12-21-2011 08:54 PM
180 12345 ...
tools
    How is Beats audio included in this? Isn't that hardware related?

This looks really good nonetheless. May have to ditch my beloved Forever and give this a try

Im loving the Beats and u can tell when its on cuz the music is alot more defined. But once the reviews come out on the Rezound Im still getting in. I got afew more weeks til my upgrade
    11-15-2011 11:29 PM
    Just posting a couple of quick things I noticed in my "preview" flash (Sorry if they've bee mentioned, but no time to read everything D:

- Feels extremely smooth. I like the looks and feel a lot, honestly.
    - No on Screen Keyboard. (somewhat major for me, actually but no a deal breaker by any means).
    - No Facebook for HTC Sense.

Just thought I'd throw them out there. Overall though, it seemed incredible!

- Sadly, didn't get to try out Beats... Completely forgot about it in the 5ish minutes I had the ROM loaded up lol. Stupid! >.<
    11-16-2011 12:02 AM
    Just posting a couple of quick things I noticed in my "preview" flash (Sorry if they've bee mentioned, but no time to read everything D:

- Feels extremely smooth. I like the looks and feel a lot, honestly.
    - No on Screen Keyboard. (somewhat major for me, actually but no a deal breaker by any means).

Just thought I'd throw them out there. Overall though, it seemed incredible!

- Sadly, didn't get to try out Beats... Completely forgot about it in the 5ish minutes I had the ROM loaded up lol. Stupid! >.<

Eh? Please provide more info. I had no issues with the stock keyboard nor SwiftkeyX which I use exclusively.

Its tied into Friendstream now. Not to mention theres a full on facebook app on the phone. Working as intended.

Beats:
    11-16-2011 02:21 AM
    Only problem I have with this rom is that I dont have that great of download speeds. Max I have had on a 4g speedtest is 4mb down
    11-16-2011 11:03 AM
    Only problem I have with this rom is that I dont have that great of download speeds. Max I have had on a 4g speedtest is 4mb down
    I agree mine was 5down and 5up which in the St Louis area I was in I normally got 17down and close to 10up
    11-16-2011 11:21 AM
    i would love to know how every ones battery life is.. im on forever and its sucking it downn, alos if anyone uses skype is the cam right side up?? thankss
    11-16-2011 12:12 PM
    i would love to know how every ones battery life is.. im on forever and its sucking it downn, alos if anyone uses skype is the cam right side up?? thankss
    Battery life with heavy use from 630am-1pm Im at 93% with the HTC 2750mah with everything syncing every hour and battery on performance mode. Screen brightness auto, screen timeout 30 second, in and out of 4g area all day. I tried the FFC last night over google talk and yahoo messenger and I could see the person but they only seen lines on my end. But so far that and the 4g speed being slow are my only 2 issues. But overall its a very good ROM. Im new to all this so somebody with more experience could probably point out more or explain how to fix those issues mentioned.
    11-16-2011 01:37 PM
    Comment 11 by DeViOuS...@gmail.com, Nov 14 (47 hours ago)

Ok, just wanted to chime in on this yet again. I have done tests with BOTH the speedtest.net app, and by using the above provided link to speakeasy.net/speedtest. Theres something wrong with how one of those places is measuring speeds. I did alternating tests of both and was getting the same numbers as posted above, in BOTH accounts.

Speedtest app: Averaged about 6mb, with a high of 12mb download. Upload was a consistent 6+

Speakeasy.net/speedtest : Gave me 18-24 mb download and 11-21 upload.

Now, like I said, I alternated the tests, I didnt do five straight speedtest and speakeasy runs in a row and switch, I gave them each a thirty second "Cool down" period as well. I also have yet to see any slowdown in how fast things load when it all comes from the web, my downloads are still just as fast, and Ive not had any issues.

906 radio.
    11-16-2011 02:03 PM

Eh? Please provide more info. I had no issues with the stock keyboard nor SwiftkeyX which I use exclusively.
    Oh my gosh, I just completely typed the wrong words for this. I meant to say that there were no arrows on the on-screen keyboard. No on-screen keyboard would be more than a deal-breaker, lmao.

Its tied into Friendstream now. Not to mention theres a full on facebook app on the phone. Working as intended.
    This isn't even a big deal. I just like the HTC Sense one better for Syncing.
    11-16-2011 03:14 PM
    Oh my gosh, I just completely typed the wrong words for this. I meant to say that there were no arrows on the on-screen keyboard. No on-screen keyboard would be more than a deal-breaker, lmao.

This isn't even a big deal. I just like the HTC Sense one better for Syncing.
    Oh, that. Yeah, thats working as intended. It's the ime keyboard. You should be able to turn that option in they keyboard setting if I remember correctly. I hate those arrows so i ha en them turned off in SwiftKey. If you haven't tried SwiftKey yet, I would recommend it.

Check it out at http://skx.me

Sent from my rooted, Dark Horse(hopefully soon) INFECTED Eternity bolt running Ziggys latest.
    11-16-2011 03:24 PM
    Oh, that. Yeah, thats working as intended. It's the ime keyboard. You should be able to turn that option in they keyboard setting if I remember correctly. I hate those arrows so i ha en them turned off in SwiftKey. If you haven't tried SwiftKey yet, I would recommend it.

Check it out at SwiftKey X - The world's first 'Social AI' keyboard

Sent from my rooted, Dark Horse(hopefully soon) INFECTED Eternity bolt running Ziggys latest.
    I'm at school between classes right now and just started to reflash it. So if anything comes up in a more thorough use, I'll let you know. Good to know those weren't mistakes or bugs though.
    11-16-2011 04:08 PM
    How has everyone been with battery life? Just installed it so I am curious with what to expect...
    11-16-2011 05:05 PM
    Only issue I'm finding now is that DSP Manager is constantly force closing itself once I try to mess with the equalizer. In order for the Force Closing to stop I have to clear all app data from Settings>Applications. Then if I try to touch the Equalizer again, the force closing happens again.

Now the obvious fix for me is that I won't touch the Equalizer through that app, but just letting you know.

Oh, and I still can't get the arrows back on to the stock keyboard for the life of me! I love the stock keyboard, but I'll just have to find something else (tried Swiftkey X, not a fan).

Everything else is seriously amazing though. This is the best Sense ROM I've used so far, man!

Edit: Also, Beats is Disable-able, but can't be reenabled unless I completely kill the Music app and restart it. Found this because I was trying to toggle between and be amazed at the sound difference (Which I am <33)
    11-16-2011 10:32 PM
    Only issue I'm finding now is that DSP Manager is constantly force closing itself once I try to mess with the equalizer. In order for the Force Closing to stop I have to clear all app data from Settings>Applications. Then if I try to touch the Equalizer again, the force closing happens again.

Now the obvious fix for me is that I won't touch the Equalizer through that app, but just letting you know.

Oh, and I still can't get the arrows back on to the stock keyboard for the life of me! I love the stock keyboard, but I'll just have to find something else (tried Swiftkey X, not a fan).

Everything else is seriously amazing though. This is the best Sense ROM I've used so far, man!

Edit: Also, Beats is Disable-able, but can't be reenabled unless I completely kill the Music app and restart it. Found this because I was trying to toggle between and be amazed at the sound difference (Which I am <33)
    DSP has been fixed. I use it daily. I've never had an issue with it though.

SwiftKey takes some getting used to and you'll want to fix your settings to suit you. I've tried going back to the other keyboards, but skx works too well to let go. Also, I've heard the arrowed keyboard has been removed till issues with it can be worked out.

Oh, you can't use beats and dsp at the same time. Beats will take over and dsp will fc.

11-17-2011 02:12 AM
    DSP has been fixed. I use it daily. I've never had an issue with it though.

SwiftKey takes some getting used to and you'll want to fix your settings to suit you. I've tried going back to the other keyboards, but skx works too well to let go. Also, I've heard the arrowed keyboard has been removed till issues with it can be worked out.

Oh, you can't use beats and dsp at the same time. Beats will take over and dsp will fc.

I'm having the DSP Force Close issue anytime I mess with the Eq. at all - whether beats/music is active or not. I can turn the equalizer on fine, but if I try to select a preset or even touch the eq. box at all it force closes and I need to go and wipe app data for it to work correctly again otherwise it reminds me every 15-20 seconds that it's stopped unexpectedly. Like I said before, I can live without that, but I'm just passing along what's happening to me. It's not a big deal at all though.

Is there anywhere I can Re-DL just that app and see if that fixes the issue? I already noticed it wasn't on the Market. :P

As for the keyboard "problem," I'll just have to manage with what's available. No big deal.
    11-17-2011 02:25 AM
    Has anyone notice that Opera Mobile will not run on this rom? Does anyone have a solution to resolve this?
    11-17-2011 02:59 AM
    I'm having the DSP Force Close issue anytime I mess with the Eq. at all - whether beats/music is active or not. I can turn the equalizer on fine, but if I try to select a preset or even touch the eq. box at all it force closes and I need to go and wipe app data for it to work correctly again otherwise it reminds me every 15-20 seconds that it's stopped unexpectedly. Like I said before, I can live without that, but I'm just passing along what's happening to me. It's not a big deal at all though.

Is there anywhere I can Re-DL just that app and see if that fixes the issue? I already noticed it wasn't on the Market. :P

As for the keyboard "problem," I'll just have to manage with what's available. No big deal.
    Hmm. Thats interesting. Honestly, if you're on a dirty flash, that in itself will be the issue? There was a build that had a jacked up dsp, and if you dirty flashed or restored old data from it, that could be your issue.

If your issue still persists, i might run a permissions fix in recovery, or grab a version of it from when it was working for me out of a rom. From there if just swap in root explorer and reboot.

11-17-2011 03:04 AM
    Has anyone notice that Opera Mobile will not run on this rom? Does anyone have a solution to resolve this?
    Well, according to their reviews, it's a widespread issue and not isolated on this rom. With that said however, I ran it the other day for a bit and uninstalled in favor of Firefox and xscope pro.

11-17-2011 03:06 AM
    Just installed and everything seems to be working right. :-)
    Anyone know how I can get larger font? It's a bit small. I would love to have the new Roboto font.
    11-17-2011 04:38 AM
    Just installed and everything seems to be working right. :-)
    Anyone know how I can get larger font? It's a bit small. I would love to have the new Roboto font.
    You can add the roboto font. Try a search over on xda there are a few of the guys in the Infected thread that installed it successfully.
    dragonsamus likes this.
    11-17-2011 06:45 AM
    So far so good... weird problem though wifi will drop and then reconnect every 10 minutes or so? Problem with my radio or this rom? I haven't had issues with it before...
    11-17-2011 08:22 AM
    Well, according to their reviews, it's a widespread issue and not isolated on this rom. With that said however, I ran it the other day for a bit and uninstalled in favor of Firefox and xscope pro.

Everything else is working well, I can run Opera Mini but the mobile version closes as soon as it is opened with no errors... I was wondering if the kernal could be issue but dont know which is safe to try..

Oh and I notice the signal isnt as strong as other roms, I have tried every radio with no luck on improving signal strength but its useable for now...
    11-17-2011 09:25 AM
    Everything else is working well, I can run Opera Mini but the mobile version closes as soon as it is opened with no errors... I was wondering if the kernal could be issue but dont know which is safe to try..

Oh and I notice the signal isnt as strong as other roms, I have tried every radio with no luck on improving signal strength but its useable for now...
    From what I can tell, all of our little issues (Opera, WiFi/signal, DSP) are isolated to our own phones.

I'm sure mine is an app issue, so I'm gonna try and fix that by reinstalling it.

Did you try manually installing Opera? Dl it to your computer and then xfer it to your phone and install? Kind of a long shot, but probably worth the time.

WiFi and signal issues I haven't noticed. I'm still on MR2.0 (I believe, it's been so long since I flashed it now...) and haven't had those problems.
    11-17-2011 10:58 AM

Ziggys kernels or Imo are the 2 kernels that people have had work fine.
    11-17-2011 11:28 AM
    So far so good... weird problem though wifi will drop and then reconnect every 10 minutes or so? Problem with my radio or this rom? I haven't had issues with it before...
    Do this. Hit the menu button, go to settings, click wireless and networks, go into the wifi settings, hit menu again, click advanced, set to performance and change the drop time to never or never while plugged in.

As far as the signal goes, it's still on a 4 bar scale. The back end needs to be fixed for it to show on a 6 bar scale.

11-17-2011 12:13 PM
180 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD