Think I screwed something up.

drummerj80

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
This is gonna be long so I apologize. I was flashing Liquid's rom to my Bolt. Did all my normal backing up, but when I went to access MyBackup to restore everything, I couldn't find the most recent file. So I booted into recovery from and did all the normal stuff and decided to go back to my nandroid for G3D. From the restore I chose restore system and have been stuck in the bootscreen for about 5 minutes.:'( I don't want to do anything more to harm where I am at, so I'm looking for help. Do I do a battery pull and boot into recovery from power/volume down? I'm not afraid I bricked the phone, but just concerned. Thanks in advance AC community. You are all the best!! No way will I leave android!!

drummerj80

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
All is good again.:D If I use backup assistant for my contacts (non-google), how do I restore them with a de-sensed rom? I really want to try an AOSP rom. Do I use Titanium or MyBackup? Both to be safe? I like the aosp interface for some reason and want to give it a whirl.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
All is good again.:D If I use backup assistant for my contacts (non-google), how do I restore them with a de-sensed rom? I really want to try an AOSP rom. Do I use Titanium or MyBackup? Both to be safe? I like the aosp interface for some reason and want to give it a whirl.

I store all my contacts in Gmail... but I'd say both should be safe to use to backup your contacts... just be sure to make a good backup using Recovery before you start so you have a good place to go back to... just in case.

drummerj80

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I store all my contacts in Gmail... but I'd say both should be safe to use to backup your contacts... just be sure to make a good backup using Recovery before you start so you have a good place to go back to... just in case.

One last noob question. I've read about it being stored in gmail. How do you do that? Do you have to go into gmail from a pc or can you do it through the phone? Thanks for all the help fatboy! You seem very patient with the rookies on here!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
One last noob question. I've read about it being stored in gmail. How do you do that? Do you have to go into gmail from a pc or can you do it through the phone? Thanks for all the help fatboy! You seem very patient with the rookies on here!

Initially I setup all my contacts on my Gmail account using my PC. I have not been able to find a way of moving them using my phone... but if you have a copy of your contacts on your PC, then you could export them as a CSV file which can be imported into Gmail or most any other contacts app.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: drummerj80

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton