[GUIDE] How To Root/Unroot The Thunderbolt with Revolutionary

bizurkhate

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello I had .19 so I followed all the steps and ran through revolutionary. Everything seemed fine, HBOOT booted, I went to bootloader.

THEN It starts scanning the PG05IMG.zip file and asks me to redo it or whatever, when its suppose to just scan it, then give me the option to highlight recovery.

I think my PG05IMG.zip file is f-ed up. That Do I do?

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello I had .19 so I followed all the steps and ran through revolutionary. Everything seemed fine, HBOOT booted, I went to bootloader.

THEN It starts scanning the PG05IMG.zip file and asks me to redo it or whatever, when its suppose to just scan it, then give me the option to highlight recovery.

I think my PG05IMG.zip file is f-ed up. That Do I do?

Sounds like it. Maybe try redownloading, but if you want to not downgrade use my tool

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

bizurkhate

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
No just trying to root a thunderbolt with .19

Let me start from the beginning. I have 2 thunderbolts, mine and my ladies. I rooted mine like 6 months ago, was easy, but I pretty much forgot how.

Her phone started ing up real bad, restarts on its own, slow as hell, ect. So I wanted to root it and put cyanogenmod on it like mine.

I followed all the steps in this thread, until I got to the part where I use revolutionary, it does some stuff, goes into HBOOT, and then you select recovery.

I CANT get to the recovery option, because when the phone scans my PG05IMG.zip is asks me if I want to update or not. And if I'm correct, its just suppose to scan the PG05IMG.zip and then give me the option to go to recovery.

I think what happened was, When i was dragging a dropping the recovery file to the root of my phone, i dropped in into the PG05IMG.zip ZIP folder, and then took it out. I think this somehow screwed up the zip and now it won't read it.

So in my newbness im assuming i need the original PG05IMG.zip so my phone can scan it, clear it, and allow me to go to the recovery option.

I hope this all makes sense.

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
No just trying to root a thunderbolt with .19

Let me start from the beginning. I have 2 thunderbolts, mine and my ladies. I rooted mine like 6 months ago, was easy, but I pretty much forgot how.

Her phone started ing up real bad, restarts on its own, slow as hell, ect. So I wanted to root it and put cyanogenmod on it like mine.

I followed all the steps in this thread, until I got to the part where I use revolutionary, it does some stuff, goes into HBOOT, and then you select recovery.

I CANT get to the recovery option, because when the phone scans my PG05IMG.zip is asks me if I want to update or not. And if I'm correct, its just suppose to scan the PG05IMG.zip and then give me the option to go to recovery.

I think what happened was, When i was dragging a dropping the recovery file to the root of my phone, i dropped in into the PG05IMG.zip ZIP folder, and then took it out. I think this somehow screwed up the zip and now it won't read it.

So in my newbness im assuming i need the original PG05IMG.zip so my phone can scan it, clear it, and allow me to go to the recovery option.

I hope this all makes sense.

Are you s-off?
A pg05img should ask you to flash not give you a recovery option

bizurkhate

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am S-OFF. I select bootloader, and I am then suppose to wait for PG05IMG.zip to be scanned. Once complete, I am then suppose to select RECOVERY and then root the phone. I cannot get to recovery, as the PG05IMG.zip keeps asking me to update it.

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am S-OFF. I select bootloader, and I am then suppose to wait for PG05IMG.zip to be scanned. Once complete, I am then suppose to select RECOVERY and then root the phone. I cannot get to recovery, as the PG05IMG.zip keeps asking me to update it.

Delete the pg05img.zip off of the sdcard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC