screwed up root

mjeffries

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I rooted using the Revolutionary method a few days ago, installed CM7. Today I wanted to try BAMF and using the download link provided by their forum, I installed what I thought was 1.0.9, but turns out that was just a patch. I also wanted to install the MR2 radio, so I downloaded that and put it on my SD card like the instructions said.

Now when I reboot, HBOOT doesn't like that MR2 radio zip file and asks me if I want to "update". I have not other options, just a yes or no. I've selected "Yes" several times but it doesn't fix anything. Selecting "No" doesn't help either.

So I can't use HBOOT to recover a backup I've made, and I can't load CM7 because I get stuck in the boot animation loop.

F M L

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling you're just reinstalling the same radio over and over and over again. Rule #1 of flashing radios - once it's flashed, get it off the SD Card root (the 0th rule being to always check MD5s). Since you still the radio zip on your card, HBOOT will keep booting and going, "Oh , there's a radio update! Let's do it!" If you choose No, it basically says, "Well, this. Since you don't want to update you might as well restart into normal Android."

I think what you're looking for is Recovery, such as ClockworkMod or Team Win. Let's see if you can get there, first.

Can you get into Recovery?

1. Delete the radio zip (PB05IMG.zip) off your SD Card root (so as HBOOT won't keep pinging off it)
2. Vol Down + Power to get into HBOOT. Go to recovery.
3. Wipe and flash whatever rom you want via CWM or w/e recovery you're using

I'd recommend a full wipe and reflash (data, cache, dalvik, etc) to make sure that the BAMF patch didn't mess with any of them. From there you should be able to restore your backup, flash BAMF or CM7 or whatever rom you want.

As a side note - don't you already have the MR2 radios in? CM7 has required them for quite some time. It also sounds like you didn't wipe anything before trying to install BAMF, seeing as you're bootlooping in CM7. That's a pretty crappy idea. Whenever you change roms, wipe it. An upgrade patch - certainly not, but a different rom? Always.

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjeffries

mjeffries

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Went to Best Buy and bought a reader so I could put my micro SD card in the computer and remove that file. Then I was able to restore a backup I made yesterday, things seem to be working fine now.

Thank you both, I appreciate it.

-n00b

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance