Offering Root Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I haven't said I stopped? Lol yes

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

LOLOL. Can you give me tips on convincing my daughter to allow ME to root her phone. I can do it...but, she won't let me touch it because she says "Dad, I am not a geek like you?"....sheesh....kids!

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If you want to root, this is a very easy way to do it. I was going to have Upstreammiami root my TB but then Auto Root came out and I used that (and I too was very afraid :D).

Upstreammiami has, I'm sure, hundreds of positive comments after helping others root.

Take him up on the offer.

What is auto root?

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
What is auto root?

Autoroot is a script that performed most of the rooting steps - not quite a one-click but not the full blown rooting process that the early rooters used.

I read Corey's tutorial multiple times and was getting ready to root the manual way when Autoroot came out.

I don't think Autoroot works anymore after the OTA updates.

red rage

May 5, 2010
Visit site
can you do a droid incredible 2 ? i am on a mac . let me know please . i tried to get the g talk thing working i sent you an invite but never got anything back .

incoehoots

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
two questions please?

Do I need a pc available for you to root me?

Will it get rid of this damn dialer that appeared with GB? Will it also fix the damn ringtone assignments GB messed up?

TIA

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
two questions please?

Do I need a pc available for you to root me?

Will it get rid of this damn dialer that appeared with GB? Will it also fix the damn ringtone assignments GB messed up?

TIA

Yes PC and what dialer? Don't remember gb changing a dialer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

incoehoots

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes PC and what dialer? Don't remember gb changing a dialer

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ugh I don't have access to a pc except at work, and IT knows most of what I do (unless we leave no trace?)

The dialer. If I make a phone call it turns on something called dialer, and it used crap loads of battery. So I have to reboot after calling anyone to turn it off. It has had the same effect on my battery on two phones now (got a replacement).
I was offered a Bionic for the "problem" but I really like the TB except for those two problems.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
ugh I don't have access to a pc except at work, and IT knows most of what I do (unless we leave no trace?)

The dialer. If I make a phone call it turns on something called dialer, and it used crap loads of battery. So I have to reboot after calling anyone to turn it off. It has had the same effect on my battery on two phones now (got a replacement).
I was offered a Bionic for the "problem" but I really like the TB except for those two problems.

i have never heard of this

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

I think this is Assisted Dialing (Menu/Settings/Call/Assisted Dialing) - you have to uncheck the box to disable but making a call enables it again. It sometimes hangs and begins using battery very quickly.

I experience this when I flash a new ROM and forget to disable it. After noticing the battery life drop way off I remember to disable it. Then all is well (it enables again on the next call, but doesn't generally hang and beginning using battery).

I don't think rooting or a custom ROM fixes this (BAMF Forever 1.10 does not, don't know about any AOSP ROMs).

Hope this helps.

incoehoots

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i have never heard of this

I think this is Assisted Dialing (Menu/Settings/Call/Assisted Dialing) - you have to uncheck the box to disable but making a call enables it again. It sometimes hangs and begins using battery very quickly.

I experience this when I flash a new ROM and forget to disable it. After noticing the battery life drop way off I remember to disable it. Then all is well (it enables again on the next call, but doesn't generally hang and beginning using battery).

I don't think rooting or a custom ROM fixes this (BAMF Forever 1.10 does not, don't know about any AOSP ROMs).

Hope this helps.

I have done that. Here is a thread here that discusses it. There are many more forums and threads that talk about this same issue. I guess not everyone has it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-thunderbolt-forums/131501-delete-dialer-data.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox