Fastest/Most minimal rom?

breathemetal

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
What is the fastest and most minimal rom out for the tbolt right now?
My main concern is battery life. I want the rom that gives me the MOST out of my battery hog of a phone. Thanks for the info in advance.

Newly rooted and ready to get out of this stock htc garbage.

lou1210

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I personally prefer the aosp roms... Cm7.2, liquid smooth 3.2 or thundershed 1.5. I have the extended battery and I get about a day or so out of mine with moderate use. I also use juice defender and easy battery saver. Set you phone not to auto sync Nd to disable data when your phone is not in use. I also set my display to auto brightness. I also remove programs that I don't use or want so they aren't starting up and running, using precious battery life. But that's me. Hope it helps.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have read it sometimes reboots or shuts off phone for no reason. Please let us know if that happens.

MG386

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
First choice: Thundershed 1.6, IMO kernel, and webkit acceleration.

Liquid is cool too, but I prefer thundershed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

az_biker

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Thundershed v1. 6, with Imo lean minimalistic184 6.2.1(extreme #2 with speedtweak) 184mhz-1408mhz interactivex, and 605.9 radios, with rezound batt and I get almost 10hrs (30% batt remaining) with heavy use, 15hrs (48% batt remaining) with moderate use. Lots of liquid, and skyraider folks switching to Tshed with it's stock kernel or imo 6.1 / 6.2... I've done my homework, asked a ton of questions, read a gigazillion threads, this setup is equal to or superior to the best available, for performance with great batt life.

Reactions: dostie1

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am running i-Kream and love it. I have Juice Defender and with moderate use, I can get a work day out of it. If I am at an amusement park and only check it occassionally, I can get 12+ hours....again, that is only checking FB or email or texting on occassion.

I have ran many ROMS (Eternity, all the BAMF's, Gingeritis, Liquid, CM7, Thundershed, Zeus, THunderstick, etc)....and they all are worthy ROMS for sure.....that is the beauty of ROOTING....you can try on a few ROMS (like a pair of shoes)....find what works for you.

If you want a plain Vanilla ROM....then CM7 or Thuindershed is the way to go. If you like a SENSE'd ROM....then all the above ones you can't go wrong with!

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I am running thunderstick bare bones,... nice clean sense based ROM so your verizon stuff works, but it has the resource heavy rosie stripped out and uses go launcher which I really started to like with a ICS theme from using Thundershed(another awesome ROM), thou Shed is CM7 based...both ROMs can be found on rootzwiki, and thunderstick is on rom manager...

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The leanest smoothest Sense rom, hands down is accense over at rootzwiki.

Sent from my BAMF using Tapatalk

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm digging this ROM, but do you know if there's a way to add home screens? Right now I only have 3, and would love to have 5. Thanks.

You should get 5 right out of the box. If not, look for a setting in your Apps menu and then you might be able to add from there. I think i-Kream cdan do that. I am currently running Zeus...but am thinking of going back to i-Kream.

If you want more, then you would have to go to a launcher like GO Launcher (which I have installed). You can load up as many launchers as you want and then also download "Home Switcher" and then you can switch between whatever ones you have installed. I have SENSE (of course), Go Launcher, Launcher Pro, SPB Shell.

Reactions: mightyfacundo

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That's odd that I only had 3. I'll have to flash it again and try your suggestion. And thanks for the home switcher suggestion; definitely gonna check that out.

By the way, what's your favorite Sense 3.0 ROM? I've tried Bamf Forever (had issues with the market), Liquid Smooth Gingersense (no Google navigation), and I tend to use ThunderStick Full Blown now because the only bugs I've encountered are minor and easily overcome. Thanks.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
In order of my preference based on battery life and overall performance....
1. Thundershed 1.6
2. Skyraider Zeus 1.3
3. Gingeritis (not 3D)

I have an extended battery and use 2x battery app. I easily get over a day with moderate to heavy use. (plus in my opinion it really doesnt matter if we get over a day because we pretty much all plug in when we go to bed at night :)

I have tried them all and even though we cant get a legit ICS rom yet, I LOVE this phone and plan on keeping it for a while.

Reactions: zero neck

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You should get 5 right out of the box. If not, look for a setting in your Apps menu and then you might be able to add from there. I think i-Kream cdan do that.

I finally had some free time to switch back to this ROM, and you were right. I was able to add home screens, and I now have 7. Thanks.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
In order of my preference based on battery life and overall performance....
1. Thundershed 1.6
2. Skyraider Zeus 1.3
3. Gingeritis (not 3D)

I have an extended battery and use 2x battery app. I easily get over a day with moderate to heavy use. (plus in my opinion it really doesnt matter if we get over a day because we pretty much all plug in when we go to bed at night :)

I have tried them all and even though we cant get a legit ICS rom yet, I LOVE this phone and plan on keeping it for a while.

Mine would have to be:

1. I-Kream_RLS (seems to be the most stable). The only thing I don't like about it, is that it is based off the ".19" ROM which takes away the LINKING feature in emails....thanks APPLE for sueing HTC for that

2. Eternity (Latest Build) - I like this one, but it got a little wonky on me so I reflashed to something else. I might go back when I get bored.

3. Anything from BAMF

I am bored at work, so during lunch I am going outside of the box and trying some ROMS I have never tried (BULLY, SHIFT and LiquidSMooth).

Reactions: ssethv