flash the gapps-gb-20110828-newtalk-signed.zip file.... I believe that is suppose to fix the issue... at least that is what I've heard... I don't use gtalk.
    Worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the help.

12-11-2011 07:17 PM
    I've never used an AOSP ROM before, but would like to try. Can I flash the gapps right after flashing the ROM without rebooting or should a reboot be done in between?
    12-12-2011 08:01 PM
    I've never used an AOSP ROM before, but would like to try. Can I flash the gapps right after flashing the ROM without rebooting or should a reboot be done in between?
    You'll have to reboot after you flash CM7. You can just use ROM manager, install ROM for sd card, select the gapps file and you don't have to wipe anything.
    12-12-2011 08:09 PM
    I've always just flashed gapps immediately after flashing cm7, never had a problem with it.
    12-13-2011 04:05 PM
    I flash the Gapps right after I flash the ROM, without reboot in between... works just fine.
    12-13-2011 05:27 PM
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate your input. Sense is really all I've ever known, so I was a bit hesitant. I feel better after receiving your advice.
    12-13-2011 06:22 PM
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate your input. Sense is really all I've ever known, so I was a bit hesitant. I feel better after receiving your advice.
    You'll find much faster boot times as well as overall performance with CM7. It won't look as pretty but generally you can fix that with apps like Beautiful Widgets and such.
    12-14-2011 08:17 AM
212 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD