Latest/best one click root method for the TB?

TonyO511

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Guess you pretty busy, What if I get a phone call or text while rooting? While I'm rooting, will this temporarily disable the phone? Am I able to keep the instructions page up will this is going on so that I may refer back to it when needed?

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Guess you pretty busy, What if I get a phone call or text while rooting? While I'm rooting, will this temporarily disable the phone? Am I able to keep the instructions page up will this is going on so that I may refer back to it when needed?

Replied to pm.
Phone call or text won't hurt anything.
You can't use the phone for about 5 minutes. Yeah you can keep the instructions up

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

TonyO511

May 21, 2012
Visit site
also, if need be, am I able to unroot in case I need to take it back for any reason? I know it voids the warranty, would they be able to know if I rooted or not?

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
also, if need be, am I able to unroot in case I need to take it back for any reason? I know it voids the warranty, would they be able to know if I rooted or not?

They can't.

Yeah after its done rooting you can switch the batt.

TonyO511

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ok it's not finding my device, the cursor is just blinking....it says to reboot phone and computer...when I retry it should I say N again for fast boot?

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
ok it's not finding my device, the cursor is just blinking....it says to reboot phone and computer...when I retry it should I say N again for fast boot?

I'd hit Y if you hit N the first time.

Try a different USB port, disable and re-enable USB debugging.

If that doesn't help let me know.

TonyO511

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ok....I believe rooting went fine. I now have superuser on my phone. I attempted to enable hotspot, but it came up saying that I had to subscribe to it via verizon. How do I work around that? Also, I saw people talking about changing ROMs...how do I go about that and does this make the phone run faster? I am also at the understanding that I can get more apps, ringtones...etc...where can I find that stuff at? Also, what exactly does superuser do? Thanks for all your help...

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
ok....I believe rooting went fine. I now have superuser on my phone. I attempted to enable hotspot, but it came up saying that I had to subscribe to it via verizon. How do I work around that? Also, I saw people talking about changing ROMs...how do I go about that and does this make the phone run faster? I am also at the understanding that I can get more apps, ringtones...etc...where can I find that stuff at? Also, what exactly does superuser do? Thanks for all your help...

Yeah leave debugging on

Super user manages apps' root permissions.

I havent heard of the apps and ringtones thing

Yeah roms can possibly make it run faster, you download one and wipe data and flash it in recovery.

To use hotspot, go to Google play and download the app called wifi tether.

TonyO511

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help....when you say wipe data, that doesn't wipe apps and stuff does it? What's a good place to download new roms?

rbo18

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Before starting this post I want to sincerely thank trter10-2 for all his help and courtesy with all the members of this great forum. You have been very helpful.
I used your method to root my phone 1 month ago. I had the .5 version in my Verizon TB and I needed to downgrade in order to Root so I used the no downgrade or data wipe. I worked flawlessly.
My problems began with the Verizon OTA. One day when I woke up the phone was with the white triangle and the blue android. I read the forum and was able to use the recovery. Thankfully I wiped cache partition and everything went back to normal but the OTA kept on coming and coming every single day.
I decided to use the $2 app that worked very well (I used it as I am not very savvy with rooting and stuff).
My problem is that now my phone is Stock and I wanted to update the software so I could get the last firmware (2.11.605.19) and then rooted the phone.
As I mentioned my actual software is the 2.11.605.5 version. I started to pull down the software update and every single time I try is giving me a download error. I press on check new, it shows a new one (I can not see which one is pulling down) and when I hit OK it gives me an error. (Download failed).
I have tried pulling out the battery. Charging it to 100%. restarting it and nothing.
Do you know what could be happeining? Any suggestions on what to do? Thank you again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay