Ringtones messed up?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Using the procedure fatboy outlined they work fine and are now listed in phone as system ringtones. I am going to delete them from sdcard to be sure apps choose the system files.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Well fatboy97 I've moved 20 or so ringtones to the system/media/audio/ringtones folder on the phone and changed permissions to rw-r-r. I rebooted, reassigned, and changed the default ringtones. Also I renamed the ringtones folder on the SD cards to ingtones. I'll give it a couple of days to be sure it works and report back. Thanks!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I did the same but I've discovered something odd. Although all of the ringtone options show up from phone they do not all show up when I select a notifocation sound from an app.

Perhaps I need to put them in notifocation folder?

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
That would be my best guess. How are you liking cubed rec? I have a four day this weekend and am going to use my boot manager and load up some extra roms. Up to 5 then just a reboot goes to the next rom it just sounds fun doesn't it?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That would be my best guess. How are you liking cubed rec? I have a four day this weekend and am going to use my boot manager and load up some extra roms. Up to 5 then just a reboot goes to the next rom it just sounds fun doesn't it?

I like cubed a lot. I do wish I could shut off animations just for a break. (Every page flies in or spins in or flips in or something! Reminds me of the first time someone discovers animated effects in PowerPoint!) Don't want to get rid of them. Just wish there were an on and off switch. I would highly recommend trying cubed. It is a fun rom for sure.

Using boot manager it would be great to switch back and forth between a sense rom and aosp. Have you tried liquid gingerbread? I am intrigued by it. Looks more interesting than cm7.

Boot Manager sounds spectacular! I hope you don't mind being my beta tester? I read a little about it on the website but the bit about "you wont be able to restore a nandroid from recovery as uou normally would.... Scared me off. CWR is my safety blanket. I've been stuck a couple of times and it helped me escape. I worry what would happen when in this app if you get a bad install and are stuck at the white screen?

I hope you start a thread on boot manager because I don't want to hijack this thread. The ringtones bug gives people lots of problems. I found moving ringtones into the system cured it for me.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2