Horrible battery life after outage

sound48

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I was reading in the forums awhile ago and came across steps to help the Thunderbolt obtain a 3g signal during an outage. I tried it a few weeks ago when mine was on 1x. It worked, but since then I've had absolutely horrible battery life. In retrospect, I should have read more about it before trying, but live and learn. I don't think it's a rom issue, but I did try flashing to the most recent version of BAMF Forever just in case. Below are the steps I used to get 3g. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Go to the Thunderbolt phone dialer. Enter ##778# and hit send
2 You'll get a pop up labeled EPST with the choice to view mode or edit mode. You want edit mode.
3 You'll be asked for a password. It's 000000
4 Now flip down to modem settings, and then choose Rev. A.
5 Change the setting from eHRPD to enable. Hit OK, then press the menu button on the phone and tap commit modifications.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I thought I heard that this was very bad... but don't know how to fix your battery life issue.

And why not just switch from 4G to 3G in the Settings... I'm fairly sure most, if not all, Gingerbread ROMs have that ability. That is much easier than what you described above.

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
personally i leave mine on rev a. i can switch back and forth and do speed tests always faster on rev a. versus eHRPD..dont know why but live in the sticks might have something to do with it no battery difference though im sure thats a different issue..when i first got the phone on release it wouldnt work at all on eHRPD..lucky i found out on this place how to change that..tech support didnt even know how.. imagine that

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Could always just buy a Rezound battery for $19. 99 pop it in ur TB and bam problem solved!!!

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk