Gingeritis 3D 1.0 Issues

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but I have a couple of issues and there might be fixes for it...

First, my phone seems to reboot itself a couple times a week for no reason at all. I rooted from the original HTC Thunberbolt OS. There is also a problem with the speaker phone that I didn't have under the original OS.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for these?

Also, what other stable ROMs are available? I've been reading about CM7 RC2 but see there is a bug with Google Apps. I downloaded the ROM but haven't loaded it yet. Also have the GAPPS fix too.

What suggestions does anyone have for a fairly new beginner to rooting and installing ROMs?

Thanks.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
First... are you actually still running v1.0? The latest version released is 1.07. I'd think if you liked the ROM you might think about loading the latest version.

Going from a Sense ROM to an AOSP ROM is usually not a great choice.... but CM7.1.1 is a very stable version... and if you load the latest GAPPS file you should not have any issues with any Google Apps... but if you want to stay with a good Sense ROM you should consider BAMF Forever 1.0.9. Forever is a great and very stable Sense ROM... the only issue is you have to load 1.0.8 first, then load the 1.0.9 patch, but you can do that without leaving Recovery, first flash 1.0.8, then after that is loaded, then load the 1.0.9 patch and then boot up.

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the information. I've been reading information that it's necessary to clear cache before doing any ROM changes.. I have the free version of ROM Manager. Do I need to do that, and how step by step do I go about doing that? I have Gingeritis 3D, I think it is 1.7... I just hate that my phone reboots by itself for no reason... If there is a fix for that, I'll go for that instead. I pretty well like this particular ROM (It's a MikMik ROM)

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading that there are some down sides to using BAMF Forever or one of the other BAMF ROMS. I really having had any problems with the Gingeritis Rom and like I said, I do like it. I've been pretty happy with it. I just hate the reboots.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Down sides... interesting... you should try some of these ROMs.... if you wait for every little thing to be fixed you will wait a while, but they will come out much quicker than if you were waiting for VZW to give it to you. :D

The link in my signature "[TBolt] How to for ROMs" is a link to the sticky thread at the top of the ROM Forum... it is THE way to install ROMs. The only thing you need ROM Manager app for is to flash the latest version of Recovery... make sure you did load the latest version... you will find that at the top of that sticky thread... and the free version of ROM Manager is just fine.

ROM choices are totally up to you... so again, if you like Gingeritis 3D then stay with it... if you think they actually have all of their bugs fixed.

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information and the advice. You mention having the latest version of Recovery.. Where do I get that and what is it? I have the latest update from ROM Manager... should that be enough? I'm sorry to be asking dumb questions, but I'm still very much a novice at this.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the information. I've been reading information that it's necessary to clear cache before doing any ROM changes.. I have the free version of ROM Manager. Do I need to do that, and how step by step do I go about doing that? I have Gingeritis 3D, I think it is 1.7... I just hate that my phone reboots by itself for no reason... If there is a fix for that, I'll go for that instead. I pretty well like this particular ROM (It's a MikMik ROM)

In response to the highlighted text... yes, you need to Wipe cache, but that is nothing... you also have to Wipe Data and also Wipe Dalvik cache... like I said, please read the sticky thread I pointed out above. You might want to use either Titanium backup or an app called MyBackup Root to backup some of your personal data, but remember not to back up system data, because this will just cause you problems if you restore in a different ROM.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The other thing is, the free version of ROM Manager won't let me download most ROMs.

And you usually will not be able to download any good ROMs using the premium version... I have it and it's really not worth it... I download almost exclusively from my PC because you can't download most good ROMs like Das BAMF ROMs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon