10-25-2011 07:40 AM
26 12
tools
    So i just Flashed CM7 And I'm liking it so far. Now when i was on Bamf Forever 1.0.7 i downloaded Imo's Lean kernel 3.8.0 And overclocked To 1.4Ghz. Now Is there a Kernel like IMO's Or does that one also work on this Rom? Another thing What themes do you guys Recommend For CM7 ??
    10-14-2011 10:42 PM
    Search UpwardSpiral on the Market for some colored themes. Not sure about the kernel. I think I read somewhere that there was not a great selection of kernels to use with CM7.
    10-14-2011 10:54 PM
    Cm7 has a IMO lean kernel too if that answers your question
    10-14-2011 11:08 PM
    Cm7 has a IMO lean kernel too if that answers your question
    Yeah Also just found Imo's AOSP Lean Kernel Took a little Snooping around..
    10-14-2011 11:12 PM
    My new benchmark Not That it's important! Just sharing 8)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-14-2011 11:51 PM
    Imoseyon has a new version of his AOSP kernel (v 4.0.0) up on Rootzwiki.

Sent using Tapatalk
    10-15-2011 10:09 AM
    I just flashed this rom also and none of my music is showing up in the music app still on the sd card when I hook it up to the computer anyone have any idea how I can get my music to work thanks in advance for any help
    10-16-2011 12:29 AM
    How's your battery life?
    10-19-2011 05:34 PM
    I just flashed this rom also and none of my music is showing up in the music app still on the sd card when I hook it up to the computer anyone have any idea how I can get my music to work thanks in advance for any help
    I think you have to remove all your music, restart the app, and then put all your music back onto your phone and it should work. Its something like that I can't find the exact post that tells you how to do it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-21-2011 07:41 AM
    How's your battery life?
    It's great

sent from my CM7 Thunderbolt
    10-21-2011 01:46 PM
    OP,
    could you help me out, I am new to this and have been looking for CM7 for thunderbolt but every search says its not for the Thunderolt. I am on Bamf Forever 1.0.7 now and would love to try out CM7, could you post some links i can check out.
    from what i understand I need to flash cm7
    then flash the radios, what radios did you flash?
    and is there anything else that needs to be done?
    I look forward to your help, thanks
    10-21-2011 03:27 PM
    OP,
    could you help me out, I am new to this and have been looking for CM7 for thunderbolt but every search says its not for the Thunderolt. I am on Bamf Forever 1.0.7 now and would love to try out CM7, could you post some links i can check out.
    from what i understand I need to flash cm7
    then flash the radios, what radios did you flash?
    and is there anything else that needs to be done?
    I look forward to your help, thanks
    Try this link

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=392.

CM7 is not official on the Thunderbolt because they really only like to work with source code and HTC still hasn't posted the GB source code for the TB. Maybe the latest leak goes official and works so the source will go up. I think without that we have a snow balls chance in hell of devs getting ICS on the TB. So back on point, there are some mostly official CM7 builds out there.
    10-21-2011 09:32 PM
    I just rooted for the first time and flashed this rom last night. Works very nice on my 'bolt. I'm just exploring all the features still. I'm kinda curious on if it's possible to stream stuff from my computer to my phone with this rom though?
    10-22-2011 10:51 AM
    I just rooted for the first time and flashed this rom last night. Works very nice on my 'bolt. I'm just exploring all the features still. I'm kinda curious on if it's possible to stream stuff from my computer to my phone with this rom though?
    What are you looking to stream? There a several apps you could use to do it, it's not ROM dependent.
    10-24-2011 09:32 AM
    Mainly music, videos using all the major codecs and pictures.
    10-24-2011 07:44 PM
    So i just Flashed CM7 And I'm liking it so far. Now when i was on Bamf Forever 1.0.7 i downloaded Imo's Lean kernel 3.8.0 And overclocked To 1.4Ghz. Now Is there a Kernel like IMO's Or does that one also work on this Rom? Another thing What themes do you guys Recommend For CM7 ??
    sorry...noob here

so i'm running the Sense3.5 since last night, but due to it not reading my sd card 90% of the time, i want to switch n give CM7 a try,

are you saying that when you flashed CM7, the rom already has the "lean kernel" in it to overclock the TB to 1.4ghz?
    if it does, do you have to manually overclock to get to 1.4ghz?
    also, hows the battery life when you overclock it, that is if your texting, surfing the internet, etc, frequently
    10-24-2011 09:51 PM
    sorry...noob here

so i'm running the Sense3.5 since last night, but due to it not reading my sd card 90% of the time, i want to switch n give CM7 a try,

are you saying that when you flashed CM7, the rom already has the "lean kernel" in it to overclock the TB to 1.4ghz?
    if it does, do you have to manually overclock to get to 1.4ghz?
    also, hows the battery life when you overclock it, that is if your texting, surfing the internet, etc, frequently
    CM7 comes with its own kernel. LeanKernel is a popular alternative TBolt kernel with both Sense and AOSP versions. I find that without all the Sense stuff loaded on my TBolt it runs great without overclocking. My phone actually works well on LK's battsaver mode which undervolts the CPU quite a bit and helps quite a bit with battery life. All TBolts are different so your phone may not undervolt well.

Check out the LeanKernel AOSP thread on rootzwiki if you're interested.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Bushido90 likes this.
    10-24-2011 10:27 PM
    CM7 comes with it's own kernel. LeanKernel is a popular alternative TBolt kernel with both Sense and AOSP versions. I find that without all the Sense stuff loaded on my TBolt it runs great without overclocking. My phone actually works well on LK's battsaver mode which undervolts the CPU quite a bit and helps quite a bit with battery life. All TBolts are different so your phone may not undervolt well.

Check out the LeanKernel AOSP thread on rootwiki if you're interested.

Sent using Tapatalk
    interesting.....ok so in this case, not only for this but for future preferences, i flash the CM7 rom, and then i flash the LeanKernel after? or before?

i want to get all the info before i might actually try it...in a few minutes
    10-24-2011 10:38 PM
    interesting.....ok so in this case, not only for this but for future preferences, i flash the CM7 rom, and then i flash the LeanKernel after? or before?

i want to get all the info before i might actually try it...in a few minutes
    Flash CM7 first. I generally let CM7 boot up and set everything up and do a nandroid backup before flashing the kernel.

To flash the kernel, boot back into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik (no need to wipe data) then flash the kernel. After it reboots you can use the terminal to select various clock speed and voltage options.

Sent using Tapatalk
    10-24-2011 10:42 PM
    Flash CM7 first. I generally let CM7 boot up and set everything up and do a nandroid backup before flashing the kernel.

To flash the kernel, boot back into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik (no need to wipe data) then flash the kernel. After it reboots you can use the terminal to select various clock speed and voltage options.

Sent using Tapatalk
    thank you very much sir, you just made my...err um...my phone's day
    10-24-2011 10:45 PM
    thank you very much sir, you just made my...err um...my phone's day
    Good luck. Remember that with CM7 you need to download and flash Google Apps as well. As I recall the link is in the OP of this thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1296704

Sent using Tapatalk
    10-24-2011 10:47 PM
    oh crap...ok last question i swear, sorry for being new to this but i'm think i'm getting the hang of flashing rom,..
    sense 3.5 was my new flash...didn't like it, on to the CM7

now with the Google Apps...

heres what i think i should, correct me if i'm wrong,
    1. flash CM7
    2. flash Google Apps
    3. flash lean kernel

correct?
    10-24-2011 11:02 PM
    I flash cm 7.1.1, but now every time I go to use my phone it loads up the internet browser right away after going threw the lock screen

why does it do this?, how can i make it default to loaded the home screen?
    10-25-2011 01:06 AM
    Quick question... Do the cm based roms work with NFL Mobile? From what I have read only BAMF is working now. Man I hope the latest leak goes official and we get the gb source listed in AOSP.
    10-25-2011 06:56 AM
    oh crap...ok last question i swear, sorry for being new to this but i'm think i'm getting the hang of flashing rom,..
    sense 3.5 was my new flash...didn't like it, on to the CM7

now with the Google Apps...

heres what i think i should, correct me if i'm wrong,
    1. flash CM7
    2. flash Google Apps
    3. flash lean kernel

correct?
    Make a nandroid backup so you can revert to your Sense ROM if something doesn't work or you decide you prefer Sense.

Boot into recovery and do a full wipe (data, cache, and dalvik).

Flash CM7 and Google Apps in recovery and then boot up. Set everything up and do another nandroid backup so you can revert easily to CM7 with the stock kernel.

Boot back into recovery and flash the kernel. I suggest wiping cache and dalvik first.

Sent using Tapatalk
    10-25-2011 07:38 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD