Latest clockwork mod not working?

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I just read on a rootzwiki thread that the latest 5.x clockwork recovery isn't working, that if used to flash just about anything, including backups it will cause a bootloop. But the thread then says that because of this people should not use ROM manager to do any flashing until it's fixed. I have 2 questions for all of you:

1. Are any of you running a 5.x recovery and have very recently successfully or unsuccessfully flashed any roms or backups?

2. Is this potentially just an issue when trying to install through ROM manager? I always do mine through recovery anyway, although I get to recovery through ROM manager.

I ask this because when I open ROM manager it says my current and the latest recovery is 5.0.2.1 and I was thinking about flashing a new kernel.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
i'm using the latest touch recovery without problems but i never install roms from cwm, only from recovery

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Where did you see that? I've been using version 5.0.2.1 for a LONG time now, and have never had a single problem.

I may have gotten jumpy too soon when I saw it. It was in a thread on rootzwiki that was a FAQ type thing about rooting in their Thunderbolt forum section. I looked more carefully and it looks like the guy's last update to his post was months ago, and I know I've had no problems with cwm within the last couple of weeks. Do you know how long 5.0.2.1 has been out?

AntiAppel

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
No idea how long it's been out, but I have been having problems. Went to flash from cm7.1, and I wipe data/factory reset. Whip the /system. And clear the Dalvik. When I try to load up TunderShed 1.3 or 1.4 uon the first boot it freezes on the boot animation. If I do a battery pull, I can get in, but it freezes when setting up my google info. I restored back to cm7.1 and that worked just fine.
Now I don't know if this has anything to do with recovery, or maybe the radio.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
i'm using the latest touch recovery without problems but i never install roms from cwm, only from recovery

CWM = ClockWork Mod recovery. This IS recovery...it is the recovery partition *most* rooted users have installed. You're thinking of "ROM Manager", which can be used to flash CWM Recovery, as well as initiate a ROM flash from the app GUI. The OP is refering to the version of cwm, not ROM Manager.

(FWIW though, I do agree that ROMs should be flashed after booting to recovery partition, and not via ROM Manager app).

I may have gotten jumpy too soon when I saw it. It was in a thread on rootzwiki that was a FAQ type thing about rooting in their Thunderbolt forum section. I looked more carefully and it looks like the guy's last update to his post was months ago, and I know I've had no problems with cwm within the last couple of weeks. Do you know how long 5.0.2.1 has been out?

It's been out for quite a while now. Months.

No idea how long it's been out, but I have been having problems. Went to flash from cm7.1, and I wipe data/factory reset. Whip the /system. And clear the Dalvik. When I try to load up TunderShed 1.3 or 1.4 uon the first boot it freezes on the boot animation. If I do a battery pull, I can get in, but it freezes when setting up my google info. I restored back to cm7.1 and that worked just fine.
Now I don't know if this has anything to do with recovery, or maybe the radio.

Most likely not an issue with cwm, but possible I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae