I am currently running CM 7.1.0 RC 1.8 and I wanted to try out BAMF forever just to change it up.I backed up my current rom and downloaded BAMF. When I went to flash it continued to freeze up on he boot screen. I wiped the device at least three times tried it again, still didn't work. So I decided to flash a previous back up of BAMF remix. Still wouldn't work at all. So finally after playing around with it went back to CM 7. Did I forget a step or didn't do something right when flashing a new rom?
    10-28-2011 08:53 AM
    10-28-2011 08:59 AM
    check the MD5Sum of the new downloaded ROM before you flashed it?
    make sure there's no radio file on the root of your SD card?
    10-28-2011 09:02 AM
    Are you trying to flash and restore while using ROM Manager or are you booting into recovery? You could have a bad download and backup.
    10-28-2011 09:03 AM
    Are you trying to flash and restore while using ROM Manager or are you booting into recovery? You could have a bad download and backup.
    I tried to flash using rom manager, but I tried to flash a backup that I have used before but not it wont work. I flash the back up in recovery.
    10-28-2011 09:30 AM
    I tried to flash using rom manager, but I tried to flash a backup that I have used before but not it wont work. I flash the back up in recovery.
    Open ROM Manager... what version of ClockWorkMod Recovery is loaded on your device???
    10-28-2011 10:02 AM
    Open ROM Manager... what version of ClockWorkMod Recovery is loaded on your device???
    I have version V4.7.0.5 in rom manager.
    10-28-2011 11:41 AM
    I have version V4.7.0.5 in rom manager.
    Not the version of ROM Manager... what version of ClockworkMod Recovery??? It should say in the first block... something following "Current Recovery"
    10-28-2011 11:50 AM
    That says 5.0.2.0.
    10-28-2011 12:04 PM
    That says 5.0.2.0.
    The latest version is actually 5.0.2.1 for Recovery... so you might want to update that by clicking the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery selection.

Now, what version of BAMF Forever are you trying to flash??? Because 1.0.9 is just a PATCH, not a full ROM version... you would need to download 1.0.8, and 1.0.9 patch, then flash 1.0.8, and then flash 1.0.9, you can do both one after the other without booting up.

Also, like stated above you should be checking the MD5 Sum Code of each ROM before you attempt to install it on your device... you can do this by using a PC app called "winMd5Sum" that you can by Googling, install it on your PC and check the code against the MD5 Sum code on RootzWiki or TeamBAMF's web page where you downloaded the ROM.
    10-28-2011 12:35 PM
    I'm on 5.0.2.1, do you have an option (should be first option in rom manager) to flash a newer recovery? If not try clearing cache and data in rom manager in your application settings. If that doesn't work you could try removing rm and then downloading again from the market. You can also try flashing analternate recovery in rm which is the last option then try restore/flashing in recovery.
    10-28-2011 12:35 PM
    you always need to make sure that when you flash a rom you start back at the stock rooted rom then go to running a new rom and always do a factory reset to be safe
    11-21-2011 04:12 AM
    you always need to make sure that when you flash a rom you start back at the stock rooted rom then go to running a new rom and always do a factory reset to be safe
    There's no need to revert to stock when you flash a new ROM. Just make sure to do a full wipe before flashing.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-21-2011 07:42 AM
    I think we have a troll here going back to posts that are weeks old and spreading his lack of knowledge. Just MHO.
    11-21-2011 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD