Hello everyone!

There has been a problem i'm looking to resolve on my device but am having difficulty with. I want to root my thunderbolt, and set up revolutionry root on my computer to do so, but have realized through failure that I need to revert to the ota prior to the most recent one in order for revolutionary to be successful. I have downloaded the downgrade ruu from xda, but am aware that flashing it will wipe my data. I have a few paid apps that are no longer on the market and don't wish to lose them as I have been unable to find copies on fileshares elsewhere on the internet. A nandroid backup would solve my problem, but I would need a full root in place to perform one. I am stuck and any insight/support/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    01-15-2012 09:19 PM
    If your main concern is just backing up the apps, you can use something like MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id...id.MyBackupPro
    It'll backup the apps, but not the app data. You can even use the free version, but I don't remember what the limitations are.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk
    01-15-2012 09:27 PM
    Well, my main concerns are the open keyboard files, music files, game roms, and two paid and now unavailable market apps. If mybackup can cover that, thank you much. I do already have astro pro, but have never made a backup. I don't know how they compare either. I'll have to look into it.
    01-15-2012 09:34 PM
    Well, my main concerns are the open keyboard files, music files, game roms, and two paid and now unavailable market apps. If mybackup can cover that, thank you much. I do already have astro pro, but have never made a backup. I don't know how they compare either. I'll have to look into it.
    You need to buy Titanium backup from the market, will back up apps and data. You won't lose anything. Also recommend buying the pro key, as you can freeze apps you don't want to see and many other advantages. I use MyBackup Pro for my contacts, and Titanium Backup for my apps. Hope this helps you some.
    01-16-2012 05:11 PM
    Yeah, many users hold titanium backup in high regard, but i'm unsure of its ability to back up data without a full root. Are you saying it'll work for that? I'll look into it. Thanks!
    01-16-2012 08:26 PM
    Yeah, many users hold titanium backup in high regard, but i'm unsure of its ability to back up data without a full root. Are you saying it'll work for that? I'll look into it. Thanks!
    No, I don't think it will work without root. Sorry, missed that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    01-16-2012 11:49 PM
    What are the apps you don't want to lose?
    01-17-2012 09:42 AM
    Hello everyone!

There has been a problem i'm looking to resolve on my device but am having difficulty with. I want to root my thunderbolt, and set up revolutionry root on my computer to do so, but have realized through failure that I need to revert to the ota prior to the most recent one in order for revolutionary to be successful. I have downloaded the downgrade ruu from xda, but am aware that flashing it will wipe my data. I have a few paid apps that are no longer on the market and don't wish to lose them as I have been unable to find copies on fileshares elsewhere on the internet. A nandroid backup would solve my problem, but I would need a full root in place to perform one. I am stuck and any insight/support/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    I use myBackup pro and love it. It backs up everything. But like a lot of other posters have said, in order to back up your data (i.e. game data) you will need to root.

When you do back up your data (contacts, calendar etc), I woulnd't reccommend backing up System Settings because if you restore those settings, it will cause probelms.

After you ROOT and to get your phone back up and running....log into the MARKET and then MENU ---> My APPS. It should start downloading them automatically.
    01-17-2012 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD