10-14-2011 06:40 PM
54 123
tools
    Gotta plus 1 this.

Please don't tell me to flash it and run it for a week so I can compare myself. That's what these forums are for, asking questions and learning from others personal experiences.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    But one person's opinion may not mirror your own, so flashing and running it for a week is the only way you'll know for sure.

Drunk texted from my Thunderbreaded Bolt
    10-11-2011 08:29 PM
    Has anybody else tried adding Facebook or Skype in the Accounts and Sync menu? Mine won't work at all. I have asked this in the main forum over on RootzWiki, but I fear that my post count has made them overlook the question.
    10-11-2011 09:33 PM
    Did a full wipe and clean install but get stuck on the splash screen and can go no further. Coming from CM7.1.0-RC1.6.1 with the .0906 radios. Installing from recovery. What am I missing? Thanks
    10-11-2011 10:42 PM
    I also loved the speed of the rom. The only reason I went back to bamf forever 1.0.7 is because NFL Mobile doesn't work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-12-2011 12:18 AM
    Has anybody else tried adding Facebook or Skype in the Accounts and Sync menu? Mine won't work at all. I have asked this in the main forum over on RootzWiki, but I fear that my post count has made them overlook the question.
    I couldn't either, just returned to BAMF Forever. I also liked the clock better, and had an issues in camera when I tried to see the gallery from there. Would take forever or stay black trying to see last picture I took in camera. Was a nice ROM, snappy. I'm just used to BAMF I guess.
    10-12-2011 12:30 AM
    I love liquid roms. I didn't think much would change from 2.6 but this is really great, smoothest rom i've ever ran. One question I have for you guys is that certain apps in the market are now telling me that "my device is incompatible", even google apps. I have all my apps backed up obviously, but with this incompatibility issue I can't get updates from the market. This happening to anyone else?
    10-12-2011 12:50 AM
    I love liquid roms. I didn't think much would change from 2.6 but this is really great, smoothest rom i've ever ran. One question I have for you guys is that certain apps in the market are now telling me that "my device is incompatible", even google apps. I have all my apps backed up obviously, but with this incompatibility issue I can't get updates from the market. This happening to anyone else?
    Yup, happened to me too. Only showed like 9 apps installed while on Liquid, flashed BAMF back and I had them back, around 70, and had updates too for both Opera Browsers, Google + and another. Another small thing I didn't mention above.
    10-12-2011 01:27 AM
    Yup, happened to me too. Only showed like 9 apps installed while on Liquid, flashed BAMF back and I had them back, around 70, and had updates too for both Opera Browsers, Google + and another. Another small thing I didn't mention above.
    Did you try clearing your Market data and restarting the Market?

bacampbell11 likes this.
    10-12-2011 05:41 AM

I tried that with no luck on 2.6, I'll give it another go and see if anything changes
    10-12-2011 09:46 AM
    I tried that with no luck on 2.6, I'll give it another go and see if anything changes
    Most of the AOSP ROMs are only good at remembering the apps that you paid for already... and not remembering the free apps you loaded. That's why I had to make a document with all the free apps, so I could manually reload those as well when I flash a AOSP ROM.
    bacampbell11 likes this.
    10-12-2011 09:57 AM

No luck on 3.0 either

Most of the AOSP ROMs are only good at remembering the apps that you paid for already... and not remembering the free apps you loaded. That's why I had to make a document with all the free apps, so I could manually reload those as well when I flash a AOSP ROM.
    yeah i've noticed that too, my paid apps always show up. I backup all my apps, so having them all after flashing a rom isnt a big deal, its when an app gets updated that this incompatibility becomes an issue.
    10-12-2011 10:50 AM
    I couldn't either, just returned to BAMF Forever. I also liked the clock better, and had an issues in camera when I tried to see the gallery from there. Would take forever or stay black trying to see last picture I took in camera. Was a nice ROM, snappy. I'm just used to BAMF I guess.
    You sound like me. I tried LIQUID, Gingeritis, and even BAMF SoaB and went back to BAMF Forever. To me it is the most stable and everything just seems to work!
    10-12-2011 11:41 AM
    I did a full app+data restore using TIBackup from BAMF FE to CM7 and had no problems whatsoever... how is this a problem? as long as you're not restoring system data then you're fine...
    OK, I backed up everything in Titanium. Specifically what option or set of options do I choose to update just app + data?
    10-12-2011 03:15 PM
    You sound like me. I tried LIQUID, Gingeritis, and even BAMF SoaB and went back to BAMF Forever. To me it is the most stable and everything just seems to work!
    Yup, except for the Gingeritis. So maybe I shouldn't even bother.Lol.
    10-12-2011 03:16 PM

Yes I did, didn't work. I also tried loading the new market, 3.2 I believe. For some reason with Forever it loaded like a regular APK file, but Liquid didn't. I know in thread it has you renaming it and all sort of stuff but with Forever I DLed apk, installed and thats it. Weird.
    10-12-2011 03:19 PM
    Everything working really smooth and snappy for me, except that "Cell Standby" takes up 40% of my battery usage.

Is this a radio issue? If it is, is there another radio I can flash to resolve it?
    10-12-2011 04:11 PM
    Everything working really smooth and snappy for me, except that "Cell Standby" takes up 40% of my battery usage.

Is this a radio issue? If it is, is there another radio I can flash to resolve it?
    Standard for aosp roms. It's not accurate so pay no attention

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
    10-12-2011 05:29 PM
    Does flash work for anyone in web browsers? I've tried 10.2, 10.3, and 11.
    No go in opera and dolphin....

10-12-2011 06:04 PM

flash 11 is working fine for me on opera. You have to turn on flash in opera though, not sure about dolphin. sorry im not much help.
    10-12-2011 06:27 PM
    ran Liquid a few weeks ago, then flashed the most recent CM7 (unofficial 10-2

anyone able to put forth a great argument to Liquid to make CM7'ers switch over from one AOSP to another?
    A lot of it is personal preference to be honest, the main differences are that this is semi themed, and he stripped out a bit more of the base than most ROMs do, and replaced it with his own stuff.

Its also based on the 2.3.7 GB base (I don't know what the current CM is at, I haven't used it in a while).

On top of that, the transitions are clean and fast, the battery life is very good, and the base apps are very stable. I have seen very few FCs.

Hopefully that is enough to get you started. Personally, I like the overall look of the ROM a lot, and the placement of functionality, as well as the easy flexibility options he gives you.
    10-12-2011 07:40 PM
    flash 11 is working fine for me on opera. You have to turn on flash in opera though, not sure about dolphin. sorry im not much help.
    Same here, I got flash working in Opera, haven't tried it in any of the other browsers at all.
    10-12-2011 07:42 PM
    does NFL Mobile work? Right now it looks like only BAMF Forever has that.
    Right now, NFL Mobile will only work on a sense based ROM. That is because no one has figured out how to run My Verizon on AOSP. This might change after the next Nexus phone comes out, because Verizon will likely want to offer it as an option. I'm only speculating of course, I don't really know how it would work.
    10-12-2011 07:45 PM
    How is the battery life?
    10-13-2011 12:19 AM

To get Flash working on the stock browser you need to do two things:

1) force stop the browser process 2) Remove all permissions for /data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/config.data

Might work for dolphin afterwards also.
    10-13-2011 01:51 AM
    How is the battery life?
    I've been getting great battery life with the stock tiamet kernel, easily a day a half for me. i'm not a heavy user though- most of the time on wi-fi, texts instead of calling, light browsing, not really a game player either. I was using kangbang with v2.6 which gave me even better battery life, but i'm gonna stick with tiamet for a couple more days and see how it does.
    10-13-2011 10:50 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD