11-15-2013 11:55 AM
775 ... 2728293031
tools
    Hello I had .19 so I followed all the steps and ran through revolutionary. Everything seemed fine, HBOOT booted, I went to bootloader.

THEN It starts scanning the PG05IMG.zip file and asks me to redo it or whatever, when its suppose to just scan it, then give me the option to highlight recovery.

I think my PG05IMG.zip file is f-ed up. That Do I do?
    06-23-2012 01:01 AM
    Hello I had .19 so I followed all the steps and ran through revolutionary. Everything seemed fine, HBOOT booted, I went to bootloader.

THEN It starts scanning the PG05IMG.zip file and asks me to redo it or whatever, when its suppose to just scan it, then give me the option to highlight recovery.

I think my PG05IMG.zip file is f-ed up. That Do I do?
    Sounds like it. Maybe try redownloading, but if you want to not downgrade use my tool

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    06-23-2012 04:23 AM
    Could you help me out with a link to where I can DL it?
    06-24-2012 01:50 AM
    Could you help me out with a link to where I can DL it?
    Which files do you need?

06-24-2012 01:09 PM
    I think I need the original PG05IMG.zip so it can verify it, so i can then get into recovery and let it do its thing.
    06-25-2012 11:17 AM
    I think I need the original PG05IMG.zip so it can verify it, so i can then get into recovery and let it do its thing.
    The full ruu?

06-25-2012 12:29 PM
    I'm sorry you lost me with that one, if you read post #701 i think you will understand what I need. I'm just kinda lost.
    06-25-2012 12:31 PM
    I'm sorry you lost me with that one, if you read post #701 i think you will understand what I need. I'm just kinda lost.
    Are you trying do downgrade or unroot?

06-25-2012 01:03 PM
    No just trying to root a thunderbolt with .19

Let me start from the beginning. I have 2 thunderbolts, mine and my ladies. I rooted mine like 6 months ago, was easy, but I pretty much forgot how.

Her phone started ing up real bad, restarts on its own, slow as hell, ect. So I wanted to root it and put cyanogenmod on it like mine.

I followed all the steps in this thread, until I got to the part where I use revolutionary, it does some stuff, goes into HBOOT, and then you select recovery.

I CANT get to the recovery option, because when the phone scans my PG05IMG.zip is asks me if I want to update or not. And if I'm correct, its just suppose to scan the PG05IMG.zip and then give me the option to go to recovery.

I think what happened was, When i was dragging a dropping the recovery file to the root of my phone, i dropped in into the PG05IMG.zip ZIP folder, and then took it out. I think this somehow screwed up the zip and now it won't read it.

So in my newbness im assuming i need the original PG05IMG.zip so my phone can scan it, clear it, and allow me to go to the recovery option.

I hope this all makes sense.
    06-25-2012 01:10 PM
    No just trying to root a thunderbolt with .19

Let me start from the beginning. I have 2 thunderbolts, mine and my ladies. I rooted mine like 6 months ago, was easy, but I pretty much forgot how.

Her phone started ing up real bad, restarts on its own, slow as hell, ect. So I wanted to root it and put cyanogenmod on it like mine.

I followed all the steps in this thread, until I got to the part where I use revolutionary, it does some stuff, goes into HBOOT, and then you select recovery.

I CANT get to the recovery option, because when the phone scans my PG05IMG.zip is asks me if I want to update or not. And if I'm correct, its just suppose to scan the PG05IMG.zip and then give me the option to go to recovery.

I think what happened was, When i was dragging a dropping the recovery file to the root of my phone, i dropped in into the PG05IMG.zip ZIP folder, and then took it out. I think this somehow screwed up the zip and now it won't read it.

So in my newbness im assuming i need the original PG05IMG.zip so my phone can scan it, clear it, and allow me to go to the recovery option.

I hope this all makes sense.
    Are you s-off?
    A pg05img should ask you to flash not give you a recovery option

06-25-2012 01:15 PM
    Yes I am S-OFF. I select bootloader, and I am then suppose to wait for PG05IMG.zip to be scanned. Once complete, I am then suppose to select RECOVERY and then root the phone. I cannot get to recovery, as the PG05IMG.zip keeps asking me to update it.
    06-25-2012 01:25 PM
    Yes I am S-OFF. I select bootloader, and I am then suppose to wait for PG05IMG.zip to be scanned. Once complete, I am then suppose to select RECOVERY and then root the phone. I cannot get to recovery, as the PG05IMG.zip keeps asking me to update it.
    Delete the pg05img.zip off of the sdcard

06-25-2012 01:30 PM
    I have been trying to root my phone all day. . . following instructions to the point. . . Its constantly giving me failed to get root What am i to do
    06-29-2012 09:06 PM
    I have been trying to root my phone all day. . . following instructions to the point. . . Its constantly giving me failed to get root What am i to do
    You have yo use fre3vo first, i would ssay use my tool but it's down until tuesday
    06-29-2012 09:07 PM
    Im new to the whole rooting thing lol. what is the fre3vo?
    06-29-2012 09:10 PM
    Im new to the whole rooting thing lol. what is the fre3vo?
    06-29-2012 09:11 PM
    Ohhhh ty ty ty it worked
    trter10-imore likes this.
    06-29-2012 09:43 PM
    Now how do you get rid of un wanted apps? total noob here lol
    06-29-2012 09:46 PM
    Now how do you get rid of un wanted apps? total noob here lol
    Search the play store for bloat remover

06-29-2012 10:09 PM
    Any specific one?
    06-30-2012 08:31 PM
    Not sure because I never had to do it

06-30-2012 08:32 PM
    Lol. . . I dont really mind them being there but it gets rather annyoing when they constantly want to update say blockbuster and so on lol but thanks anyway
    06-30-2012 08:37 PM
    So i am able to temp root my phone, revolutionary kicks in and reboots to fastboot and then just sits there and does nothing.

Across the Top of the screen (above s-on) it says ****Locked**** in red letters

Just got this tbolt from ins today and it ran the latest update when i opened it up.

Running 2.11.605.19 do i need to downgrade?
    07-03-2012 04:10 PM
    Hi
    I'm in need of some advice of what to do. I have a rooted TBOLT that awhile back I flashed a new boot screen of a gal sitting on a bomb and I would like to change it back to stock. I want to keep the phone rooted. I have downloaded the 3 files from the OP and read everything and it seems I wouldn't need to perform all 3 steps? I'm thinking I would only need one of the PMG? or both?Or do I need to do all 3 and then reroot. Thanks for any info. And Have a wonderful 4th of July
    07-04-2012 08:54 AM
    Hi
    I'm in need of some advice of what to do. I have a rooted TBOLT that awhile back I flashed a new boot screen of a gal sitting on a bomb and I would like to change it back to stock. I want to keep the phone rooted. I have downloaded the 3 files from the OP and read everything and it seems I wouldn't need to perform all 3 steps? I'm thinking I would only need one of the PMG? or both?Or do I need to do all 3 and then reroot. Thanks for any info. And Have a wonderful 4th of July
    If you made a nandroid backup of the stock ROM (you should always have this) then just revert back to that. If you're looking to go back to stock and remain rooted.. just flash one of the OTA RUU's for rooted phones. If you flash the stock OTA, you will lose root. You want to use the stock RUU for rooted phones.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...available.html
    07-04-2012 09:07 AM
775 ... 2728293031
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD