Visit site
Final version is out

[ROM] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 [10-4-11]

Features

Odex rooted rom based on the 2.11.605.3 Gingerbread OTA for the HTC Thunderbolt
Zipaligned
4 in 1 Reboot
Bloat free
Fully Optimized for best performance (I guarantee this is the fastest gingersense rom on the thunderbolt)
Gingeritis Tweaks found in the Settings
Tons of Sense 3.0 Components (Lockscreen, Weather, Mms, Rosie, Contacts, Calendar and more!)
Much much more

Included Apps
Facebook
Adobe Flashplayr 11.0
Google Music
Spare Parts
Gmaps
theMikMik Forum app
Wireless Tether

Changelog

October 4th v1.0:

Updated to the 2.11.6053 Base
Fixed Voicemail Notification (Thanks eris)
All New Gingeritis Tweaks in Settings (Thanks roman)
100% working CRT animations (the soft keys are no longer lit forever, and you can disable/enable the animation in Gingeritis Settings)
Possibly fixed phone answer bug (haunt been any reports of it yet)
Updated gingerbread keyboard
Fixed contact pictures disappearing issue in sms
Removed htcloggers
Updated Superuser and binaries
Updated all Apps
Fully working rosie remap (can now pick ANYTHING for the right button to open and you can even set it back to personalize, all on the fly!)
Hide AM/PM, Hide Clock, Hide Battery, Add a Text Battery, Change the color of the battery or clock ALL on the FLY!
Toggle recent apps (need a soft reboot to re-hide), show/hide date in the notifications (on the fly), disable carousal unlock animation, disable/enable built in screen capture is all found in Gingeritis Tweaks
Many stability fixes, and speed improvements
Custom MikMik Skin by Mcluvn

August 24th v1.0 Beta VIII:

Updated to latest base 2.11.605.0
Enlarged MikMik image in app drawer
Added theMikMik Forum App and MyBackup Root
Updated Facebook, Maxthon and Maps
Fixed lockscreen strings
Set default governor to lagfree

August 8th v1.0 Beta VII:

Added Flashlight, 7-in-1 Media Volume Toggle, and Restart to Quick Settings (Huge huge huge thanks to ihtfp for the smali files, DO NOT KANG MY SYSTEMUI without ihtfp's EXPLICIT permission)
Trimmed Some Fat off of fusion.apk
Changed Default save directory of screenshots (Thanks wowthatisrandom)
Added Three Skins: Amazing Sense, Slate and GingerSense Skins by Thyrus & Cypris
Removed CRT Animation (This was the culprit to the messed up soft keys lights, it will be an optional addon, but its unrecommended at the moment)
Fixed Task Manager so it will no longer kill Phone.apk which would result in lost data
Updated Market, Facebook, Gmail, Maps
Fixed the Unable to answer calls bug
New Custom MikApps Tab in the App Drawer
Cleaned up the rom some more

July 25th v1.0 Beta VI:

Added Native Screenshot Feature (Hold Power + Home soft key to activate) Cool right here!
Fixed Bluetooth Sharing
Add 3D Tilt Feature in Settings/Display
Add Screen Calibration in Settings/Display
Fixed Weather Animations after unlocking phone
Fixed G-Sensor Calibration
Clocked Down the kernel a bit hopefully to help those with issues not booting
Fixed Text-to-Speech

July 23th v1.0 Beta V:

Brand New Base!
Everything rebuilt. Did not reuse ANY APKS from the old build
Fixed Contacts Graphics issue
Lots of internal tweaks that really make this one of my fastest roms ever
Removed APKs that are just wasting RAM
Fixed New Reader widget sizing
Added Htc Watch & Widget
Increased MMS size limit
Re did default homescreen so it doesnt look ugly
Removed HotSpot (it doesnt work so dont ask me to put it back in, wireless tether works perfectly fine, if you absoutley need this there are other roms with that feature you can check out)

Known Issues

Voicemail notifications

Reactions: project.in.process

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Currently running BAMF Forever 1.0.7 and enjoying it. If anyone tries this ROM going from Forever, can you post and let us know if it's worth checking out? I would do it but don't have my laptop currently with me as I'm out on a trip.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just tried the new bamf cubed and went back to gingeritis. Like the colors in bamf but missed the speed.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I found that when you hit the left rosie button to bring up the apps if i try to change the position of the favorites / downloaded / all apps and move them the way i would like them I get a force close.

Harkes2k

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if the camera for GTALK is fixed yet? Ill be running cubed for a few days then see about giving this a whirl... Gingervitis VIII had amazing battery life for me.

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Been using for about two days now. Runs very fast and stable. I have to say coming from BAMF roms (which run great) Gingeritis is very smooth. Battery is noticeably better.

I wish this had the doubleshot rom camera though.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
d'ling and gonna flash. enjoying BAMFForever but Gingersense was pretty sweet. glad it's finally out of Beta.

like everyone asked before--someone test G-Talk & Hangout, please. need to know if this camera is sideways or portrait :)

no 'panorama' in camera mode...oy :(
this little thing might break this ROM's goodness for me.

update: GoogleTalk isn't showing it's a video camera version. dealbreaker :( back to BamfForever. i'm timid of flashing a GAPPS version gtalk onto Sense Roms

Last edited:

ksheth2130

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Two more questions before I jump into this ROM.

1) Does NFL Mobile work?
2) Does Gingeritis redownload your apps like Forever did, or will I need to get them all back on my own?

Reactions: Slapnpop826

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, so far apps are not coming down and I miss the Snapshot feature. Both BAMF started d/l immediately.

Thoughts?

disable carousal unlock animation, disable/enable built in screen capture is all found in Gingeritis Tweaks.

From what I understand...that means built in screen capture is still there...no?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Only thing that bothers me about this rom is the notification animations. It makes me dizzy lol. Is there a patch or alternate way to disable the animations?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23