Picking a Kernel?

anon(255332)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm running BAMF forever 1.07 on my Thunderbolt. I had the Stock GB OTA before that, so I haven't had to flash a radio or Kernel before. I'm fairly new to the whole root and ROM thing, so i'm not sure where to begin when it comes to choosing a Kernel, or if it is even worth it.

What's the best Kernel for BAMF?
What's the best one for Stock GB?
What's the advantage of picking a different one?

-Tm

Also worth mentioning I'm using Go Launcher (Sense annoys me), and I've changed my screen resolution to 215. I live in a great 4G area, except my office gets no 4G signal, so I use wifi a lot. and I'm looking for better battery life over amazing performance.

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Best kernel is a tough question. There are a few that are commonly used. Everyone will have their own personal opinion. If you haven't found it the running list of commonly installed kernels it's Here. I do not run Bamf so I can not give you a personal opinion regarding Bamf. I currently run Synergy which has Ziggy471s kernel baked into it.
Imoseyon's kernels are very popular and run very well.

Just curios, why did you choose Bamf if you hate sense? Why not get an AOSP Rom?

If you are pursuing greater battery life you, can achieve some more battery time with proper tweaks to whatever kernel you choose. There are some tutorials around the net on Overclocking and Undervolting.

swieder

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on Imoseyon 3.8Test which is working great. There is a new release out 4.01Test which I plan to try later this week.