FM Radio Question

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the MIUI FM Radio app the comes with thundershed 1.4. I noticed it turns on bluetooth when used even though you must use headphones. Is there a way to use headphones for antenna and bluetooth for sound? If so how? I do have bluetooth earpiece that works for media in thundershed but if i am using the fm radio and turn on bt earpiece sound shuts off to both wired headphones and earpiece. I asked in thundershed thread in rootzwiki but apparently nobody knows because no answers.

ang1dust

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Not to down a low power drain music player but ill take Pandora, I <3 Radio or my own downloaded music over an FM thing. *shrug* i dont even understand why its still in the phones. Of course i say this and the phones wills top coming with FM transmitters and the zombie apocolypse is going to happen and were all going to wish we had FM radio's in our phones. Till then, id stick with the alternatives.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
LOL

I want to listen to red sox games for free. Need to use fm radio over fm frequency (not internet) to do that.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I use the FM radio quite a bit -- it's great low power, low data way to listen to news, local stations, etc.

My apologies to the OP though, don't know the answer to that question...

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm afraid that if YOU don't know then nobody will. You know your stuff.

Haha! In some arenas perhaps, though to be honest I don't use bluetooth very often -- just stick to my wired headset mainly when on the train to and from work.

I do know that reason the FM transmitter requires headphones is because they serve as the antenna (naturally), but honestly don't know if you could direct the sound out of a different channel, i.e. bluetooth.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What made me wonder is the app itself turns on bluetooth (can be undone in settings). Since the app turns on bluetooth I infer it can use it!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The reason it turns on Bluetooth is something to do with the chipset in the Thunderbolt. The FM radio is tied in with the Bluetooth one. So AOSP's solution to not getting it working was to turn on BT while using FM.

As far as using the BT to send audo to a headset, while having headphones plugged in to act as an antennae... dunno. Haven't tried it. There might be some conflict since the radio is being used to get FM signals. Just gotta try it all out and see.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Most likely. I remember seeing the Bluetooth headset option in there when I first installed CM7 ages ago.

Either way, I don't have any bluetooth headsets to test it so I can't help you there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463