GPS Issues / Unroot Impossible

musashiasano

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello, a big root noob here. I am having a ton of trouble... my phone was great until I decided to try and root it. After rooting to revolutionary using this method; How to Root - HTC Thunderbolt (No Data Wipe! Newest & Fastest) - YouTube

I started having issues where the phone would automatically reboot into recovery. Not sure why that suddenly happened when it had been working just fine for a few week prior. So from there I tried installing (or flashing, whatever you call it) CM7. This was successful but not without problems.

My GPS stopped working. So now I am trying to unroot the phone and just... go back to normal. I tried to use the method listed starting from; "Putting current stock firmware and s-on back onto the phone". But it didn't work... I seem to still be in CM7 and still can't get GPS to access. I tried using apps like faster fix and gps status as well but to no avail. I just want my phone back in working condition... please help!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
All AOSP ROMs, including CM7, have a known issue with the GPS... make a current backup using Recovery, then either reload a Recovery backup of a Sense ROM or install a Sense ROM like BAMF Forever or any other you like, get a GPS lock using the Navigation app, leave Navigation app running, boot into Recovery, reload your backup of CM7... GPS will work.

musashiasano

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I... I think it worked! Thank you! I've been at it for a few hours now trying all these different fixes found on youtube and google which I either didn't fully understand or just didn't work! I'm glad I came here. =)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay