MIUI brought to you by Vicious(11-17-2011) Fully Working Now!!

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unoffical MIUI brought to you by Vicious(11-8-2011) Fully Wor

nice looking rom its different than the rest, only thing is it doesnt look the same as the one in the pics, and i dont see the beats audio anywhere on it.

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

G is 4G if I'm not mistaken

I'm 20 miles away from the closest LTE area and have never gotten 4G where I am - but it displays "G" when I'm on 3G. Haven't traveled out of town yet so I can't confirm if it stays that way in a 4G area.

Perhaps it simply displays "G" for both?

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

Okay so I love the Interface here, I am missing my app drawer though. I liked a place where I could go view everything alphabetically. Not sure I like having to scroll thru 7 pages of apps going back and forth trying to remember where I put an app. The pull down toggle is awesome, I like the settings ui. I haven't found any cpu performance built in like cm7, not really a big deal for me. My bookmarks didn't transfer over using mybackup pro :( Widgets are working good. 4G has been solid, but I'm seeing slower speeds than normal.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

tried it & loved it
then hated not having an app drawer, no widget ability, and inability to remove system apps from home screen.
solution=
3rd party launcher, 3rd party launcher, 3rd party launcher (or a folder)
but really. like it's been said--at that point i might as well just be on another ROM.

it was a nice ROM & ran smooth--and i loved the notification bar. but i couldn't get past the lack of app drawer. supposedly there's an Alt Launcher that works well with MIUI to give just an app drawer & not replace anything else.

update: tried the launcher listed below, had some fun with widgets (thought it was just app selection) and now i'm actually liking this ROM. need to test out Navigation to see if it has the same AOSP curse as CM7 but i'm hoping it's quick fix!

Last edited:

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

Agree 100%, very smooth and stylish ROM. Ton's of themes to choose from. You can add widgets to the home screen, just long press and the widgets will show up at the bottom and allow you to place them onto the home screen. Not having an app drawer goes along with this rom, but I just couldn't get pass having 7 pages of apps to scroll thru with no common organization.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

I hated having all my apps on the front pages too so I just created a folder and shoved all the apps into it. works just like an app drawer

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
For all who say you may as well be on CM7 if you install a different launcher, I completely disagree. It's so much more than just the notification bar. The menus are all different, from settings to pop ups. I have a theme on now (NeonBT) and this feels like a whole new phone. Still feeling out the battery life, but if it's good I my have finally found a ROM to settle on.

Of course, this is all a matter of opinion, and I respect you if you disagree, but I'm in love :)

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

screenshot011.png

I'm liking it so far. But my problem is that is there any way to change that big clock in the middle from 24 hour to 12 hour? (Right now, it's displaying fine but wait till it gets to 1:00. It will show 13:00 instead). :(
Other than that, it's all good.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

I'm liking it so far. But my problem is that is there any way to change that big clock in the middle from 24 hour to 12 hour? (Right now, it's displaying fine but wait till it gets to 1:00. It will show 13:00 instead). :(

have you tried changing the 24 hour format setting? perhaps it's switched on

home screen>menu>settings>date & time> 24 hour format>OFF

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

If you're talking about the mclock widget. You'll have to change the xml file. I think its something like 12hour=false or something like that. But the answer is to modify the xml file

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

so, is this AOSP ROM cursed with poor satellite lock just like CM7?

love the ROM, hate the constant "searching for GPS" for 15 minutes, standing outside & never getting a lock-on.

am i gonna have to flash the Sense Rom GPS trick or location.apk thing---or does someone know a much simpler method?

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

mine has been locking pretty instantly, so haven't seen much of a problem with the gps yet.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

If you're talking about the mclock widget. You'll have to change the xml file. I think its something like 12hour=false or something like that. But the answer is to modify the xml file

Sorry but where can I find and modify that widget?

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Sorry but where can I find and modify that widget?

it should be in /sdcard/mclock/"name of skin theme" there might be several files if there is optional colors. I've been able to open xml files on my Mac with TextEdit, I've never tried opening it on phone so I'm not sure.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

it should be in /sdcard/mclock/"name of skin theme" there might be several files if there is optional colors. I've been able to open xml files on my Mac with TextEdit, I've never tried opening it on phone so I'm not sure.

I still couldn't find that xml file that you're talking about. That's ok, man. I gave up. I already deleted it and put something else instead. Thanx anyways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar