Infamous&unresolved Wi-Fi error

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Welp, title says it all.
The infamous, unresolved issue of Wi-Fi saying "error" under it in the settings.
Issue occurred first on unrooted stock(when I was give the phone), so I rooted it in hope I could somehow fix it via kernel flash, rom flash, or by other means.
I've practically flashed every kernel, every rom, tried several apps, and still running into this issue.
I would rely souly on Wi-Fi for internet access, seeing how I do not want Big Red up my arse with a contract(sticking to my Optimus V on Virgin Mobile running JellyBean).
The phone has no SIMcard, a 2GB sd-card, and is running the newly leaked BAMF ICS rom(installed in hopes of at least using bluetooth tether with my Optimus V for internet, but BT is broken on the leak).
I've searched every android forums on the web, read several dead end threads, saw even more that were unanswered.
Its as if this issue is purposely avoided being resolved.
I at least want someone to attempt to help, or give me the definitive answer of "you're poop out of luck, and there is no solution."

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to help, but I am not familiar with this problem. I had a different issue with the leaked ICS ROM's WiFi, but I've never seen an error message like you describe. And actually, I don't recall ever seeing this problem discussed, but I might have hust had my head stuck in the sand.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to help, but I am not familiar with this problem. I had a different issue with the leaked ICS ROM's WiFi, but I've never seen an error message like you describe. And actually, I don't recall ever seeing this problem discussed, but I might have hust had my head stuck in the sand.

Just Google HTC Thunderbolt WIFI says error, its a fairly popular issue dating back sometime around last year.
And its not an issue with the ROM, it started when I got the phone, before I rooted it.
Flashed several different ROMs and kernels, a d it still persists.

motoroid7

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this error on other devices in person, but don't know how to fix it. Just wanted to say your not crazy. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am back on the leaked ICS ROM, and sure enough, I am now seeing an error message right below the WiFi heading in the setting menu when I try to turn it on. However, I've never had this problem before on stock or the 25 ROM's I've flashed, so I don't know what to make of it.

When you figure it out, can you share the fix for it? Thanks.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am back on the leaked ICS ROM, and sure enough, I am now seeing an error message right below the WiFi heading in the setting menu when I try to turn it on. However, I've never had this problem before on stock or the 25 ROM's I've flashed, so I don't know what to make of it.

When you figure it out, can you share the fix for it? Thanks.

If I ever come across a fix, or at least find a work around, I will definitely share it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo