Im a noob and broke my phone. Please help.

ompapamowmow

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what I'm doing but I screwed up my phone so ill tell you exactly what I did. I rooted my phone with revolutionary. I worked great. I downloaded the bamf 1.0.9 file only, from their forum. I did not unzip. Placed it on the sd card. Turned my phone off. Held volume and power to get to hboot. Went to recovery. Install zip from sd. Picked the 1.0.9 file. Rebooted. My phone now shows the HTC logo on boot, then goes to the thunder animation, then back to HTC and over and over again. Please help me if you can. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have been away from home for a month and have another month to go. This is my only phone and I need it to talk to my kids so please help if you can. Thanks again.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
As I recall, Bamf 1.09 is an update to 1.08, rather than a standalone ROM. You have to flash 1.08 first then flash 1.09. If you only flashed 1.09 then that's why your phone doesn't work. All that should have been pretty clear from the post on the Team Bamf forums.

Good luck.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: ompapamowmow

ompapamowmow

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
That is great Thank you very much. They had so many people listed as following the post i didn't scroll any further down to see that others had posted to the same thread. Thanks again.

ompapamowmow

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Boot into recovery and flash your nandriod. Then install 1.0.8 then patch with 1.0.9

I know I am going to get heat for this but what is nandroid and where can I get it because I dont think I have it. I am sorry for being so ignorant about this stuff, I know there are a lot of posts like this :-[

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I know I am going to get heat for this but what is nandroid and where can I get it because I dont think I have it. I am sorry for being so ignorant about this stuff, I know there are a lot of posts like this :-[
I hope you made a back up of your ROM when you rooted the phone. The backup should be in your CWM (Clockwork Mod Recovery) Boot into recovery and go to backup and restore and pick one of your backups and reload it. Then load .8 and patch .9

ompapamowmow

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I did not. I followed a youtube tutorial and I just watched it again to be sure but there was nothing about a backup. I also went into the backup and restore section and it was empty.

ompapamowmow

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
No offense but I think you bricked your bolt

Sent via Tapatalk via Thunderbolt

No offense taken. If that's what I did then I did it. I should have done the research but I was told by a classmate it was easy and just follow this video so I did. I would love to get it working again obviously but If I broke it then I guess its just a lesson learned. All this to get rid of all those stupid programs they put on there that run constantly. sigh.....

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
can you boot into the boot loader?
EDIT if you looked for the restore then you can get into the bootloader. Just load your SD card into the computer and download Forever 1.0.8 put it on your SD card then put it back into your phone. Wipe as you did before flashing 1.0.9 and then load 1.0.8 then reload 1.0.9 and reboot

Last edited:

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Try turning it off pulling the Battery SD card and SIM card for 5 min and put them back in and reboot
What radio are you running?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
How long have you had your TBolt? It's possible that your phone has an older radio version that does not work with your ROM. Check Settings/About Phone and see what it says about baseband version.