Has anybody tried the app in the mp called HTC Thunderbolt Restore? It claims to unroot and remove all traces of revo. Theoretically it could be a great app to have if you need to unroot for warranty work. Only 5 reviews in mp so far.
    02-17-2012 09:44 AM
    Has anybody tried the app in the mp called HTC Thunderbolt Restore? It claims to unroot and remove all traces of revo. Theoretically it could be a great app to have if you need to unroot for warranty work. Only 5 reviews in mp so far.
    I have never tried it, but I have read more than one review that it is a rip off. It only removes superuser, and doesn't truly unroot the phone.
    Personally should I need to do this, I would unroot via the method described in the FAQ above.
    Again, I have never tried this app, just what I have read.
    recDNA likes this.
    02-17-2012 10:45 AM
    Never used it, but for a $1.99....give it a shot. I won't be turning my phone in unless I have to get a replacement and then I would probably buy it or just do it the way people have suggested because I like to learn new things.
    02-17-2012 11:00 AM
    I have never tried it, but I have read more than one review that it is a rip off. It only removes superuser, and doesn't truly unroot the phone.
    Personally should I need to do this, I would unroot via the method described in the FAQ above.
    Again, I have never tried this app, just what I have read.
    I'm surprised nobody has said this in marketplace reviews. One guy in rootzwiki told me it worked for him. They do claim to return to 100% stock so if not I'm surprised they don't get tossed from the marketplace. I'll be cirious to read if anybody here has tried it.

I'll have to do a search for the posts you speak of although the tapatalk search option rarely works well for me.
    02-17-2012 11:02 AM
    I'm surprised nobody has said this in marketplace reviews. One guy in rootzwiki told me it worked for him. They do claim to return to 100% stock so if not I'm surprised they don't get tossed from the marketplace. I'll be cirious to read if anybody here has tried it.

I'll have to do a search for the posts you speak of although the tapatalk search option rarely works well for me.
    I wish I could remember where I saw that, but I don't remember. I will see if I can dig it up, but I would also use the desktop method (VZW was going to replace my T-Bolt because of the all the issues for a refurbed Razr, I said no, didn't want a refurbed device. I was thinking of it, and they would want my new at purchased T-Bolt, I came close to restoring via the desktop method in the FAQ, before just deciding no--may go to T-Mo), if I stick with VZW, and they need my T-Bolt back, I wouldn't trust this app from what I have read due to VZW getting to back ,and finding that their tech people see it has been rooted.
    02-17-2012 11:16 AM
    I don't like to use adb because I don't understand it. Typing out code from directions is fine but you can get in trouble if anything out of the ordinary happens and (like me) u have absolutely no idea what you're doing. I do appreciate your input. My quest for easy unroot in emergencies continues....
    02-17-2012 11:31 AM
    I don't like to use adb because I don't understand it. Typing out code from directions is fine but you can get in trouble if anything out of the ordinary happens and (like me) u have absolutely no idea what you're doing. I do appreciate your input. My quest for easy unroot in emergencies continues....
    Like you said, the review for this app seems great, as it may be worth the $2 to give it a shot
    02-17-2012 12:12 PM
    Well, I am in the same boat you're in. I will be using ADB to unroot, as I left VZW. I went with T-Mobile this afternoon.
    I wanted a GSM carrier anyway, and they had a rebate on the dual-core SGS II. I will eat a prorated ETF the rebate will make up the cost of the ETF.
    I tried one last ditch effort at a VZW store this afternoon, they would not budge, only offer me a Razr for $650, I know that is their job, but this crappy phone did one too many reboots, and I hated charging it 3 times a day. One reboot pre-root was during a job interview, yep, lost the job, VZW doesn't care.

I can get about $90 for my Bolt from a place I contacted, so unroot factory restore, and I am done.
    I learned rooting from this community, and still (obviously) love Android and AC (hey I won a T-shirt last summer) I will be around.

Not going to root the SGS II (at least not right away ).
    02-17-2012 05:40 PM
    We'll miss you. Check in and say hello!
    02-17-2012 05:46 PM
    Like you said, the review for this app seems great, as it may be worth the $2 to give it a shot
    It isn't the 2 bucks that gives me pause....it is what damage the app could do if it doesnt work. There do seem to be some rumors to that effect although every person who claims personal experience says it does work as advertised. I hope to keep this thread going until some folks here have tried it.
    02-17-2012 05:48 PM
    It isn't the 2 bucks that gives me pause....it is what damage the app could do if it doesnt work. There do seem to be some rumors to that effect although every person who claims personal experience says it does work as advertised. I hope to keep this thread going until some folks here have tried it.
    That is why I am going to use ADB. Rooting is not a simple process, and either is unrooting. If I damage my phone, I am out a phone and $90.

This is why I am leery of this 2 min unroot.
    02-17-2012 05:55 PM
    This app worked well for me as I was going crazy with my rooted phone trying to instal the newest OTA.
    I decided to use the app and worked well BUT!!!!!!! after running it and bringing my phone back to stock, I have tried to download the latest OTA and it has been just impossible as it is giving me an error every time I try.
    Anyone have suggestions on what is blocking the OTA of being downloaded?
    05-31-2012 07:26 PM
    This app worked for me but I had to download the file twice. If it fails this first time you have to delete anything it flashed to your SD card or else you will be stuck in bootloader.
    07-19-2012 06:22 PM
    1am, huh? Ugh, fun times indeed! Glad you got them though!

Your G-1 first look video today was great! I love that you can add Folders to the Home screen and put stuff in it like your games. Sweet!
    How did you know the first download failed? I thought the whole thing was automatic once started?
    07-19-2012 07:39 PM
    Worked flawlessly for me but I rooted again anyway. Want to try some other roms but may try the app again to just return to stock.
    07-25-2012 12:25 AM
    Personally I wouldn't pay $1.99 for it. With the "All in one Tool", there is no need to buy anything. ALL IN ONE is an amazing tool.

I also am using "4ext" instead of ROM Manger. Awesome app!
    07-25-2012 01:33 PM
    Personally I wouldn't pay $1.99 for it. With the "All in one Tool", there is no need to buy anything. ALL IN ONE is an amazing tool.

I also am using "4ext" instead of ROM Manger. Awesome app!
    IF it works the advantage is you don't need a computer so if usb plug is shot you can still unroot.
    07-25-2012 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD