11-15-2013 11:55 AM
775 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Can not reboot with vol down and power button. Therefore, cannot get Hboot version....
    Need to root to install Titanium after I installed Gingerbread.
    Hope you can help!!!
    Ron
    11-17-2011 08:01 PM
    Can not reboot with vol down and power button. Therefore, cannot get Hboot version....
    Need to root to install Titanium after I installed Gingerbread.
    Hope you can help!!!
    Ron
    ... a little confused.. are you starting from the beginning of the guide? what exactly is happening? need more info.
    11-17-2011 09:35 PM
    I think the volume bar does not work properly. It never has really turned down the volume.

I had a rooted TB that I did back in May. I couldn't get Gingerbread to OTA download, so I pasted the new zip file(gingerbread) on the sd and had to use the Factory Data Reset to get GBread installed. I now have 2.2.1 Android v and Baseband 1.02.00.0103_2r ver. I wanted to use Titanium to restore my old settings/programs, but it could not gain access because I was not rooted any longer. Trying to root with REvolution requires reboot version number and the phone won't reboot with the volume and power key. So is there another way to obtain the reboot version #?

I hope I didn't muddy the waters even more so.

Thanks for any help.
    11-17-2011 10:08 PM
    Got that all fixed and now trying to get a beta key. Having no success. All I keep getting is invalid beta key msg. Double checked , watch caps but no beta key...can you help.
    Thks
    11-18-2011 07:04 PM
    I'm haven a problem, it keeps saying Communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted?????
    11-18-2011 11:30 PM
    A little help....
    I can get to the Bootloader but the volume and power button do not function. I can't make selections with them. Did a piece of software not get loaded? There is also an automatic timer to reboot the phone which doesn't help.
    If anyone can help, I would certainly appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Ron
    11-19-2011 06:06 PM
    Got that all fixed and now trying to get a beta key. Having no success. All I keep getting is invalid beta key msg. Double checked , watch caps but no beta key...can you help.
    Thks
    Just copy and paste the beta key in. Copy the text as normal, then on the revolutionary click the file in the top left, then edit, then paste.
    11-19-2011 09:31 PM
    I'm haven a problem, it keeps saying Communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted?????
    At what step is this occuring? Did you hit all of the basics, usb debugging enabled, fastboot unchecked, HTC sync and or doubletwist uninstalled, correct htc driver installed, phone is in charge only mode?
    11-19-2011 09:50 PM
    A little help....
    I can get to the Bootloader but the volume and power button do not function. I can't make selections with them. Did a piece of software not get loaded? There is also an automatic timer to reboot the phone which doesn't help.
    If anyone can help, I would certainly appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Ron
    This is after you ran revolutionary and flashed cwm?
    11-19-2011 09:57 PM
    At what step is this occuring? Did you hit all of the basics, usb debugging enabled, fastboot unchecked, HTC sync and or doubletwist uninstalled, correct htc driver installed, phone is in charge only mode?

Yes usb debugging is enabled fastboot unchecked, no HTC sync an Idk what doubletwist is so I'm going to say that's not on, yes the right HTC drivers installed, its makes it to the fastboot, my phone turns off to fastboot usb an then it says that, but something from vzw manger pops up when my phone is hooked up, and if that's the problem Idk how to get rid of that but I don't think that is cuz the rest of the process would not run right?

I did take a pic of where it stoped but can't upload it off my phone on the site, don't know how I'm new to the site an haven't figured it all out yet

An btw thank you for the replay I've been waiting an checking back every little bit on here to see if anyone could help out...I'm new to the rooting thing I have before to my droid eris but I used 1-click root for that an even installed a custom Rom but then bought the TB a week later due to my eris haven problems from before the root, I really don't want a custom Rom on my TB just want wireless tethering an to remove some bloatware an whatnot, plus I'd like to leave it open to do custom Rom down the road of I wanted an other things I guess
    11-20-2011 12:38 AM
    Made this super easy for me!!! Thanks for the hard work
    11-20-2011 01:01 AM
    Yes usb debugging is enabled fastboot unchecked, no HTC sync an Idk what doubletwist is so I'm going to say that's not on, yes the right HTC drivers installed, its makes it to the fastboot, my phone turns off to fastboot usb an then it says that, but something from vzw manger pops up when my phone is hooked up, and if that's the problem Idk how to get rid of that but I don't think that is cuz the rest of the process would not run right?

I did take a pic of where it stoped but can't upload it off my phone on the site, don't know how I'm new to the site an haven't figured it all out yet

An btw thank you for the replay I've been waiting an checking back every little bit on here to see if anyone could help out...I'm new to the rooting thing I have before to my droid eris but I used 1-click root for that an even installed a custom Rom but then bought the TB a week later due to my eris haven problems from before the root, I really don't want a custom Rom on my TB just want wireless tethering an to remove some bloatware an whatnot, plus I'd like to leave it open to do custom Rom down the road of I wanted an other things I guess
    Try a different usb cord. I had that issue when I was rooting a buddies incredible, cord works fine for my Tbolt, but when I hooked it up to the incredible it didn't stay connected.
    The VZW thing that pops up is normal, just X it. No harm in that still being around.
    If the different cord does not help if you have the option, try a different computer.
    11-20-2011 07:05 AM
    Thank you for the guide it was most helpful. I was having a lot of problems getting past the whole "waiting on fastboot" part but finally got that to work. I have seen that a couple others were stuck at that, what I did was change setting from "charge only" to "media sync" and when I did that my PC downloaded a new driver. Once that was installed I ran the revolution program and that was that. Thanks!
    11-20-2011 08:00 AM
    Tks for getting back to me. Not sure what cwm is unless its the su-2.3.6.3.efgh.... file that I copied to the sd card. I have to take the battery out every time I want to do a reboot. Whenever I used Revolt. or just reboot, and I would get to the bootlauncher(?) screen, I was not able to move the selection to recovery with the volume key. It would then time out and start the factory reboot process. It then would ask me if I wanted to or not with a yes or no. But that's all I could select, I could never get into Recovery. I am now stuck with Hboot not being right for GB. Don't know what effect this has, but I having seen any yet.

I rooted this phone the old method, and had to manual install GB. I wanted, of course, to re-root my phone but I am sure having a difficult time.

Appreciate your help
    11-20-2011 03:14 PM
    Just rooted using this method and was very easy.Thank you for your work on this. Now got to pick a rom.
    11-20-2011 03:47 PM
    2nd feedback: Do I take PG0IMG.zip file off the sd card and replace it with the su-2.3.6.3-efgh....zip file?
    11-20-2011 04:44 PM
    Yes.... you wont be able to select recovery unless the pg05img.zip is off of the root of the sd card.... otherwise everytime you boot into hboot, it will automatically try to start the upgrade process of the pg05img.zip.
    11-20-2011 04:49 PM
    Try a different usb cord. I had that issue when I was rooting a buddies incredible, cord works fine for my Tbolt, but when I hooked it up to the incredible it didn't stay connected.
    The VZW thing that pops up is normal, just X it. No harm in that still being around.
    If the different cord does not help if you have the option, try a different computer.

I just used the usb that came with the phone, but I have a blackberry usb that my gf has I can try, its at my work ill have to try it tomorrow am ill let you know what happens
    11-20-2011 05:20 PM
    Yes.... you wont be able to select recovery unless the pg05img.zip is off of the root of the sd card.... otherwise everytime you boot into hboot, it will automatically try to start the upgrade process of the pg05img.zip.
    Thanks, I must have missed that in the instructions. I'll get back to it....
    11-20-2011 06:48 PM
    I got it done, finally...
    11-20-2011 09:18 PM
    I got it done, finally...
    Ahh good.... What fixed it for you?
    11-20-2011 09:22 PM
    Well, I missed the part about replacing the zip files, and, did not know that the "Menu & arrow" buttons were still activated and useful. Very useful to say the least. I am a visual person and if I can't see it in a video or read it in the directions then I don't initiate the action until I get desperate. I got desperate to try anything which most people, I guess, would have tried long ago.
    stratejaket likes this.
    11-21-2011 06:00 AM
    I tryed another cord an now it won't go past the zerging root now an stays there for awhile so Idk what to do, Imma try another computer when I get around one an can...if I do get this to work will it get rid of the vzw pop up when the phones pluged in if I delete most of the vzw stuff
    11-21-2011 06:17 PM
    I have a gingerbread radio so when I get to the last 2 steps that install mr2 will it work or do I need to flash a froyo radio before I unroot?
    11-22-2011 09:37 AM
    You have to be on that Froyo radio that's listed in the unroot guide. Its the only way to unroot the phone. The first zip file downgrades the radio and the second zip file restores the locked bootloader (unroots). If you don't downgrade the radio first and only flash the second zip.... you're gonna screw up your phone.
    11-22-2011 10:29 AM
775 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD