Thundershed v1.6 data problems...

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, after I installed Thundershed v1.6 on my TB, when I try to access data from some of my apps, it just won't. Facebook, Dolphin browser and a couple others... Anyone else having this sort of issue? It's not the same as the VZW 4G drop that's been happening, I still have data, just some apps won't access it.

I threw this ROM on about 2 days ago coming from Clean rom. I was hoping CM7.2 would have better BT usability, but I haven't even tried THAT yet. I'm hoping this is just a kernel issue or something, but can't find any kernels newer than April, so figured I would ask around. TIA.

MG386

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on TS 1.6 with IMO 6.2.1 and I have seen that once with Facebook, but only once and I think it was a fluke. Everything seems to be running well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there any advantage to TS 1.6 over TS 1.4? 1.4 is flawless as far as I can tell and people seem to complain about 1.6.

mychlan

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I hade the same issues. But I thought I had them on 1.4 also. But I am not sure. It is hard to pin down what is actually causing the data drop. Intermitant problem and all. Anyone checked over on RootsWiki? I have not, had just been living with it assuming it was a Big Red issue.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Lots of posts about intermittent vzw outages in every rom. I do read rootzwiki every day I just think it would be rude of me to suggest 1.4 is better than 1.5 or 1.6 in Shed's thread. I wondered if there is some concrete advantage to the newer version.

I use Imo 6.1.0 AOSP kernel.

IMO data outages lately are vzw issue

Last edited:

thewatrb0y

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 1.5 and i've run into a lot of issues with data just dropping at random.

I upgraded radios to the .19 so maybe thats the issue?

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Lots of posts about intermittent vzw outages in every rom.

IMO data outages lately are vzw issue

I'm not talking about losing data service for a couple seconds and having the radios resetting like they were doing a few weeks ago during all the 4G service area expansions. I'm talking about one app has no problem getting data, can see it transferring per the icons in the notification bar and everything working fine, and then the next app, the data doesn't even register. The 4G icon is there in blue, (not grayed out), and if I hit home and go to a different app it works fine, just certain apps refuse to USE data. When it happens the only way to get them to use data again is a reboot, but it doesn't last long. Happens on WIFI too. Like I said, not the VZW radio resets, just won't access the data stream at all, (per app...)

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, my TB, when I try to access data from some of my apps, it just won't. Facebook, Dolphin browser and a couple others... Anyone else having this sort of issue? I

I'm on bamf 1.10 and am experiencing the same. I will have 4g, then i'll tell myself, "lets peak at whats going on in facebook", and once launched, FB tells me there is no connection and I see 4g is gone. Other apps, not all, are doing this to me too. I was thinking it was the whole big red issue going on, now that I see it's happening on another rom, I feel more confident its a vzw thing.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The only oddity Ive noticed was today while listening to america online radio through the app I tried to use the browser and it wouldnt work. I then tried opera and dolphin but sane story. I know I had data because radio continued to play and signal was 4g -65 dbm but I couldnt use the browser until I shut off the online radio. Makes no sense to me.

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I will have 4g, then i'll tell myself, "lets peak at whats going on in facebook", and once launched, FB tells me there is no connection and I see 4g is gone.

That's the 4G area roll out issue (network hiccups while a new area is getting 4G to their region), not what I'm talking about. 4G never goes away, I get a signal, other apps work fine, I can see/check the signal strength no problem. Just for some reason, some apps will out of no where refuse to connect to the data stream, even while other apps are using it just fine...

Reactions: Green_Laser

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That's the 4G area roll out issue (network hiccups while a new area is getting 4G to their region), not what I'm talking about. 4G never goes away, I get a signal, other apps work fine, I can see/check the signal strength no problem. Just for some reason, some apps will out of no where refuse to connect to the data stream, even while other apps are using it just fine...

In my area I've had LTE since the day I bought the phone yet still had the issue I described.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I see, thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
In my area I've had LTE since the day I bought the phone yet still had the issue I described.

What you're talking about seems more like whats going on with mine, except that it only started when I threw Thundershed v1.6 on... If I was having those problems I would have brought it in to get it looked at, I just changed roms and fixed the problem.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The problem is so infrequent and Thundershed so superior to other roms I've tried that I wouldnt change for that. Sense lag drives me nuts and I really miss the ability to tweek the auto backlighting settings to exactly what I like. I prefer TS 1.4 TO 1.6 because I like the 3g/4g toggle to work properly in the pull down power widget. The only sense feature I miss is live weather wallpaper. It looks nicer than go live weather wallpaper.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20