Im a noob and broke my phone. Please help.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You may need to flash a new radio depending on how long you've had your phone and what version of the stock software you were running when you rooted. Check on your phone and let us know.

Reactions: ompapamowmow

ompapamowmow

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had your TBolt? It's possible that your phone has an older radio version that does not work with your ROM. Check Settings/About Phone and see what it says about baseband version.

I got it when they came out but it has never updated. I was on software version 1.13.whatever before todays attempt. Under settings it says baseband version unknown.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
You definitely need to flash a new radio. When it says baseband unknown that means the radio is not compatible with your ROM. From what you describe, your phone's radios are not compatible with a GB ROM like Bamf Forever.

Let me see if I can find that thread with the radio files . . .

Sent using Tapatalk

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I flash them just like I did the bamf stuff?

No, you flash them through hboot. Be sure of what you're doing as flashing a radio is more hazardous than flashing a ROM and if something goes wrong it's possible to mess up your phone.

Edit: Link below to a thread with the radios and instructions for flashing (link courtesy of Fatboy97's signature). You will want to flash the two radio files from the 2.11.605.3 RUU. Be sure to verify the md5 checksum for your downloads to make sure the downloads are not corrupted.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1048128

ompapamowmow

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
ok I went into recovery and then tried to install zip from sd. Picked the still ziped imgo5 file. its started and then said installation aborted.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
ok I went into recovery and then tried to install zip from sd. Picked the still ziped imgo5 file. its started and then said installation aborted.

You don't flash radios through recovery. You copy the PG05IMG.ZIP file to the root directory of your SD Card and flash through hboot. I suggest taking some time to understand the process before proceeding as a bad radio flash can brick your phone. Take a look at the video that rcmarks suggested before trying again.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Just put the file on your SD card make sure its named PG05IMG that's pg zero five img Then push volume down and power at the same time and it will find the pg05img file and ask if you want to load it push volume up to load it. then reboot. after everything settles in power down and rename or move file into a folder on the SD card.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
ok so now I need to go back into recovery and make a backup right?

Hellz yes! Glad Notjustaphone and I could get you through this little mishap. If you have any other problems feel free to PM me. You might want to make a back up after you get everything setup the way you want it too. Then you will have something setup the way you like to fall back on.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
ok so now I need to go back into recovery and make a backup right?

Yes, make a backup. It's a good idea to always run a complete backup, especially before flashing a new ROM. This will let you revert back to your current setup when you flash new a ROM.

Sounds like you're getting service now?

Edit: Glad to see that you're up and running. And thanks to rcmarks for your helpful advice.

ompapamowmow

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
The only other question I would have is I seem to have about 150Mb less memory. After killing everything I used to have about 350 and now it shows 200 after killing everything. Does this rom just use more memory?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac