Whether I do it from cwm or from a special menu in a ROM like forever I find boot to recovery often ends up being a complete reboot just slowing the process of getting to recovery.

Why does that happen.. would.clearing cashe or dalvik before help it to work.? It's so annoying waiting for a complete reboot just to do it again.
    12-30-2011 05:03 PM
    Whether I do it from cwm or from a special menu in a ROM like forever I find boot to recovery often ends up being a complete reboot just slowing the process of getting to recovery.

Why does that happen.. would.clearing cashe or dalvik before help it to work.? It's so annoying waiting for a complete reboot just to do it again.
    First, what version of Recovery do you have currently flashed on your device... go into Recovery, or look at what version by starting ROM Manager and look at the top of the screen "Current Recovery"... if it's 5.0.2.1 you might want to flash Recovery again... if it's a lower version number you should flash the latest version.

I had it happen to me once, flashed Recovery again, and it was just fine.
    12-30-2011 06:21 PM
    Never had an issue myself.

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.
    12-30-2011 06:48 PM
    First, what version of Recovery do you have currently flashed on your device... go into Recovery, or look at what version by starting ROM Manager and look at the top of the screen "Current Recovery"... if it's 5.0.2.1 you might want to flash Recovery again... if it's a lower version number you should flash the latest version.

I had it happen to me once, flashed Recovery again, and it was just fine. If i try to boot directly from ROM to bootloader the same thing often happens
    Mine is always fine the second time or.if I manually go to bootloader then choose recovery from there. I have the latest version. The question is why would boot to recovery EVER result in a complete reboot instead? . I would.say booting to recovery from active ROM works about 50% of the time.
    12-30-2011 08:17 PM
    Mine is always fine the second time or.if I manually go to bootloader then choose recovery from there. I have the latest version. The question is why would boot to recovery EVER result in a complete reboot instead? . I would.say booting to recovery from active ROM works about 50% of the time.
    Like I'm also trying to say is you might need to flash Recovery again... did you do that??? I don't know why it's doing this to you, but when I had the issue I flashed Recovery again, and it went away. Could be your ROM, and it might be Recovery itself and that is why I'm suggesting that you flash it again.
    12-31-2011 10:41 AM
    Oh, so you no longer have the problem? I thought it might happen to everyone.

So I just flash recovery from cwm right on top of the recovery that is already there?

Recovery does "work" and i can always get there from the bootloader so i confess to being a little nervous about doing something that might make it worse.
    12-31-2011 11:05 AM
    Oh, so you no longer have the problem?
    Correct

So I just flash recovery from cwm right on top of the recovery that is already there?
    Yes
    12-31-2011 12:33 PM
    Clockwork can be updated through ROM manager. Check out TWRP whips clockworks *** IMO.
    12-31-2011 03:43 PM
    Clockwork can be updated through ROM manager. Check out TWRP whips clockworks *** IMO.
    Yes check out twrp simply awesome.

sent from my infected thunderbolt
    01-01-2012 09:50 AM
    I reflashed recovery. I don't want to change to a different recovery and lose access to my old nandroids.
    01-01-2012 10:52 AM
    Just some feedback, I'm on forever 1.10, when I bout into recovery, whether from rom manager or the custom rom, I always get into recovery.
    You shouldn't be experiencing that.
    01-01-2012 10:55 PM
    Reflashing recovery made no.difference. about half the time when chosen it boots to recovery. The other half a full reboot. My best bet is to.shut.off and go to bootloader. When I choose recovery from bootloader I always get there.
    If I choose reboot to bootloader about the same probability, 50% of the time I get bootloader. The other 50% a complete reboot.
    Once.in recovery I've never had a problem flashing a new ROM or restoring a nandroid.
    01-01-2012 11:25 PM
    Reflashing recovery made no.difference. about half the time when chosen it boots to recovery. The other half a full reboot. My best bet is to.shut.off and go to bootloader. When I choose recovery from bootloader I always get there.
    If I choose reboot to bootloader about the same probability, 50% of the time I get bootloader. The other 50% a complete reboot.
    Once.in recovery I've never had a problem flashing a new ROM or restoring a nandroid.
    This is just a thought and I thought I would just throw this suggestion into the mix.

When you do get to the RECOVERY, go down to MOUNT and then "/system" then format. BACKUP FIRST....BACKUP FIRST.....BACKUP FIRST. I would also wipe/factory reset and then wipe cache.......but before you do that...BACK UP BACK UP. Then do a fresh install of your ROM. I can honestly say that I haven't had the issue you are having.

Also, you might want to check in the MARKET and see if there is an Update for ROM Manager.
    01-03-2012 10:32 AM
    Been there..... Done that. Thanks anyway. Must be a hardware quirk.
    01-05-2012 01:22 PM
    Been there..... Done that. Thanks anyway. Must be a hardware quirk.
    Did you try flashing a new ROM or flashing your existing ROM again (might need to wipe cache and dalvik cache if you flash your current ROM again) after you flashed Recovery again???
    01-05-2012 02:59 PM
    I've had the same thing happen in stock rooted, soab, forever 7, 10, 11 and infectedrom. I aways clear everything and format system. Makes no difference.
    01-05-2012 03:11 PM
    I've had the same thing happen in stock rooted, soab, forever 7, 10, 11 and infectedrom. I aways clear everything and format system. Makes no difference.
    Still did not answer my question.
    01-05-2012 03:36 PM
    I've never flash the same 1 twice.
    01-05-2012 03:45 PM
    Still did not answer my question... I'm done here.
    01-05-2012 04:21 PM
    I have noticed even after TWRP this still happens to me.

sent from my infected thunderbolT

edit* stupid autofix
    01-05-2012 06:54 PM
    Nice to know I'm not the only one.

I think I did find a clue. If I boot to bootloader instead of recovery- recovery is not on the list of choices in the bootloader. I have to choose reboot bootloader then recovery appears.

I have the latest version of recovery and I tried reflashing it to no avail. No way I'm gonna unroot then reroot to see if that fixes it. I'm just going to live with it. Of course one of these days I may not be able to get to recovery at all. Then I'm screwed.
    01-08-2012 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD