no 4g after root

thetryal

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
i rooted my old thunderbolt and had to have it replaced under my insurance b/c of water damage. I just got my replacement yesterday and followed the revolutionary root process. This is the same process I used before with no issues. It seems my 4g is not working. I am pretty sure it is b/c of the root being that i had 4g yesterday before I rooted.

should i return this to stock? I dont really want to do this b/c of all the warning of returning to stock.

should i try to re-root from the beginning?

i have verizon.

thanks

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Try the following:

1. Ensure phone is set to LTE/CDMA - Menu, Settings, Wireless & networks, Mobile networks, Network Mode
2. Power down, pull battery and SIM for five minutes to force a reset and re-provision on the network
3. Check the battery door contacts in the upper right (these are for the LTE antenna). Try another door if you have one.

thetryal

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Ive tried pulling the battery and the sim card. I even tried a new sim card and had verizon activate it.
i should have my replacement device today. asurion replaced it under warranty b/c of the 4g issue. i flashed everything back to stock. it now shows the locked hboot. still no 4g I checked the lte/cdma mode. it seems to only load things in cdma only....wierd. on my old phone that got damaged 4g worked fantastic!!
i will try to move everything over to the new phone today when i get it. ill report back later this evening. I just got a free tablet pc, the slate 2 and really want to setup the wireless tethering.

fyi, thunderbolt tool works fantastic for unrooting and going back to stock!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol