Data drop as soon as app tries to access data???

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I am having an issue with my TB, it seems to be better then worse so I am not sure if it is verizon or my TB. Basically my phone shoes full bars with 4G, I open an app like facebook, yelp, play...etc basically anything that needs the network. Within seconds of opening the app the 4G drops off and the app can no longer find the network. Go back to the home screen give it a few seconds and 4G comes back. I can do this with mutiple apps and at mutiple locations (home, work, parents house, resturant...etc)

Could this be a TB issue? Bamf issue? radio? or just crappy verizon?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It appears to be a Verizon network issue as it's happening to numerous phones, not just the Thunderbolt. It seemed to start the first week of June and is intermittent. You can try a power down, battery and SIM card pull for five minutes. This will force the phone to re-provision itself on the network and seems to get data working normally for a while until it starts to act up again at some point. Some people have tried new SIM cards and even replacement phones, but none appear to be a permanent fix. I strongly suspect it has something to do with their LTE authentication system. See the link below for more info:
This Is Why Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Or Other 4G LTE VZW Phone) Is Losing Its Data Connection

More info via these threads:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-thunderbolt-forums/180758-me-verizon-losing-data.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-rezound/179585-losing-4g.html

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Awesome, from bad to worse. Pulled the battery and sim. Waitied a few min. 4g came right up but nothing would load (facebook, twitter...etc)
Robooted, nothing
In and out of airplane mode and now I have nothing. No 4g, No 3g, No 1X. But bars that only some are lit....this is awesome!!!! Network is up in the area as my wifes iphone on verizon is working just fine.

Ybubbles

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
This maybe an issue with certain apps. For me, it was Facebook. My network connection is typically pretty good after a reboot until I open Facebook. After opening Facebook, my connection would come in and out. So I repeated the experiment twice this morning and the results were the same. I have since deleted my Facebook app and the network connection has been solid. I guess I will be accessing FB through a mobile browser from now on.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I am having an issue with my TB, it seems to be better then worse so I am not sure if it is verizon or my TB. Basically my phone shoes full bars with 4G, I open an app like facebook, yelp, play...etc basically anything that needs the network. Within seconds of opening the app the 4G drops off and the app can no longer find the network. Go back to the home screen give it a few seconds and 4G comes back. I can do this with mutiple apps and at mutiple locations (home, work, parents house, resturant...etc)

Could this be a TB issue? Bamf issue? radio? or just crappy verizon?

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me, and for a while now, and I'm on bamf forever 1.10, with zigg kernel, BUT, I'm relieved somewhat to see this isn't a TBolt only issue.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
This maybe an issue with certain apps. For me, it was Facebook. My network connection is typically pretty good after a reboot until I open Facebook. After opening Facebook, my connection would come in and out. So I repeated the experiment twice this morning and the results were the same. I have since deleted my Facebook app and the network connection has been solid. I guess I will be accessing FB through a mobile browser from now on.

This might be an interesting find here, have others tried to?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Facebook so can't comment on that, although from what I've read about that app, it sucks overall anyway so not sure how reliable it is as a test. I can say though that when I experience the data drop issue, it's never specific to any app, it just happens regardless of what I'm doing on the phone.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
True, the FB app is horrible.

However on a side note, besides our TBolts, and other phones like the RAZR, I did read that even the Vzw air cards/jet packs/whatever for laptops are affected too. So it's definitely not our phones.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
True, the FB app is horrible.

However on a side note, besides our TBolts, and other phones like the RAZR, I did read that even the Vzw air cards/jet packs/whatever for laptops are affected too. So it's definitely not our phones.

............and yet, they want to adjust our UNLIMITED data plan....pay more and get less....if I didn't already have Unlimited right now....I would be beyond mad and demand a refund!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital