Roms with no/few Bugs?

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm currently running Gingeritis VIII and while I absolutely love the updated special effects I find myself wishing I could have whatever the newest Rom is that doesn't have basic bugs. For instance on Gingeritis VIII, I don't get the Voicemail notifications and sometimes there is no way to answer a call when someone is calling (talk about aggravating). I hear with other Gingerbread Roms there are front facing camera issues. What Rom can I get that at least has everything working as it did back before I rooted?

Also, is there a good summary of which radio I should be using? Seems like there are half a dozen radios out there but I can't find anyone saying one is certainly better than the others.

Thanks

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Any bugs you can think of that would be aggravating? Voicemail notification works? No "missing answer" button when people call randomly? GPS, bluetooth, WiFi, all work fine? Camera works?

If all the above is Yes I think I'm going to switch. What Radio are you using by the way? And is mobile hotspot installed? How about wireless tether?

Sorry for all the questions.

mctillsr

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
version .07 all works .... it is the Verizon hot spot not a free verzion... there are a few out the in the market you can add if that is a priority.... VM notification works... I have had no answer calls issues... i heard there were a few in the begining but i have seen none.... radio baseband listed as 1.48.00.0906w_1. 0.01.78.0906w_2 ... not sure if that tells you what radio, as i am not sure how to identify it from those numbers....

the only "bug" that i know of requires a memory clear when installing if you have a FC on your mail... this bug prevented my calendar from working properly... once i fixed that i am EXTREMELY happy with what i have.... there are instruction on the BAMF web site....

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
you guys have me sold. going to make the switch Sunday. Still not totally sure on which Radio to use. If anyone else wants to chime in I'd appreciate it. I don't mind paying for Verizon Mobile Hotspot as I'm not aware of anything free that gives 4G speeds. I would only pay for a it as needed which makes it not so bad.

mctillsr

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I Installed Open Garden... I have not checked the speed on it but it is a free wifi tether available through the market... I believe it offers 4g speeds

mctillsr

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
one thing i just thought of though.... forever is a sense 3.0 based ROM ... the answer call took me a moment to figure out... drag answer or decline to your ring to either answer or decline the call :D

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
one thing i just thought of though.... forever is a sense 3.0 based ROM ... the answer call took me a moment to figure out... drag answer or decline to your ring to either answer or decline the call :D
I didn't really like the sense 3.0 answer screen so I installed the older answer screen and don't have any issues with bamf forever other than keeping up with the versions :p not really sure that's an issue,

mctillsr

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I like the screen just was not prepared for it the first few calls i received.... I am in sales so my TB is my means to earn the great and almighty $.... so the answer screen was frustrating until i figured that part out :D

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
you guys have me sold. going to make the switch Sunday. Still not totally sure on which Radio to use. If anyone else wants to chime in I'd appreciate it. I don't mind paying for Verizon Mobile Hotspot as I'm not aware of anything free that gives 4G speeds. I would only pay for a it as needed which makes it not so bad.

If you load .7 it is updated to base 2.11.605.3 and I believe the radios for this are here.Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! and the MD5: is CB2ABFCBF83F1680AFB7178558AFB6D0
The radio numbers are 1.48.00.906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2 in case you already have them. HTH
Also if you get the call answer bug DL the 2.1 MOD. I had to do this because I have to be able to answer calls at work. (it's the way the boss and other maintenance men communicate with me)

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I'm waiting to read that the call answer bug is totally cured in some version of bamf forever. If that never happens so be it. Anybody got a link to what the sense 3 answer screen looks like?

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
ShiftS3ns3 v1.5 from Droid Th3ory. By far the best sense ROM I have ever used. Very fast, no bugs other than the VZW VM notification, customizable, and fantastic battery life.

SuperSquirrel

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Synergy is by far the best GB ROM out as far as smoothness, and everything working...even VM notification works on my TB. Very clean, not alot of bloatware and is blazing fast.

Hope this helps you, i know it cured all my problems when i started using it about 2 months ago, even put it on my fiances DINC

SuperSquirrel

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Found this radio to work best for GB ROMS should be able to find on XDA.com
Mecha_Radio_2.11.605.3.zip

★ ☆ ★| ROM | SynergyROM | NIGHTLYS | 2.3.4 | SENSE 3.0 | ★ ☆ ★
and this is the Synergy ROM, love it and u can check out the nightlies to keep updated as needed.

Let me know if you have trouble with finding the links or whatever, i should be able to send it to you. and it comes with wifi tether, camera's work and all other concerns you had.

Christopherg

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've recently installed this new BAMF rom, and it is fast and it works. I haven't had any issues answering calls. . .or any random restarts/shutdowns/re-loading of the sense UI.

The microphone works when the headset is plugged in (an annoyance from the last rom). Overall, very happy with this rom.

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
There is a new Gingeritis 1.0 (no longer in beta). I have yet to experience the end call bug and VM notifications problem.

If you liked VIII I would give this a try.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Personally, I'm waiting to read that the call answer bug is totally cured in some version of bamf forever. If that never happens so be it. Anybody got a link to what the sense 3 answer screen looks like?

The call answer bug seems to be a general symptom of Sense 3.0, and there really is no "fix" for it, possibly not until at least a new port of Sense 3.0 is made available (if that ever happens...I'm just saying don't expect one to happen with this version...it may happen, it may not).

On the OP for BAMF forever, ADR has a patch available you can quickly install to revert to the Sense 2.x call answer screen. This only changes the answer screen, all other Sense 3.0 elements remain intact. It is a very reliable and painless solution if being able to answer calls is critical. You sacrifice some minor aesthetics, but it does turn this bug into a moot point on this ROM.

I don't have screenshots of the answer screens, but basically the 3.0 answer screen looks very similar to the 3.0 lock screen. You have 2 options present, "answer" or "decline" and you drag the icon for the option you choose into the lock ring. When the bug occurs, you only have one option, to decline the call (or something to that effect, I personally have never experienced it). The Sense 2.1 answer screen is simply the same one you've been used to seeing...when you receive a call, you can either slide the bar down to answer or up to ignore/decline.

Last edited:

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
BAMF Forever Cubed 1.0.7 is working pretty well for me at the moment. GPS has been great, 4G has been stable and I haven't seen the call answer bug (yet, keeping fingers crossed). Team BAMF has done an awesome job of putting this ROM together.