MIUI brought to you by Vicious(11-17-2011) Fully Working Now!!

DroidVicious

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Finally the day has come where MIUI fully meets the HTC Thunderbolt!! This has been one hell of a journey for all of us and the day is finally here!!! Lord bless our devices with one of the hottest ROM's every made!!

1st I have to give insane props to the man the myth the legend "erishasnobattery" for nailing data on this build!! The guy pulled this off in 4 hours this morning while on conference calls at work!! To anyone and everyone much love needs to be shown to this man... I want to say obviously donating is never necessary but if you would like to show this man your appreciating please please do so at his donate link a little down the thread!!!!!

Now I know I have always promised the people who showed love to the project first cracks at the beta builds and I have tried to keep good on that promise, this is bigger then that..... This is something that everyone should be able to enjoy right off the bat! Now this doesn't mean that you will never get first cracks again, this means that every Friday when the weekly port is done and also the fixed MMS etc etc any bugs that need to be worked out. you guys will get it pushed out to you immediatly!!! Also keep an eye out as this is most likely going to go official with MIUI.us as I already spoke to Warttack!!!!

I'd also like to welcome to the team BassDjDroid who will be doing some fresh Vicious themes for MIUI!! What up pimp!! ;-) Follow BassDJ as the next post in this thread #2 later on tonight will become his theming section for Vicious-MIUI!!!!!

One more time just to clarify, for whom who have donated you guys will be receiving the BETA builds that are working unstable versions and you guys will let me know if they are releasable!!!

Vicious Presents:
With The Assistance Of Awesome People Like XoomDev Jamezelle Kaos Yarly Framework43 ErisHasNoBattery Imoseyon CyanogenMod7 & especially Slayher (Call Audio)

Vicious MIUI 1.11.17 Working SMS & DATA

Whats working:

Check it out, on 1st boot all of your apps may not show up after install, let the kernel settle for a minute and simply reboot the phone and then all of the apps will appear, this is a minor bug so please do not post about it and it will be fixed!!! Also these builds have only been tested on the latest Thunderbolt radio but should be fine with any radio that CM7 and OMGB use!!

Data 3G & 4G both are working (3G shows up as 3G and 4G may show up as just G for the moment lol)
Phone calls (Makes & Recieves)
Call audio (Now special thanks to Slayher for helping me get it going, and I believe last night I fixed/increased the volume cuz originally it was low for my standards)
Call audio through speaker phone (If anyone had a problem while testing I figured this out, or it may be that I broke it and then found the fix)
Voicemail Notifications
Bluetooth
Ambient Lights
Sensors
WiFi (Data only through WiFi for the time being as I work on it)
Camera (On snap makes a weird blur but pics come out perfect)
Video Record
Video Playback now with Imoseyon's kernel with the CM7 fix
Call Recording
GMail
GTalk
Google Voice
4 way reboot

Not working:
MMS
Extended Phone Settings in Dialer

~ Please do not link on other forums!!! ~
This has been worked on really hard......​

Videos:
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=elXuwNXmQEE

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=Z0NvWyJbhT0

Installation:

1: Download Rom
2: Download Aosp Kernel (Optional, but not necessary)
3: Wipe cache/data (http://rootzwiki.com...-with-1x-option)
4: Install from SD card as any other rom
5: Admire how beautiful it is!!!
6: Enable Wifi
7: Enable SU (Tap tools on Home Screen /Superuser/Settings/ and change the setting to enable root permissions)

Take this to all you non believers!!!
(11:21:09 PM) altimax98@gmail.com: o yeah D/QC-RIL ( 1488): LTE signal is available.
D/QC-RIL ( 1488): barlevel: cdma: 2, hdr: 0, lte: 1

If you're loving what I'm doing and want to support the cause which has been one hell of a project with many many hours put in to it well then here ya go!!!

Finally folks here it is, something to actually play with!!!

Downloads:

Stable Release (Based on the last release 1.11.4)
Sixth Release Stable 6 (Should fix 4G icon and a bunch of more cleaning up inside)
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Fifth Release Stable 5 (Please update to this)

Fourth Release Stable 4
Link Removed (Odd data issues)

Third Release Stable 3

Second Release Stable 2

Initial Release Stable 1 (Working Phone Data & SMS) (Current Release)

Beta Release 11-7 (Based on 1.11.4) (This is where you will find all the current fixes to some bugs that have been mentioned)
Second Release Beta 2 (Rebased the port again and should be the final base for the HTC Thunderbolt)

Beta Release 11-4 (Based on 1.10.28)
Initial Release Beta 1 (ROM)

Alpha Releases
Apha Release 10-28
Second Release Alpha 2 (ROM)

Alpha Release 10-7
Initial Release Alpha 1 (ROM)

Super Alpha Releases
Sixth Release SuperAlpha 7 (ROM)

Fifth Release SuperAlpha 6 (ROM)

Fourth Release SuperAlpha 5 (ROM)

Third Release SuperAlpha 4 (ROM)

Second Release SuperAlpha 3 (ROM)

Initial Release SuperAlpha 2 (ROM)
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (Edited and updated link to Multiupload)

Come and chat with us if you would like!!! This is kinda sorta the development channel for MIUI HTC Mecha aka HTC Thunderbolt
Webchat chat.andirc.net #Vicious-MIUI or for the chat client irc.andirc.net #Vicious-MIUI

Last edited:

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unoffical MIUI brought to you by Vicious(11-8-2011) Fully Wor

I can't wait to give this a ride. I've got the afternoon off and now I know how I'm going to fill it. Anybody have a good 3rd party mms they would recommend?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to give this a ride. I've got the afternoon off and now I know how I'm going to fill it. Anybody have a good 3rd party mms they would recommend?

Go SMS is a good third party SMS/MMS app.

May give this a whirl when I have some time.

Sent using Tapatalk

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

I am thinking the app you use wont make any difference on whether or not mms is working. It is just a user interface from what I understand. I could be wrong but hopefully someone might be able to confirm or deny.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

I have been using GoSMS which also does MMS. Since using it, I have uninstalled Handcent.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Thanks for posting, I'll flash later today it's been awhile since I have used MIUI (Dinc days)

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

wow there is a lot going on in that post...
what does this mean: WiFi (Data only through WiFi for the time being as I work on it)

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

wow there is a lot going on in that post...
what does this mean: WiFi (Data only through WiFi for the time being as I work on it)

No everything works. The only issue is MMS not working. I tried Handcent on it and it didn't work for me.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I am running a ziggy sense kernel. Will this still work?

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

No everything works. The only issue is MMS not working. I tried Handcent on it and it didn't work for me.

ok so the OP reads "fully working" then the data only over wifi leads me to believe that 3 and 4g cant handle any data. and now you are saying that mms doesnt even work under a 3rd party app? im confused.. guess ill let this one breathe.

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I have installed this. I was previously running the latest CM7 with imoseyon's latest AOSP kernel and the latest CDMA/LTE radios.

So far, it's blowing my mind. I had seen screenshots, but I'm loving the design of this now that it's actually on my phone. So far it's quite a paradigm shift to adjust to after being on Sense for several months and then the last month of CM7. I haven't dug into it too much, but so far here are my thoughts:

- 3G connection is solid (I don't live in an LTE area) although my speedtest.net scores are a bit low compared to CM7 (overall download speed from the market seems to be the same, and I know speedtest apps will vary wildly). 3G logo is showing as just "G." *edit: I got out of my work building and my speedtest result on 3G was near 2 Mbps, highest I've seen in a long time. Again, who knows what that actually means, but I have no reason to doubt the 3G connection on this ROM whereas with other ROMs 3G has seemed slower.
- GPS lock was very fast.
- NFL Mobile and MyVerizon do not work (same error as CM7).
- Flash works.
- As stated in the release post, there's definitely no MMS, be it stock app or through gosms.
- Camera definitely leaves a weird glitch when you snap a photo like OP stated, but it's not part of the actual photo.

While I still have to play with it for a few days, check things like battery life and stability and what not, this could wind up being a daily driver.

Last edited:

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

So far I like it. I didn't like the stock launcher (too much like iOS) so I swapped it for GO Launcher. It actually took me about 5 minutes looking for my app drawer before I realized it was fully paginated like the iPhone. That's really what pushed me to a 3rd party launcher.
The overall UI is really cool, though. Navigating through the settings and menus takes some relearning, but in a good way. It also reminds me of Ubuntu, which is nice.
have yet to be sent any MMS, but if it doesn't work then that is a real concern. I guess we shall see.
I can't really judge battery life yet, since I have used it a bit more than normal today, but I woke up at 8 (7 hours ago) and I'm at 61% right now.
My speed tests all over the place, but 4G has been a joke in my area lately, so I don't know who to blame. I can't find where to change between 3G/4G though, I'm a little confused.

All in all, I think I like it. I'll probably hang out on this ROM for a little while.

Reactions: Jux

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

So far I like it. I didn't like the stock launcher (too much like iOS) so I swapped it for GO Launcher.

did you try using a theme? I got the simpsons theme on it so far and it looks awesome. I dunno, I think the stock launcher would be the main reason you'd even get miui, if you replace it, you might as well be on cm7 imo.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

I've been on it for a couple hours getting things set up. I didn't see a mention of having to install gapps, but that's what I'm doing right now. I'm coming from cm7, did a full wipe and installed, everything went smooth. I like the rom, it's something fresh for the bolt. I like what I've seen of the interface. Wi fi is working good, I see "g" which is just 3g, speed test of 2-3 mbps down. I'm in a strong 4g area and haven't hit 4g yet.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

speed test doesn't confirm that, I'm usually around 15 mbps down on 4g

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

I just hit 5 mbps on a speed test, never got that high on 3g before. I just read there may be a slow 4g speed fix, i'm going to look into that.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

I just hit 5 mbps on a speed test, never got that high on 3g before.

Lol. That would be because it's impossible on Verizon 3G. :p 2-3Mbps would be getting close to the max.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol