So when can we Root the new GB.

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, How long will it be before we can Root the new Gingerbread OTA? I am not in a rush. But I am ready to do it and was going to but the phone rebooted and had GB on it without my acknowledgement. So I guess I have to wait a bit. But how long

Later,
Brandon

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, How long will it be before we can Root the new Gingerbread OTA? I am not in a rush. But I am ready to do it and was going to but the phone rebooted and had GB on it without my acknowledgement. So I guess I have to wait a bit. But how long

Later,
Brandon

You can root it now. Use the Revolutionary method and don't forget to flash the su.zip

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

javadandy

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Look, I was the biggest chicken on the planet. I have been afraid of screwing my phone up. I only have the 1 phone, and if I hose it, I'm done. :-! My phone is delicate and tenuous since I dropped it in water this summer. My tpu case kept it in what "appears" in good condition?? as my battery didn't even get wet. But I am sure that something in it is probably not as it should be. With that being said, I waited for the GB. I wanted the OTA upgrade to make all of the features work on my phone without rooting. I wanted the phone I signed up for. Finally we got the GB, and it almost made everything work like it should. Almost, but after all of that waiting, it was not enough. I had to do something more.

Revolutionary is the best thing ever! I just gathered all the materials I needed to my pc and revolutionary took me just about a half hour (like the previous poster said). It was awesome and it was easy. I'm just an average mom, with some computer skills (like I built the computer I rooted on) but I hate script writing, and I hate implied instructions where some obvious pieces are missing because they are common knowledge. I understand that's a time saver for those who know, but wasn't enough to keep me confident in my rooting skills, but Revolutionary was different. It was so simple you didn't need to know tons of stuff. IMO Revolutionary is complete, and sets you up to do great things! Go forward and seize the day! :D