Am I just missing the 'New' Thunderbolt ROMs

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the information guys...I kind of assumed that most developers had moved on to newer things. Nature of the business. And I just had not seen anything in a while come out. Hadnt really considered that there was nothing 'new' to add for the TB till ICS. That makes sense now. PDP<-- I was not looking for any updates inparticular. Once the GPS was fixed a while back all my issues with the TB were resolved. Now, was just looking for bigger better things that the developers bring us. Guess I will wait for ICS and see what goodies await us. Again thanks for all the info and Thanks to the developers who bring us all these options.

as a side note: If I wanted to start developing apps or assist in these ROMs, is there a good place(book,webpage,article, etc) to start with. I am an IT guy but have not written code since college. :-!

There's a ton of info over at XDA developers, even if searching through the vastness of that forum can be daunting!

Adrynalyne has his own blog, which although does not contain a ton of material, I have found quite informative when it comes to learning how to make mods and such, which is a great starting point.
The Teachings of Adrynalyne

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Am I just missing the 'New' Thunderbolt ROMs. Or have we pretty much been passed? I know it is an 'older' phone but still. I am running BAMF 1.10. When checking in the ROM list (in the [Guide] How to Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Thunderbolt) it seems it was last updated in Septemer '11. I know there is BAMF1.11,Gingeritis 3D v1.1, Cyanogenmod cm7. To name some big ones. But those are a few months old I believe. And there are a few others LiquidSmooth, etc...

I just havn't noticed anything recently on the forums, Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. Also not complaining Developers..thanks for all you guys do...Just wanted to see if this is EOL for us(as far as new ROMs) or what.

I think the BAMF stuff might be stagnant but there is definitely some cool ROMS out there. I am using i-Kream right now but a friend just flashed Thunderstick, so I might give that a whirl next.

I am not FLASHING like I use to for sure, but then again, there is really nothing WOW or NEW that makes me want to constantly flash everyday.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The stock verizon apps like my verizon and nfl mobile live will never work on any aosp rom for tbolt regardless of kernel. The kernel wont help radio receotion either. It will improve audio quality.

You actually need to research this more because the latest MR4 custom roms are using the latest Lean Kernel and this does restore the 4G connections speeds..

Even the developers have reported this as a solution for 4G speed quality so I tried it and it does improve the signal with 4G... I was able to tether 5 devices again and none of them had connection issues, I couldn't with the stock kernel..

Reactions: recDNA

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The rom runs smoot but I still don't see a 4g fix.. I couldn't work with working on edge and 3g only, plus I need some of the stock Verizon apps working..

Full Blown is now my favorite Rom. Hands down.

Sent from my Full Blown Thunderstick via Tapatalk.

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I used to read all the major forums daily. But as of now I only check every three or four days. I've been so depressed waiting for a BAMF ROM that's based off 2.11.605.9 just so my ringtones would be correct. That I've gone back to my stock Bolt. I know the DEV's are working on other stuff right now and I'll be happy when something new comes out but until something comes out from BAMF that works I'll just rock the stock. I have the utmost respect for the DEV's at BAMF they do some of the best work out there. And if i had a small bit of the talent they have I'd write my own ROM. I hate to say it but the stock phone works and has correct ringtones I see no need to use something that doesn't work. Regardless of the other neat features the great ROM's at BAMF have.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I used to read all the major forums daily. But as of now I only check every three or four days. I've been so depressed waiting for a BAMF ROM that's based off 2.11.605.9 just so my ringtones would be correct. That I've gone back to my stock Bolt. I know the DEV's are working on other stuff right now and I'll be happy when something new comes out but until something comes out from BAMF that works I'll just rock the stock. I have the utmost respect for the DEV's at BAMF they do some of the best work out there. And if i had a small bit of the talent they have I'd write my own ROM. I hate to say it but the stock phone works and has correct ringtones I see no need to use something that doesn't work. Regardless of the other neat features the great ROM's at BAMF have.

have you tried thundershed? i love it. never thought I'd leave sense

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
aaagghhh...same thing as before. After flashing I am just getting the White HTC load screen. WTF. I am following the same flashing technique as I always have.
[Guide] How to Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Thunderbolt
Not real sure what the deal is. Two things: I did not delete the BAMF tools before flashing to nonBAMF rom, and I used my phone to download the zip. Will delete BAMF tools and download and then transfer zip from my computer this evening and see if that helps. Unless less someone has any other ideas.

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, no change. Flashed it per Shed's instructions including wiping/formatting system which i hadn't done before. Then flashed Gapps. but am still only getting the white HTC screen. Had the same result when I flashed Infected. Not sure what the deal is. Maybe there is something I'm missing. Is there a different step from flashing BAMF or Gingeritis Roms on these other Roms?

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So, would it be the Kernel? Not sure what I have loaded actually, but it works with BAMF and Gingeritis, but not Infected or Thundershed.

I give up. Flashed Imoseyons 6.1 kernel. then Thundershed and Gapps. Same result. Just getting the White HTC screen. Guess Ill just stick with BAMF till something comes out for ICS. :(

Last edited:

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So, would it be the Kernel? Not sure what I have loaded actually, but it works with BAMF and Gingeritis, but not Infected or Thundershed.

I give up. Flashed Imoseyons 6.1 kernel. then Thundershed and Gapps. Same result. Just getting the White HTC screen. Guess Ill just stick with BAMF till something comes out for ICS. :(

The 6.1 kernel is not an aosp kernel. You can't run an aosp Rom on a sense 3.0 kernel.

Last edited:

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
np...I just hate that I cant get it to work. Also noticed that Infected is not an ASOP rom so it should have worked with the Sense Kernal I had previously. So I am back to square one. Guess I wait for ICS and then try to figure it out.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When you install a new rom it has a kernel embedded in it that overwrites ant kernel you were using before. There is no need to worry about nor install a kernel when installing a new rom. You can add a kernel later after you get the rom running.

download rom
check md5 to be sure you have a good download
backup current working rom (nandroid)
wipe cache, dalvik, and system (system restore) from within recovery.

install rom from recovery
install gapps from recovery
reboot
enjoy rom.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
np...I just hate that I cant get it to work. Also noticed that Infected is not an ASOP rom so it should have worked with the Sense Kernal I had previously. So I am back to square one. Guess I wait for ICS and then try to figure it out.

I just read this somewhere.. Worth a shot.

"That is almost always because your CWM is not current. Try updating it, then flash again"

Reactions: mychlan