CyanogenMod 7 for the TBolt

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I Flashed to das BAMF Forever and love it. I have been seeing a lot of users flashing to CM7. I go to Cyanogen's website but the TBolt isn't listed.

Just curious as to where people are downloading it from?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I Flashed to das BAMF Forever and love it. I have been seeing a lot of users flashing to CM7. I go to Cyanogen's website but the TBolt isn't listed.

Just curious as to where people are downloading it from?

From links on RootzWiki or XDA... and from threads started by people here with links to the latest version:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/122521-read-only-memory-not-fully-official-cm7-thunderbolt-7-1-1-updated-10-2-a.html

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok...I did see that link before, but it says that it isn't "official" yet. I thought people where running the official release.

How is this one?....stable?

Start reading the thread... I recently loaded this one and it works... there might be a few little issues here or there, but that is why YOU need to read the threads and know what issues they might have. I flash a lot of ROMs here, so I usually don't stay on one more than a week or two... but it's one of the best AOSP ROMs IMHO.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty solid. I haven't had it installed in a little while, but it's definitely worth checking out. At the end of the day, I determined that I actually liked a lot of what HTC added to the OS, so I'm on a Sense rom for now. You can't beat the speed and performance of a good AOSP rom though, and this is definitely one of those.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Calls and text wouldn't work on my phone with cm7

what radio did you use?

I just flashed over to CM7 yesterday to try it out and it's ok so far. definitely snappier than the sense roms, but I find myself using LauncherPro and beautiful widgets to make it look more like a sense rom. battery life kind of sucked on the first day but looks like I need to calibrate my batt stats.

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you're a fan of aosp roms like cm7 then you definitely need to check out the droidth3ory lineup of roms. They use the cm7 base and add their awesome tweaks.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm having no major issues. Been running CM7 for about a month now. Just recently fixed the NetworkLocation.apk and now apps like FourSquare find me indoors now.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My wife picked up her Bolt on day one, and now she's finally had it with sense and has allowed me to "fix it". No question in my mind, she's getting CM7 installed on it.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried Gingeritis (which I understand is based on CM7) for a day....I wasn't to thrilled with it so I flashed back to das BAMF Forever 1.0.7 and will probably keep it for awhile...translated "Until I get bored".

I am looking for the DOCK.apk cuz I think it is removed from the das BAMF build, the icon is there, but it doesn't work. I did find "Car Home Ultra" dock app and LOVE IT!

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried Gingeritis (which I understand is based on CM7) for a day....I wasn't to thrilled with it so I flashed back to das BAMF Forever 1.0.7 and will probably keep it for awhile...translated "Until I get bored".

I am looking for the DOCK.apk cuz I think it is removed from the das BAMF build, the icon is there, but it doesn't work. I did find "Car Home Ultra" dock app and LOVE IT!

gingeritis 3D is sense based, just like BAMF FE...

pnoozi

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
With CM7, there's the quirky issue here and there but they all have fixes or workarounds. For example, after flashing CM7 my GPS stopped working. I recently fixed Car Home not working and some other things.

I'd be much more inclined to run a Sense ROM if my phone were dual core. I love Sense 2.1, but the TBolt just doesn't have the specs to run it as well as I'd like. So AOSP is definitely the way to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36