honeycomb ROM for TBOLT?

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Honeycomb is a tablet only release that ran concurrently with gingerbread. Ice cream sandwich reunifies the tablet and phone versions. I don't think there should be a honeycomb ROM.

rjfarrow

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Like Wampa1 said, Honeycomb is tablet only so you will never see it on a phone. ICS would be the next upgrade from Gingerbread.

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly, the phone ROMs will skip over honeycomb and go directly to ICS? Is that right? If so, has there been any further information to date, if the Thunderbolt will work with it?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ice Cream Sandwich is designed for both phones and tablets. Plus, if I recall correctly, Google never released the source for Honeycomb because they didn't want people trying to force it onto phones.

Sent using Tapatalk

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so if I'm reading this correctly, the phone ROMs will skip over honeycomb and go directly to ICS? Is that right? If so, has there been any further information to date, if the Thunderbolt will work with it?

I believe the ROM developers are working on porting ICS to the TB right now. I would guess one of the first versions will be Cyanogenmod 9 (CM6 was froyo, CM7 is gingerbread, CM8 would have been honeycomb and CM9 will be ICS).

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is a Viscious-MIUI of Ice Cream Sandwich... [ROM] Vicious-Miui Ice Cream Sandwich (12-15-2011) Updated 3:15Am - RootzWiki

Thoughts Anyone?

its not ice cream sandwich. it has elements of ice cream sandwich integrated into gingerbread. I am sure it is fun to run, and I have downloaded it however I haven't installed it.

It's not going to be as solid and bug free as the gingerbread roms at the moment.

ice cream sandwich itself does exist for the thunderbolt, it isn't out of alpha though.

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Honeycomb was designed for tablets only. Some visual elements of Honeycomb have been brought into ICS, so in some ways they do look similar. As far as I know, no Android phones have run Honeycomb.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Honeycomb was designed for tablets only. Some visual elements of Honeycomb have been brought into ICS, so in some ways they do look similar. As far as I know, no Android phones have run Honeycomb.

officially, no
un-officially, you betcha, but a tablet UI on such a small screen sucked and just wasn't worth it.

anyway, ICS ports are on the way. basically everything is working besides the radio (DATA and calls/text ect) and camera. last port i tried, Wifi, BT, HW acceleration, SD card read/write all worked. it was fun to play with.

the devs are waiting HTC to release the source for one of thier LTE phones (rezound is probably one of the first in line) before we will get the other bits to work. they are trying their hardest (thanks DEVs!!) to get it working but it isn't looking good just yet.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Honeycomb was never released to AOSP so devs never had the source code. Google has admitted it was a hack to get a tablet out. ICS is AOSP and therefore the source code is available. So as stated above a few devs have working ports. But they need radio code to get data working and that is hard to do. May not happen until they have a HTC LTE radio interface layer (ril) for an ICS build to refer to.

Keep in mind that even though HC was never open sourced it changed a lot and ICS is a major release on top of that. So its 2 full generations ahead of GB.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois