Having a Problem

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a problem loading up a new ROM. I've been on Bamf and Gingeritis switching often with no real problems.

I decided go with an ASOP, CM7 or Liquid Smooth Roms.

Now I did everything as usual. Backed up with Ti, created a Nandroid, Wiped user data, cache, and dalvik 3x.

Everything looks ok when I install from zip, but when I reboot, I can't get past the HTC splash screen. I had to battery pull then reboot in recover to restore.

I thought maybe it was CM7 link because it when I installed it from the sd card it do anything fancy like the other roms do, but I tried Liquid Smooth today and it looked good but again I couldnt get past the splash screen.

Did I miss something? Does it take longer for these ROMs to load? I'm starting to worry I messed something up along the way.

Thanks for you help!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Double check the MD5 Sum code of the ROM files before you attempt to install. Second, CM7 requires you also load the GAPPS file if you want that ROM... it's included in the Liquid Smooth ROM. It does take a little time to get past the HTC splash screen, but if it doesn't work the first time, try it again right after you go into Recovery after a battery pull.

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Both of the MD5's for each ROM matched up perfectly. CM7 was odd though. It didn't really do anything. It just said "file updated." I was afraid I downloaded a patch but I checked a few different links and they were teh same.

Does the GAPPS need to be loaded first? Should I install CM7 then while still in recovery, install GAPPS then reboot or reboot after each load?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Both of the MD5's for each ROM matched up perfectly. CM7 was odd though. It didn't really do anything. It just said "file updated." I was afraid I downloaded a patch but I checked a few different links and they were teh same.

Does the GAPPS need to be loaded first? Should I install CM7 then while still in recovery, install GAPPS then reboot or reboot after each load?

You can load the GAPPS file after, but even if you forget to flash it the ROM should still come up.

I did not ask... what version of each ROM where you trying to install??? CM7 is up to 7.1.1, and Liquid Smooth is up to version 3.2.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
And also... Liquid Smooth has a lot of different devices on their page... are you sure you downloaded the Thunderbolt version??? I had to ask!!!

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
And also... Liquid Smooth has a lot of different devices on their page... are you sure you downloaded the Thunderbolt version??? I had to ask!!!

Lol, yes I downloaded the TB version, file has the word Mecha in it, MD5 matched as well. Thanks though for asking!

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You can load the GAPPS file after, but even if you forget to flash it the ROM should still come up.

I did not ask... what version of each ROM where you trying to install??? CM7 is up to 7.1.1, and Liquid Smooth is up to version 3.2.

Its the 7.1.1 version, the MD5 also checked out. The actual title on my sd card is "update.cm.7.1.1-Thunderbold-signed.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
One other thing... are you using the latest version of Recovery??? Not ROM Manager, but Recovery... it should be 5.0.2.1.

If that is correct, try a normal load: wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, flash the ROM... give it at least 10 minutes to boot up... if it doesn't do a battery pull, go into the hboot screen, then into Recovery and do it again, wipe, wipe, wipe, flash... see what happens.

Reactions: ebrown126

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
One other thing... are you using the latest version of Recovery??? Not ROM Manager, but Recovery... it should be 5.0.2.1.

If that is correct, try a normal load: wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, flash the ROM... give it at least 10 minutes to boot up... if it doesn't do a battery pull, go into the hboot screen, then into Recovery and do it again, wipe, wipe, wipe, flash... see what happens.

You were right! It had to be my recovery which was way out of date. I was in the 3's and it's currently at 5.0.2.1. Even though I updated CWR every time I never updated the recovery.

I got both Roms up and running last night, sticking with CM7 for now. Again thanks for all of your help.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Glad I could help... it's hard sometimes doing the trouble shooting, and thinking what else could be causing this issue... it's time consuming, but glad we could fix it in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech