Is it bricked, or can it be fixed?? Help ASAP please!!

droid4eva

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi I just recently purchased a thunderbolt off ebay. Originally i was buying it to repair and use. I purchased the new lcd and digitizer combo and installed today. i turn the phone on and i see a circle of green arrows. Im guessing the previous user attempted to root?? Im not sure.

Help me out here please, anything would help.

Thanks in advance

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm
Try this, turn it off, then wait a bit, then press volume down button, keep it pressed down and hit the power button at the top.
Take a pic and load that here.
Hopefully it can tell us something.

droid4eva

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
ive tried that already, goes back to the same screen. :(
Any other suggestions? What could be the root of this issue? Ive owned and rooted many droids and lurked many forums, never seen this screen.

this fixer upper is turning to a big hassle. none the less id still like to get it working.

ang1dust

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
From my Tbolt experience it looks like either its attempting to boot into the system or attempting to boot into recovery. The recovery on that phone might be messed up. Getting into Bootloader is what you want to do. If it gets that far, im going to say its not bricked and you can fix it. First you need to get into bootloader. getting into bootlaoder using the power / volume buttons isnt easy lol. I tried it for HOURS on my phone when i first got it before it went into bootloader. I was going to sugget ADB but i realize ADB requires your system to be booted in order for debugging to be on. The only thing you can do is keep playing with it to see if you can get into bootloader. 1 try wont get you in unless ur God himself.

Reactions: droid4eva

ang1dust

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Found this picture of a recovery program. The middle icon looks like what you have. I am going to say there is just NO system or ROM on that phone. It should go into bootloader. Another thing i though of, when i turn my phone on i get a Boot screen. The initial screen that comes up, does it say HTC, thunderbolt or anything?

Reactions: droid4eva

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
He's in the stock recovery, and for some reason can't get to hboot I guess

To the OP: Just keep trying to hold the volume down button then hold the power button. It should go to hboot (screen in next post)

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
This screen, but might say revolutionary, locked, or just MECHA XD SHIP S-ON
6024436e-9ae6-7380.jpg

Sent from my iPad (the one with no name :p ) using Tapatalk

droid4eva

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Found this picture of a recovery program. The middle icon looks like what you have. I am going to say there is just NO system or ROM on that phone. It should go into bootloader. Another thing i though of, when i turn my phone on i get a Boot screen. The initial screen that comes up, does it say HTC, thunderbolt or anything?

I have tried.. hours upon hours, upon hours for the last week almost and nothing. Ive tried doing numerous battery pulls, ive tried holding power volume buttons. Nothing has worked thus far.

The initial screen that comes up is the screen I posted.

ang1dust

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You understand, its not just volume button. I think its Power / Volume / up and or down / red reset button all at once...its like juggling 3 cars, but thats easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995