Mods for Bamf Forever 1.10

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
In post #1 here: [ROM][GB][2.11.605.5][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.10 FINAL - Official BAMF Thunderbolt ROMs & Kernels - TeamBAMF , all the way at the bottom of the post, there are a list of modifications one can add/remove from their 1.10 rom.

Does anyone know what these mods do? Or how they are better? Or if to not even bother...

DoubleShot Style Camera with Correct resolutions

Paginated Framework

Enhanced Browser (Must be reinstalled after every data wipe)

Sense 3.0 Music Player with Dolby Mobile but Broken SRS

I'm especially interested in knowing what is meant by a DoubleShot Style Camera, as well as an Enhanced Browser.
I've successfully and easily flashed the 2.1 answer screen patch, and was just wondering if there were more cool things I could easily add/change.

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The double shot camera is the camera from the HTC amaze, zero shutter lag and what not, it's pretty amazing.

The enhanced browser is pretty lame, better pinch to zoom and some effects when the screen rotates, but you cant set to auto view full pages, it always goes to mobile view first.

Some versions of forever came with the sense 3.5 music player but it had some broken options, you're just picking what you want to be broken.

Not sure about the paginated framework.

Reactions: Green_Laser

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Thank you spartanguy81.

I guess I'll definitely try the double shot camera.

Is it only a flash from zip in recovery?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Btw, does anyone have the apk files they can share for the enhanced browser and the double shot camera?
(MultiUpload.com is down and I can't get the files)

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Double shot camera http://db.tt/njgjVV7H

Beware that panorama does not work. I don't think the stock camera did panorama, so this might not matter to you. Also,I don't know how to switch back to the stock camera without re flashing the ROM. It's just a zip you can flash in recovery.

I didn't like the enhanced browser, you can try asking in the bamf forums, that's where I got the link for the camera.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Btw, does anyone have the apk files they can share for the enhanced browser and the double shot camera?
(MultiUpload.com is down and I can't get the files)

Double shot camera http://db.tt/njgjVV7H

Beware that panorama does not work. I don't think the stock camera did panorama, so this might not matter to you. Also,I don't know how to switch back to the stock camera without re flashing the ROM. It's just a zip you can flash in recovery.

I didn't like the enhanced browser, you can try asking in the bamf forums, that's where I got the link for the camera.

The "enhanced" browser wasn't very enhanced, at least not that I noticed...Worth trying if you can find the original files I suppose, but I wouldn't worry too much about that.

A good idea would be to do a Nandroid (CWM) backup before flashing the camera, that way if you don't like it, you can easily restore your backup.

I don't have any of the original ZIPs to provide, but paginated framework I believe just meant that the app drawer would scroll in pages, as opposed to a one continuous scroll...I may be wrong.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Double shot camera

Beware that panorama does not work. I don't think the stock camera did panorama

So I went ahead and flashed this last night (after making an image first) and I must say, you were right about there being minimal lag issues with this camera. Also, besides panorama (which they call sweepshot), I found that Burst mode doesn't work either.
The lag is really gone.
Now the question to myself is do I keep it or go back to my nandroid hehe.
I need to give it some time.

Deliman1211

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
my phone is running BAMF Forever 1.10 now, but its goin slow. i was running skyraider and i noticed ill have like 180-250mb of free memory and on this i only got like 100-130. is their anyway i can make this run smoother?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37