Rooted but downloaded update!!!! Please Help!!

fire125k

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted using the Revolutionary. I was using the original stock rom for the free wifi. Now I downloaded the update when it goes to update it gets halfway and get the android with the exclamation mark. I pull the battery out and it reboots but then after a min it goes to shut down and tries to re install update again. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP NEED MY PHONE!!!!!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would try booting into recovery and do a factory reset which will wipe all you apps and info not backed up but should stop the update. If that doesn't work I would try installing a custom rom from the recovery menu.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Did u attempt to boot into hboot. Vol button down power buttton down? Do u still have root? If so you should download a custom rom and flash it in hboot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Pull the SD card out. Boot into Hboot (vol down while powering up) and clear cache. Then disable the auto update or use another ROM.

fire125k

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I just re installed the rom I was using. And that stopped the phone from attempting to re install. Should I not download the ota update? If not how do I get GB the released ver on my phone? I would Really like to say thanks you for the quick help you guys are the best!!!!

katnapper

Banned
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
You can unroot and upgrade ota. Better plan (what I'm doing) is to wait for the devs to clean the ota up and install that ROM.

Currently running Gingeritis 3D VIII

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I just re installed the rom I was using. And that stopped the phone from attempting to re install. Should I not download the ota update? If not how do I get GB the released ver on my phone? I would Really like to say thanks you for the quick help you guys are the best!!!!

Don't OTA update. Wait till the OTA is available for root users( might be out already but I don't know for sure)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc