Am I just missing the 'New' Thunderbolt ROMs

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Am I just missing the 'New' Thunderbolt ROMs. Or have we pretty much been passed? I know it is an 'older' phone but still. I am running BAMF 1.10. When checking in the ROM list (in the [Guide] How to Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Thunderbolt) it seems it was last updated in Septemer '11. I know there is BAMF1.11,Gingeritis 3D v1.1, Cyanogenmod cm7. To name some big ones. But those are a few months old I believe. And there are a few others LiquidSmooth, etc...

I just havn't noticed anything recently on the forums, Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. Also not complaining Developers..thanks for all you guys do...Just wanted to see if this is EOL for us(as far as new ROMs) or what.

Last edited:

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
You're not missing anything, development has been pretty stagnant lately. Most of the ROMs that are out have tinkered & added as many combinations of features that can be incorporated with the Thunderbolt, aside from a full working ICS ROM of course

Reactions: mychlan

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
There are new roms. Factory ROM is a big one that should have a new.release soon. You just won't find them at androidcentral.

I have seen.grumblings of possible skyraider 1.35, g3d possibly getting Mr4 base update and some others after gnex projects are completed.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Virus looks like he updated the Eternity R230 3.5 rom but there isn't any change information on the release page. The download area says its been updated a week ago... I installed it and a few things I couldn't originally use on this rom seems to be working now so some work has been done.

Directory listing for www.androidfilehost.com/main/Thunderbolt_Developers/Virus/Eternity/Buildbox/3.5/
Eternity%20R230.png

☆ ★ | ROM | InfectedROM Eternity? TB| NIGHTLYS | Sense 3.5 | XE BEATS AUDIO | ★ ☆

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Decided to try ☆ ★ | ROM | InfectedROM Eternity™ TB| NIGHTLYS | Sense 3.5 | XE BEATS AUDIO | ★ ☆
but now am just getting the White HTC loading screen. I noticed on the Infected page that some people were having boot screen time of 5min+ that were caused by 'zipaligns' but i have waiting ben 10+ so not sure. I was unable to acccess his "How to Install" page so maybe i left something out. I just did the usual wipes from the Android Sticky, like i always do. Now i just need to get back to my boot options to recover back to BAMF...:(

****Successful roll back to BAMF...always backup kids****

Last edited:

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The techy in me wants something new, but my practical side says my phone works great. So I guess I will hold out for a working ICS Rom.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Thundershed, It's a CM7 AOSP based ROM still under active development (1.3 came out this week). It's very fast and very smooth. Also, as others have mentioned, some devs are working on getting ICS with data to work correctly for the bolts. Specifically Team Liquid and they are awesome.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I really think everyone should try thundershed. It has bowled me over.
I would recommend using imo 6.1 kernel with it for optimum audio quality but I'm pretty fussy.

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Am I just missing the 'New' Thunderbolt ROMs. Or have we pretty much been passed? I know it is an 'older' phone but still. I am running BAMF 1.10. When checking in the ROM list (in the [Guide] How to Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Thunderbolt) it seems it was last updated in Septemer '11. I know there is BAMF1.11,Gingeritis 3D v1.1, Cyanogenmod cm7. To name some big ones. But those are a few months old I believe. And there are a few others LiquidSmooth, etc...

I just havn't noticed anything recently on the forums, Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. Also not complaining Developers..thanks for all you guys do...Just wanted to see if this is EOL for us(as far as new ROMs) or what.

There are two big reasons for this as I see it:

1. Several of the Developers have moved on. Fact is that the Thunderbolt is almost a full year old, and many of the original talented developers that worked with this phone have moved on the GNEX or something else newer. It happens. Of course, there are still plenty of devs willing to work on the TBolt but...

2. There's simply not much left to do with the tools that are available. A few months ago, there was a lot of "new stuff" out there to work with, primarily Gingerbread, Sense 3 and Sense 3.5. It took quite a bit of work getting these to work with the Thunderbolt (even after HTC release official GB for it), and for a while they represented a lot of cool new features that could be included with ROMs. Now, however, we have great ROMs that incorporate the latest HTC release for the TB as well as Sense 3 or 3.5. Most of the bugs have been reported and fixed to the best level they can be, and we have smooth as butter kernels to run them on. I mean, is there any particular feature that you really want that you can't find in a current ROM (outside of ICS, of course)?

Once they're able to get data working on ICS, then I'm pretty sure the new ROMs will start blowing up again...but for now, there's just not that much to do really.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
OK I am missing something, does this Kernel change things with the connection speeds and Verizon Apps not running?

The stock verizon apps like my verizon and nfl mobile live will never work on any aosp rom for tbolt regardless of kernel.

Last edited:

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the information guys...I kind of assumed that most developers had moved on to newer things. Nature of the business. And I just had not seen anything in a while come out. Hadnt really considered that there was nothing 'new' to add for the TB till ICS. That makes sense now. PDP<-- I was not looking for any updates inparticular. Once the GPS was fixed a while back all my issues with the TB were resolved. Now, was just looking for bigger better things that the developers bring us. Guess I will wait for ICS and see what goodies await us. Again thanks for all the info and Thanks to the developers who bring us all these options.

as a side note: If I wanted to start developing apps or assist in these ROMs, is there a good place(book,webpage,article, etc) to start with. I am an IT guy but have not written code since college. :-!

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The stock verizon apps like my verizon and nfl mobile live will never work on any aosp rom for tbolt regardless of kernel. The kernel wont help radio receotion either. It will improve audio quality.

The kernel will fix 4g speeds on the Mr4 releases. There is a my Verizon and nfl fix on bamf forums for Mr4.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
OK I am missing something, does this Kernel change things with the connection speeds and Verizon Apps not running?

It absolutely does for Mr4 (thunderstick).Verizon apps fix in the Mr4 thread over at bamf.