Droid Vicious

drummerj80

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Did DV stop working on MIUI for the Bolt altogether? I've been out of the loop for awhile and saw where it looks like he's "jumped ship". I'm bummed because I was ready to go back to it once MMS was up and running and I had time to get GPS to lock. Guess I'll stay BAMF'd for now. Please don't misconstrue that I'm not happy with TeamBAMF, I am. I just liked the look of MIUI for some reason.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
not exactly sure, but he hadn't updated it for a while and looks like he got offended when thunderstick tried to pick up where he left off. he's not developing MIUI for the tbolt anymore.

thunderstick is picking up MIUI now so I'm hoping he can do more with it that DV did. the MMS issue was really the deal breaker for me. too many iphone users send out mass texts which make it an MMS. it would suck to miss some of those messages.

Reactions: drummerj80

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
not exactly sure, but he hadn't updated it for a while and looks like he got offended when thunderstick tried to pick up where he left off. he's not developing MIUI for the tbolt anymore.

thunderstick is picking up MIUI now so I'm hoping he can do more with it that DV did. the MMS issue was really the deal breaker for me. too many iphone users send out mass texts which make it an MMS. it would suck to miss some of those messages.

Don't think he jumped ship but he certainly closed the thread because of all the whining about him jumping ship. I doubt we will see any more miui but that's speculation on my part. Maybe he is continuing it on his own website?

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
He's still working on miui for the TB. But won't be releasing it to the public because he feels others are taking advantage of his work. His twitter account recently released miui v4 for TB to a couple of people

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
So despite my best efforts, I may have to open a twitter account.:-\

Off topic, but don't knock Twitter till you try it. I'm definitely not a "social media" person (no Facebook here), and literally created my Twitter account for a very similar reason that you're contemplating...long story short, I honestly have found no better real-time news service than Twitter. Key is to follow the right people. Unlike many other social media sites, twitter isn't about 1-on-1 interaction...~95% of people on twitter rarely post, it's about getting the info you need at real time from the right sources.

drummerj80

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Off topic, but don't knock Twitter till you try it. I'm definitely not a "social media" person (no Facebook here), and literally created my Twitter account for a very similar reason that you're contemplating...long story short, I honestly have found no better real-time news service than Twitter. Key is to follow the right people. Unlike many other social media sites, twitter isn't about 1-on-1 interaction...~95% of people on twitter rarely post, it's about getting the info you need at real time from the right sources.

Thanks PDP! It's funny you put it that way. If I'm on Rootz or XDA, I will on an almost daily basis see where dev x posted the update to their twitter. I got into facebook when it wasn't "open source" and just kept it as a way to keep up, but I barely use it for it's intended purpose and am just waiting till I can't find my out with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12