11-15-2013 11:55 AM
775 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    ambienteternity

Try to re-run the root from step 10 I think, the part to re-flash the SU .zip file.

Ok. I'll give that a try when I have access to a computer.

Thanks for your input. I'll definitely reply with whatever happens.
    11-02-2011 12:24 PM
    I have a question.. i downloaded the update that I was having problem with.. I wanna try and root my phone again, I go to step 10 and follow the directions.. when I try and hit the power button on recovery, It wont even let me get into the recovery, I get a wierd animation and then a picture of a phone with a big red exclamation point.
    CW,

I have the same issue as kidnice. Any ideas?
    11-02-2011 07:38 PM
    I haven't tried this root method with the new update but from what others are saying... it does and should work. You might want to try the method that's being used on XDA.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/thu...date-root.html
    11-02-2011 07:50 PM
    CW,

I have the same issue as kidnice. Any ideas?
    I had this issue. To fix it I completely unrooted the phone back to s-on and flashed 2.2. Followed the exact instruction on the first post of this tread. Let it update to 2.3, and then rooted it again. Whole process takes about 30 mins with all the backups.
    Cyber Warrior and kidnice15 like this.
    11-04-2011 03:16 PM
    thanks for the info. I guess I will be doing that either tonight or tomorrow..
    11-04-2011 04:55 PM
    I just unrooted using the link below and things appear to be back to stock. My question is when I goto software update and press "check new" I'm not getting the OTA GB update so still on 2.2.1 Also if I press the "Status" the only field that is populated is Source with Verizon Wireless. Is it possible that GB just hasn't rolled out to me yet? Thanks!

[HOWTO] Restore to stock for root users and non-root users UPDATED 5/17/2011 - xda-developers
    11-05-2011 01:34 AM
    I had this issue. To fix it I completely unrooted the phone back to s-on and flashed 2.2. Followed the exact instruction on the first post of this tread. Let it update to 2.3, and then rooted it again. Whole process takes about 30 mins with all the backups.
    Just a question, when you unrooted, did you do the whole unroot, or did you just do the part where it says putting current stock firmware and S-on back onto the phone..
    11-05-2011 09:50 AM
    ambienteternity

Try to re-run the root from step 10 I think, the part to re-flash the SU .zip file.
    Ok, sorry for the delay.

I redid step 10... Flashed the SU zip from recovery.

My phone says its S-off and it says revolutionary at the top, but all the bloatware is still on (it wasn't before it unrooted itself), and when I try to take a screenshot, it tells me I dont have root access.

What I find odd though is that apps like MyBackup Pro think I do have root access... It's very confusing.

So, I'm not sure if my phone is rooted or not. It's definitely not in the state I want it to be in. I was considering using BAMF forever 1.0.7. Do you guys think I should just take the plunge, run it and see if I'm suddenly rooted again? Or is there an underlying issue here my noob *** can't see?
    11-05-2011 11:39 AM
    Ok, so how about this...

superuser seems to think I'm rooted, and busybox just successfully installed for me...

So confused. So I'm rooted? Maybe I should just wipe everything and attempt the bamf forever install...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    11-05-2011 12:30 PM
    Yay!

New update. I took the plunge into Bamf forever 1.0.7 and it works! Rooted!

Just waiting for MyBackup to finish restoring my massive amount of texts that I cant seem to let go between my boyfriend and i, lol
    11-05-2011 03:01 PM
    How is BAMF forever 1.0.7.. I am thinking about installing a custom rom now that I am rooted
    11-05-2011 05:24 PM
    I have the newest update and im trying to root. i get the beta key and all that just fine...when i click back on the revolutionary.exe it says Waiting for device...thats all i get...i did this on another thunderbolt that did not have the newest update and everything went fine no problems. any idea how to get it to find the device?
    11-05-2011 05:51 PM
    It's pretty cool. Smooth and functional. The data widget doesn't like me much, but I can still toggle it from the pull-down menu. I like it, but i must have more speed! More powah! Lol

-Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk!
    11-05-2011 06:06 PM
    I haven't tried this root method with the new update but from what others are saying... it does and should work. You might want to try the method that's being used on XDA.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/thu...date-root.html
    CW

FYI - The redirection to XDA was a big help.

Apparently ClockWork recovery was gone (red triangle with exclamation).

Reinstalled ClockWorkMod, installed SU zip file, ROOTED!

Thanks CW!!
    11-05-2011 10:04 PM
    I think you guys should do a video on how to unroot a phone, like they did showing how to root one.
    11-06-2011 05:13 PM
    Nice write up, I'll have to give this a shot.

About uninstalling HTC Sync. Do you think I could just keep that program from starting by removing it from windows start until I'm all done or is there some other reason I have to have it totally un installed?

I just figured shutting it down would make it easier than re installing HTC sync later.
    11-06-2011 08:38 PM
    I think you guys should do a video on how to unroot a phone, like they did showing how to root one.
    Heres a video for unroot

How to Unroot - HTC Thunderbolt (After Revolutionary) - YouTube
    11-06-2011 09:01 PM
    Just to confirm - does the root method set forth in the OP still work following the OTA update? Battery life post-update is totally unacceptable, and it is past time for me to take back control of this phone. Thanks!
    11-07-2011 03:21 PM
    Just to confirm - does the root method set forth in the OP still work following the OTA update? Battery life post-update is totally unacceptable, and it is past time for me to take back control of this phone. Thanks!
    Yes it does still work and is the simplest method.
    e88cc likes this.
    11-07-2011 04:12 PM
    I just rooted with Revolutionary and ran into some problems. I don't seem to have any Clockwork recovery apps in the SuperUser app. I have NIS 2012, not sure how to disable firewall, but turned all services OFF.

After entering my beta key, everything was going smoothly until I went to install Clockwork recovery. I chose Y and it looked like it was loading, but the Revolutionary window disappeared, no crash message. I restarted Revolutionary and it would just stay on waiting for device.

I selected REBOOT on the phone, let it fully get into android, then reboot and hold down power + volume down to get into recovery.

Revolutionary window now sees my phone, says I already have S-OFF, and asks if I want to flash Clockwork recovery.

I say Y, and it says successful. Phone recovery says Revolutionary in Pink and S-OFF. I was able to then continue to load the .zip file successfully and the phone booted in Android like normal. I've got the SuperUser app, but there's nothing in it.

I tried rebooting to Bootloader again and reopen Revolutionary to flash clockwork, but it fails.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something when Revolutionary window disappeared? I haven't downloaded the Root Check app yet...might do that...not sure I want to spend $.99 for a one time use....Please help!!
    11-07-2011 07:44 PM
    Well I think I may be ok.

From doing some searches the SuperUser app list other apps that I've given SuperUser access too. I downloaded My Backup Pro, ROM Manager, Root Checker Pro and Titanium Backup and they are now showing up in it.

Root Checker Pro says I have root access.

So I think I'm done.

I did notice a lot of my free apps disappeared, Amazon, Mint, etc. My Apps in Market didn't show they existed on my phone. Re-downloaded them and all of my user data was still there....hmmm?

Guess the first minor hiccup in my rooting quest...guess it could have been worse.
    11-07-2011 10:02 PM
    Ok, I am now rooted and I do not have the Settings any more. I cannot figure out what to do now. Yes I am an *****. When I go to Menu/Settings I get the following message "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone." I thought I did a backup using Rom Manager but I guess I did not as I had to reinstall the program from the market. Yes I am a noob to the extreme and I apologize but HELP please.
    11-08-2011 09:36 AM
    Ok, I am now rooted and I do not have the Settings any more. I cannot figure out what to do now. Yes I am an *****. When I go to Menu/Settings I get the following message "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone." I thought I did a backup using Rom Manager but I guess I did not as I had to reinstall the program from the market. Yes I am a noob to the extreme and I apologize but HELP please.
    Sounds like you deleted the setting app, restore with Backup will fix easily..

11-08-2011 04:15 PM
    This may be a stupid question, but in step 4, do I just drag and drop? When I open the disk drive on my computer I just got all of the files. Is this the SD card?
    11-09-2011 10:56 AM
    This may be a stupid question, but in step 4, do I just drag and drop? When I open the disk drive on my computer I just got all of the files. Is this the SD card?
    Yes... you can drag and drop it. Open "my computer" and plug the phone in and set it as a disc drive... which ever new drive pops up is your phone. Double click on the drive an you should see Android related folders. Place the file directly onto the drive... do not place it in any folders.
    11-09-2011 11:08 AM
775 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD