Dialer Eating Battery

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at my battery stats in the settings, and I noticed how the Dialer is eating 23% of my battery, even in idle mode. Is there a way to end it or do anything to stop it from running?

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
This is an issue since Gingerbread came out. I know of 2 methods to use.
1. After making or receiving a call do a hot restart or reboot. (This method is kind of a PITA)
2. Download the app Proximity Screen Off (by Shailesh Soliwal)
open it(see note below) and select the box for "Enable Device Admin" (give permission)
Disable in Landscape" selected
Enable during call only" NOT selected
Both "Cover..." boxes are NOT selected
Disable Accidental Lock MUST be selected
For "Timeout", we have 1 second.
Press the "back" button on the phone
Chose "Start Service"
Method 2 works for some and doesn't work for others. Best I can do for you. Good Luck!

pingplayer01

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
This is an issue since Gingerbread came out. I know of 2 methods to use.
1. After making or receiving a call do a hot restart or reboot. (This method is kind of a PITA)
2. Download the app Proximity Screen Off (by Shailesh Soliwal)
open it(see note below) and select the box for "Enable Device Admin" (give permission)
Disable in Landscape" selected
Enable during call only" NOT selected
Both "Cover..." boxes are NOT selected
Disable Accidental Lock MUST be selected
For "Timeout", we have 1 second.
Press the "back" button on the phone
Chose "Start Service"
Method 2 works for some and doesn't work for others. Best I can do for you. Good Luck!

When I try to launch the app it says "The requested item couldn't be found on this device so it couldn't be launched."

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
When I try to launch the app it says "The requested item couldn't be found on this device so it couldn't be launched."

Sounds like you may have gotten a bad download. Delete the app and download again. If you still have issues I guess you'll have to use option 1 even if it's a PITA