Liquid GB 3.2 problems

robisc69

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Been running Liquid Gingerbread 3.2 for a couple of weeks now and love it for the most part but have a couple issues and questions, they are:

How do I change the USB mode? The only option I can find is when I plug in a USB cable I can turn mass storage mode on but I need media sync mode, anyone know where this setting is?

How do I download and change themes, I can't find the option in Liquid settings?

Issues:

In call speaker volume (not speakerphone) is lower than stock, is there a fix for this?

WIFI tether drops connection randomly and the only way to get it back is to reboot the Tbolt.

Thanks in advance.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Been running Liquid Gingerbread 3.2 for a couple of weeks now and love it for the most part but have a couple issues and questions, they are:

How do I change the USB mode? The only option I can find is when I plug in a USB cable I can turn mass storage mode on but I need media sync mode, anyone know where this setting is?

How do I download and change themes, I can't find the option in Liquid settings?

Issues:

In call speaker volume (not speakerphone) is lower than stock, is there a fix for this?

WIFI tether drops connection randomly and the only way to get it back is to reboot the Tbolt.

Thanks in advance.

I've installed Liquid 3.2 on my bolt. I have a great experience with the rom. But to help with some of your questions...
Mass storage modes = media transfer mode. If you are trying to transfer music and / or videos to and from your phone that is the option you choose.
Problems with the in call volume? The only solution had read was to flash a leaner kernel onto your phone. I have yet to try this out. I was hoping there was another solution or more people that can confirm the kernel used and if that worked. Wifi tether I don't have that problem. Not sure how to help. Maybe wipe your cache and re flash the rom. see if that works.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab 8.9 running ICS 4.0.3

robisc69

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
RJV3 thanks for the reply, to clarify on the USB issue, I am aware that is how to move data but there were 4 options on the stock ROM, they were charge only, PC Mode, Windows Media Sync, and USB Mass Storage, I need Windows Media Sync not USB mass storage.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded imosyn's kernel (leankernel) to 6.1 and it seems to have helped. The in-call volume sounds louder. Hope this helps!

Did you see any improvements with the battery life using the lean kernel? Also did you just install on SD card and flash it or did you have to remove the old one. Any links to the new kernel?

sent from my Rooted Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.

docampo69

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you see any improvements with the battery life using the lean kernel? Also did you just install on SD card and flash it or did you have to remove the old one. Any links to the new kernel?

I have the extended battery so I didn't pay attention to see of it improved battery life. I flashed the kernel through recovery and I grabbed the file at Rootzwiki in the thunderbolt development section. I cleared cache and dalvik only.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the extended battery as well and wanted to get better battery life because the current kernel that came with liquid 3.2 actually is giving me poorer battery life than stock.

Ill try it out. Thanks.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
So i downloaded the lean kernel today and flashed it. So far so good. Going to test out the in call volume and the battery life to see how things run.

docampo69

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I don't see any difference. Hoping there is a better solution to this problem. Also looking for a way to search through my emails with this rom.

yeah, it's not THAT much louder but it works for me. Still a cool ROM though.

quiksetz#AC

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a working link for MR2. I want to use this rom but can't find MR2 online. My phone is currently without service because I didn't realize this takes only MR2.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah, it's not THAT much louder but it works for me. Still a cool ROM though.

Agreed still a cool from and I'm sticking with it until the official ics update arrives. Or someone has a working leak for the thunderbolt.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
New problem....is google video chat not compatible with this rom?. The regular text feature works but the video chat keeps force closing.....what gives?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon