Safe rom help

Ifixsharp

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I was able to successfully root my phone tonight. I hear they are trying to push an update. I still have the original OS. Is there a safe rom to use in " rom manager" that I can change to that will stop the update. I don't want to put anything on that is new or Bata type.

Help soon please...

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Plus one on BAMF! If you want 1.0.9 you will need to flash 1.0.8 first as 1.0.9 is only a patch. There are some issues with 1.0.9 they mostly have to do with the camera. If the camera is important to you. You may consider 1.0.7 The voice mail is fixed in it and it's a very good and stable ROM. Also if you're new to rooting it might be the best choice because you only have to flash once. HTH and welcome to the enlightened side.

Ifixsharp

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It says I need an Mr2 radio. where do I find what I have and where do you get new ones. I can find out how to install on YouTube I guess.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Its in Fatboys signature. Its also in the ROM guide under "radios". It says "latest radios". You need to flash two pg05img.zip one at a time. One for the CDMA radio and one for the LTE radio. Its the last set of radios in that link.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Plus one on BAMF! If you want 1.0.9 you will need to flash 1.0.8 first as 1.0.9 is only a patch. There are some issues with 1.0.9 they mostly have to do with the camera. If the camera is important to you. You may consider 1.0.7 The voice mail is fixed in it and it's a very good and stable ROM. Also if you're new to rooting it might be the best choice because you only have to flash once. HTH and welcome to the enlightened side.

The issue with the camera is that when you take a picture and then view it, it is messed up with a bunch of lines distorting the picture. The workaround is is to clear the DATA (Menu --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Then find camera and clear DATA.

TEAMBAMF also has a patch called "CAM_Bandaid" on their site you can download. I have been using BAMF Forever since 1.0.7 and upgrade every time. I have tried all the others (Including Forever Cube) and always come back to Forever!

Also, all of BAMF's ROM have the radios built in. You can download others on their site if you want!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Is this true that I can flash 1.0.7 rom and not have to screw with the radio??
Running the stock 2.2.1 android version

No it's NOT true... the Das BAMF ROMs DO NOT come with a Radio, no ROM that I know of comes with the Radio files, and I know for a fact BAMF Forever does not come with a Radio file.... you will need to flash a Radio, or two if they are LTE and CDMA radio separate like the ones in my signature link.

****EDIT: And besides... flashing a Radio has to be the Easiest thing to do when compared to flashing a ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifixsharp

Ifixsharp

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
went for it.

flashed bamf 1.0.7 with stock radio and all seems to be running well. I wanted to root for tethering and I guess that should do it for me if everything stay stable. Now I guess I don't have to worry about forced update...

G.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to flash a radio, I rooted from gb leak of 605.3 and flashed forever, and am currently running SoaB, I thought that as long as your base radio matched the Rom you did not have to flash a radio, am I wrong?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1