BAMF email app?

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I went from stock to rooted stock to Gingersense to BAMF Forever to CM7 and I am back to a stock, debloated & de-odexed ROM, mainly because I just don't have time for my flashing addiction. :)

Question is, where can I find and flash the email version I found on BAMF Forever? I really liked the ability to start typing a name or email address and automatically search the Exchange Server, as opposed to the awkward, mult-step method I have to go through with stock. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm assuming that if I'm rooted, I can just download and flash through ROM manager or CWR....is this correct?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's that easy -- the email app may integrate into other parts of the OS (I'm not sure if it does).

Either way, why not just flash BAMF Forever? I understand the whole "not having time" thing (trust me!), but why not settle on a ROM such as BAMF, which is very stable and runs much better than the stock OS (my opinion). On top of that, you don't have to worry about being blind-sided by any Verizon updates. Just the fact alone that you prefer the email app included with that ROM makes it a sensible alternative to the stock ROM.

Again, just my 2?...nothing but personal opinion and preference.

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
So....I have a ROM backup of 1.07 and am currently running stock rooted because of the Gtalk camera issue. If I flash 1.08 so that I can have the 1.09 patch, I'm assuming this will wipe all of my data and I will have to reinstall. I can restore my ROM backup of 1.07, but knowing that I would have to reinstall everything with 1.08 leaves me reluctant. I'm assuming that I will have to wipe data in addition to dalvik and cache? What if I restore my 1.07, back up my apps and data with MyBackupPro, wipe with 1.08, restore my stuff with MyBackupPro, and then patch to 1.09?

Good lord. :p

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
So....I have a ROM backup of 1.07 and am currently running stock rooted because of the Gtalk camera issue. If I flash 1.08 so that I can have the 1.09 patch, I'm assuming this will wipe all of my data and I will have to reinstall. I can restore my ROM backup of 1.07, but knowing that I would have to reinstall everything with 1.08 leaves me reluctant. I'm assuming that I will have to wipe data in addition to dalvik and cache? What if I restore my 1.07, back up my apps and data with MyBackupPro, wipe with 1.08, restore my stuff with MyBackupPro, and then patch to 1.09?

Good lord. :p

Sounds like you're making too much work out of it...

What I'd do? Just backup what you have now with MyBackup, there is no reason to restore back to 1.0.7 to do that. You should only be backing up apps and NON-system data, so it's not like you have to be running the same "ROM family" to make the backup (If you see the guide in my signature, that's pretty much the method I use for backup each time -- and yes, I do still prefer Titanium for app backup and MyBackup for all other personal data). Especially since BAMF Forever is a Sense ROM, you should run into no problems backing up data from the stock ROM.

Second, download 1.0.8 and the 1.0.9 patch. Boot into CWR, wipe data, cache, dalvik, install 1.0.8 then the 1.0.9 patch. Reboot, login, sync apps, restore data.

Depending on just how many apps you have, should not take more than an hour at the very most....

Reactions: mrtonk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463