Gingeritis 3D 1.07 is out and awesome!!!!!

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm having two problems, hope you guys can help.

I don't seem to have Beats anywhere. I'll try to wipe then reinstall. The MS5 checked out so im assuming the file is ok.

More importantly, its not allowing me to switch the keyboard. I'm trying Swype and Swift X, both are there and I'm able to check the box but it only allows me to use the Stovk GB keyboard.

Any suggestions?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought. But I downloaded it 3 different times. Each new time i downloaded it, i deleted the old download first. I'm trying to do it through Dolphin HD but it goes through the whole download so i didn't think anything of it. Should i instead do it via the computer and move to my SD card?

I tried to download via cellphone... no luck. Did it by computer and moved to SD card. Works fine.

Psykonate

Mar 21, 2011
www.insidenathanshead.com
I love Gingeritis but my Facebook for htc sense can't seem to finish syncing. It updates my contacts up to the letter M then stops.
Anyone know how to fix that?

That's a new one to me. Maybe try syncing it a few times. Id also recommend rebooting into recovery, go to advanced, and the wipe dalvick, then go back a screen and reboot system.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Psykonate

Mar 21, 2011
On Beats, just reflash until it works. It's buggy ya but once working its fine.

As for the keyboard, I'm not sure. I will play with it some and get back to you

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if this the bug that some reported on previous roms.. The dialer is missing the End button when I am on a call...

The button still works but it just don't have a image in the spot where it should be.. Is there a solution or is this a new bug?

TztXevTb

Last edited:

Psykonate

Mar 21, 2011
nice rom, loaded it up yesterday got a couple of phone calls today and wasnt able to answer them because there was no answer button lol. i would of thought this was fixed by now

This seams to be a problem with any Tbolt ROM running Sense 3.0. My personal guess is there 2.1 that has to be used in order to make it work and they occasionally conflict causing the dialer to go to the in call screen rather than the answer screen. It affects some phones more than others. It's been minimal on mine and non existant on version 1.07 for me so far.

I do believe you can flash the 2.1 call screen instead and it fixes it. I'm not sure though because I've never tried it.

Reactions: panitsos

Psykonate

Mar 21, 2011
I'm having two problems, hope you guys can help.

I don't seem to have Beats anywhere. I'll try to wipe then reinstall. The MS5 checked out so im assuming the file is ok.

More importantly, its not allowing me to switch the keyboard. I'm trying Swype and Swift X, both are there and I'm able to check the box but it only allows me to use the Stovk GB keyboard.

Any suggestions?

Typing this from swiftkey. In case you maybe just missed a step, heres what i did.

1. Went to settings, language and keyboard, selected swiftkey, a message popped up about enabling it, hit ok, selected it again, same message, hit ok, it warned me about collecting info and i hit ok.

2. Opened up to type, held my finger in the message box and "input method" popped up, selected it and then checked swiftkey and back.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: ebrown126

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if this the bug that some reported on previous roms.. The dialer is missing the End button when I am on a call...

The button still works but it just don't have a image in the spot where it should be.. Is there a solution or is this a new bug?

Click to view quoted image

I think I just noticed a pattern, I have tried a number of Roms and recently only notice this on the deodex roms more.. maybe its the deodex process causing this..

Just something to consider..

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried it .......wasn't too thrilled with it .....went back to forever .......just not my cup of tea I guess

sent from my TBolt.....still better than an iPhone any day

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to give it an extended drive but my bottom button capacitive lights don't work on this ROM. When this bug gets fixed I'll try it again. Just couldn't get past that.

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Typing this from swiftkey. In case you maybe just missed a step, heres what i did.

1. Went to settings, language and keyboard, selected swiftkey, a message popped up about enabling it, hit ok, selected it again, same message, hit ok, it warned me about collecting info and i hit ok.

2. Opened up to type, held my finger in the message box and "input method" popped up, selected it and then checked swiftkey and back.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, the long press in step is the one that did it.

Antiseen

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to give it an extended drive but my bottom button capacitive lights don't work on this ROM. When this bug gets fixed I'll try it again. Just couldn't get past that.

They work, they turn off when you're in lighted conditions to conserve battery. Put your finger over the light sensor or go in a dark room and they'll turn on. Pretty nifty.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
nice rom, loaded it up yesterday got a couple of phone calls today and wasnt able to answer them because there was no answer button lol. i would of thought this was fixed by now

Thanks for the confirmation that this bug is still alive.

I just can jump from AOSP until that bug is out of all the 3.0 roms

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
installed this over the weekend. had some minor issues .. then had major rebooting issues.. had to battery pull to get into recovery then back to bamf. I did like the customized clock and batter options in the notification bar . .

Psykonate

Mar 21, 2011
installed this over the weekend. had some minor issues .. then had major rebooting issues.. had to battery pull to get into recovery then back to bamf. I did like the customized clock and batter options in the notification bar . .

The reboots are kernel related. The ROM comes with the new kernel and even the newest custom kernels from that build are struggling. Some phones more than others are effected and some have no problems.

I'd recommend trying again with an older kernel.

Don't be jealous, you can have Gingeritis 3D too!

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The reboots are kernel related. The ROM comes with the new kernel and even the newest custom kernels from that build are struggling. Some phones more than others are effected and some have no problems.

I'd recommend trying again with an older kernel.

Don't be jealous, you can have Gingeritis 3D too!

i havent really dove into switching kernels or radios or mods. its a shame bc i like the layout but just didnt want to go through too much to make it work.. i may try that cm7.. i want to see what a non sense rom is like.

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i saw it when i would play music through only the stock music player... using player pro i would not see the beats icon show up in the status bar.

Reactions: sloan31