[ALL IN ONE] The HTC Thunderbolt Tool!

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
This tool is your all-in-one toolbox for the HTC Thunderbolt.

With it, you can:

1. S-OFF and Root
  2. Unroot
  3. Install 4ext recovery app to flash it
  4. Boot menu: Reboot, Hot reboot, Reboot recovery, Reboot to fastboot, Reboot to hboot, Power off
  5. Disable HTC OTA Updates
  6. Run an ADB/Fastboot Command Prompt
  7. Install Busybox via an app

SCREENSHOT:

Screeny.png

CREDITS:

*ChainsDD - Superuser

*The Revolutionary team:
Adam Glasgall, Joshua Wise, Koush Dutta, Kenny Millington, Eric
Smaxwill, Michael Sullivan, 0xf4b, Ryan Pearl, Sen Verbrugge, Matt
Mastracci, Matthew Fogle, Sebastion Krahmer, BumbleDroid, Scott
Walker, attn1, Kevin Bruckert, and toastcfh - Revolutionary S-OFF

*The Revolutionary Team - ZergRush

*Kevin Bruckert (Agrabren) and #TeamWin - fre3vo exploit

*Koushik Dutta - ClockWorkMod recoveries

*TeamWin - TWRP recovery

*@MadMaxx82_xda on twitter - 4ext recovery & app

*TrueBlue_Drew @ XDA - Splash Flasher (Currently Unimplemented)

*AndroidGod -Being my official beta tester for the unrooter

*Goldfish - Foooood

*My fan - I got hot while making this ok?

*Zomboy & MonstercatMedia - For making the sick music I listened to while coding

this

*HTC - They kinda like, made the phone.

*Me - Everything else was my original work. And because I'm a conceited jerk. ;P

INSTRUCTIONS:

Run ThunderboltTool.exe, then run ThunderboltTool.bat in the folder you chose to

extract to.

READ THE README THAT POPS UP ON THE FIRST RUN AND FOLLOW ALL

ITS DIRECTIONS!!!!

CHANGELOG:

Changelog can be found here: https://github.com/trter10/Thunderbolt-Tool/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt

DOWNLOAD:

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading ThunderboltTool.exe

MD5 is on download page.

ENJOY! :)

Last edited:

hjlewallen

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to mention, I had to have the phone connected to the PC before running the .bat file. With my first attempt, I opened the .bat then connected the phone and it never recognized it. Second attempt, I plugged the phone up to the PC then ran the .bat and everything worked flawlessly. Rooted within a few minutes. Great little tool kit. I'll be holding on to this.

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that my music player fails when I plug in a car charger. I think that the G1 believes that it's a USB cable and since the G1 can only either act as a drive or access the card itself (not both at the same time), I can't listen to music.

Anybody else ever run into this?

Glad you liked it :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

hjlewallen

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Now... any suggestions on finding a debloated ROM but still staying as close to stock as possible? Unless someone has a ROM that can finally get the wings to pop out like Buzz Lightyear and get this puppy to fly across the room while I watch the cam remotely from my laptop.

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what I will be adding, but it will hopefully be a lot.
Extras are for people that are rooted

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

thunderman73

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey hjlewallen. I found a debloated ROM by JRocker called Ginger bread rock just came out last month. He has a debloated and regular stock as well with OTA turned off. Runs really well so far and I've been running it about a week.

Reactions: msgt1998

pwoznic

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I need to unroot since I damaged the screen and want to go to BB to replace it...phone works fine, just the screen is all cracked. :(

I am running iKream that I loaded a couple months ago.. would it be best to go into clockworkmod, load the first backup that I did, place the verizon bloat back wherever they were, and then run the unroot?

I initially rooted by using the autoroot posted after launch..I'm thinking I may alternatively just flash to the stock rom/radio and then remove root via the tb tool..

Last edited:

thunderman73

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I would run backup from cwm and move that file to my PC. Then when you get your screen fixed, reroot and put it back on from cwm. Unless you plan on getting a different phone. You can also use a program like audio manager to hide apps you don't want them to see.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I need to unroot since I damaged the screen and want to go to BB to replace it...phone works fine, just the screen is all cracked. :(

I am running iKream that I loaded a couple months ago.. would it be best to go into clockworkmod, load the first backup that I did, place the verizon bloat back wherever they were, and then run the unroot?

I initially rooted by using the autoroot posted after launch..I'm thinking I may alternatively just flash to the stock rom/radio and then remove root via the tb tool..

You should do what the guy under you said.
Just run the unrooter, no need to restore the stock rom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance